Kevin Steele a Candidate for Head Coaching Job.

GwillMac6

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda doubt he leaves but if he does it will be pretty damning of the internal state of affairs and what might lie ahead. Kinda like when the Guster left for Arky State. Hope he doesn’t, if for no other reason than I like his press conferences 

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Kinda doubt he leaves but if he does it will be pretty damning of the internal state of affairs and what might lie ahead. Kinda like when the Guster left for Arky State. Hope he doesn’t, if for no other reason than I like his press conferences 

I mean would you want to stay with the uncertainty of what will happen to Gus?

I looked it up, their previous HC made 256,000 a year. At one time I bought into the Steele would retire from AU, but he was looking around last year as well. The Tennessee job was obviously attractive but it seems there was a much smaller position he was also interested in.

It's always a good thing if our coordinators are candidates for head coaching jobs. It would be a smart move for him if he's still wanting to be a head coach. Hop off the sinking ship will you can. 

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Promote him to  d coordinator is probably what he would have to be do. 

God I hope not that would be the stupidest staff decision Gus could make.  T-Will doesn’t even handled linebackers by himself.  Steele helps.  

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Better hope he doesn't. Will get tough to find a suitable replacement when you can't promise any semblance of job security. 

At $2m a year I think we will be fine finding another DC if we have to.  I’d love for Steele to stay but if he leaves I think we can find another good one 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

God I hope not that would be the stupidest staff decision Gus could make.  T-Will doesn’t even handled linebackers by himself.  Steele helps.  

Never said it would be a good idea. I just don't know why T-Will would stay, otherwise.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

At $2m a year I think we will be fine finding another DC if we have to.  I’d love for Steele to stay but if he leaves I think we can find another good one 

Is Gus going to get $2m to spend at this juncture?

I just think it's a tough sell, knowing that Gus is a lame duck. Coach for one season and hope you will be retained.

I’m not in tune with CKS but I’d think he’d hold out for a better offer. 

Didnt someone say something about him wanting our state pension or something? 

5 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Funny how Feldman "breaks" this at the front of bama week...   IMO Steele is here, period.  He just signed a new deal.   If not however,. You go get T-Rob and keep Williams.  

Yep look for more  "news" to create issues among AU people...right up to signing day...

Just now, AU64 said:

Yep look for more  "news" to create issues among AU people...right up to signing day...

Not that I disagree but is Bruce normally one of those kind of guys?  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Don't know but I do pretty much know that Charlotte is unlikely  to pay even $1 M for a coach...but seems like every year about this time the rumors get kicked off....seems normal to me.

15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Not at all. This is ridiculous and reaks of little brother syndrome. Bruce is a west coast guy and is stationed in LA. He never covers bama or does pieces on them. Why in the world would he be used if this was the motive to try and "distract" us during Iron Bowl week?

This idea is preposterous. The guy is going to a minor league program for 1/8 the money that he's getting at Auburn? Stop and think for a moment and you won't be wasting thought on this foolishness.

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

If I recall Steele doesn’t do much with linebackers, and hasn’t here at Auburn. Gave T-Will full control of that room to do this thing.  I believe that was in an interview but it was so long ago.

I do think T-Will could be ready for the task.  Three years learning from Steele.  Relates to the kids, and can recruit well.  Won’t be asking for Steele’s salary.  Worth the risk to me but I’m not the head coach.

Archived