Kevin Steele a Candidate for Head Coaching Job.

GwillMac6

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not at all. This is ridiculous and reaks of little brother syndrome. Bruce is a west coast guy and is stationed in LA. He never covers bama or does pieces on them. Why in the world would he be used if this was the motive to try and "distract" us during Iron Bowl week?

OK..but why is he interested in a backwater school like Charlotte....or Steele ?  Somebody fed him the story or the clip is accurate....and why him ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we keep ole Kevin for a while.

Not sure whether to be entertained or horrified at post LSU game posts here like "I feel sorry for Washington for losing to us", "I like Steele so glad he's getting out while he can",  "Gus' underuse of _____ is criminal", " ha ha, _____ is ranked higher than AU" and (my favorite?) "I can't believe Gus showed excitement after our pick 6 vs Liberty".

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

If I recall Steele doesn’t do much with linebackers, and hasn’t here at Auburn. Gave T-Will full control of that room to do this thing.  I believe that was in an interview but it was so long ago.

I do think T-Will could be ready for the task.  Three years learning from Steele.  Relates to the kids, and can recruit well.  Won’t be asking for Steele’s salary.  Worth the risk to me but I’m not the head coach.

That may be what was said in an interview but isn't reality.  Steele still helps with the backers and the bucks.  T-Will is a great recruiter and has done well but he is in now way ready to be DC in the SEC.  

25 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That may be what was said in an interview but isn't reality.  Steele still helps with the backers and the bucks.  T-Will is a great recruiter and has done well but he is in now way ready to be DC in the SEC.  

I love me some T-Will more than anyone here. But T-Will is no where near ready to be a DC. T-Will X&O's are just not at that level yet. Nowhere near that level yet. Steele, as you said, has been doing the heavy lifting as far as the X's&O's. 

13 hours ago, DAG said:

I mean would you want to stay with the uncertainty of what will happen to Gus?

I think it’s pretty certain what will happen to Gus... just a matter of when

It’s Iron Bowl week and the most controversial thing “they” could come up with is Steele is being considered for a HC job. Funny, I guess a school looking to steel Gus away from us is just not believable?

14 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Funny how Feldman "breaks" this at the front of bama week...     

I doubt this has any relevance. bamr certainly doesn't need any outside help in handing Auburn's a$$ to Malzahn on Saturday

14 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

If not however,. You go get T-Rob and keep Williams.  

When has T-Rob not coached under Boom? Ah yes, 2010 at Texas Tech. T-Rob ain’t coming back to AU unless Boom comes back.

$ 2 million a year while checking off another year qualifying for State of Ala retirement vs making 75% less at a small school out of state ? Hmmm let me think about that, uhhh NO. Sounds to me more like Steele is getting close to signing a recruit UGa or bama might want, lol. 

If coach Steele leaves, I think Gus should make Travis Williams as our new DC. Then hire someone to take T-Williams job of coaching LB's.

3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

When has T-Rob not coached under Boom? Ah yes, 2010 at Texas Tech. T-Rob ain’t coming back to AU unless Boom comes back.

And T-Rob’s D is giving up about 10 more points a game than we are. 

3 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I doubt this has any relevance. bamr certainly doesn't need any outside help in handing Auburn's a$$ to Malzahn on Saturday

Yep. Seems entirely coincidental to tbe Iron Bowl and completely normal given the amount of coaching search rumors around this time of tbe year. 

19 hours ago, DAG said:

I mean would you want to stay with the uncertainty of what will happen to Gus?

He apparently signed an extension after the Tennessee game. He knows what he’s doing and what he’s getting himself into. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

He apparently signed an extension after the Tennessee game. He knows what he’s doing and what he’s getting himself into. 

Okay now I can sleep at night since you let me know he knows what he is doing.

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

So if Gus says something, it's iron clad, but if the most Sr coach on this staff says something, it isn't reality? I don't get it. 

And I also don't get the thinking that hiring TWill as DC is absurd thinking... Not too long ago, a team we are very familiar with, hired a position coach that had never been more than a TE and WR coach as their head coach. We aren't talking about TWill as head coach. Taking that risk has sure paid off for Clemson. Had you been a Clemson fan, something tells me you would of said hiring Dabo as head coach was ABSURD since he had never been more than a position coach. I guarantee you would of said that he was in no way ready to be head coach at a major University.  He has only gone on to produce a 112-30 record and has a national championship.

When a coach has "it" you do whatever you can to keep them. TWill has "it." Again, no one is suggesting he be hired as head coach. To me, the idea that he couldn't possibly do the job is what's absurd.

Also most of you in this thread reek of little brother syndrome. Not everything that's said about Auburn is some ploy by the turds. 

It's no wonder the turds call us little brother. You guys think Bama is behind everything that happens. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Okay now I can sleep at night since you let me know he knows what he is doing.

He signed the extension after the Tennessee game. You tell me. And regarding your sleep, knock yourself out.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Also most of you in this thread reek of little brother syndrome. Not everything that's said about Auburn is some ploy by the turds. 

It's no wonder the turds call us little brother. You guys think Bama is behind everything that happens. 

Yeah it’s crazy. 

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Like me and you have said before. Look who is the MAIN person driving this narrative. 64. THE OLDER CROWD. They are guilty of this more than the crowd that grew up in the Dye years or me who grew up in the Tub years.

all right.gif

Archived