Men vs Xavier

tgrogan21

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

This team is too-3-point-shot crazy.  A few minutes ago, Okeke passed up an easy put-back to pass out for a 3-point shot (that missed).

That's our game though. We just need to calm down and let the game flow. I don't mind the 3s because they're not bad shots. We just need to learn to drive the ball or throw it inside some if we're not hitting them. Eventually, this team WILL go on a 3 pt storm. Many times it came in the 2nd half of games. We're fine. 

Harper feeling the pressure of the stakes more than anybody else right now

You definitely need him to do his thing to win, but Pearl might want to try something different to help him see the court a little more.

I want to add, he's had some very good passes that were bricks as well, but you need him to play at his level and not just so-so

I agree that the 3 is our strength, and we need to keep shooting them.

I also love a good low post game as a change of pace.

I'd rather be cold from 3 against Xavier than (hopefully) Duke.  Law of averages being what they are.

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I agree that the 3 is our strength, and we need to keep shooting them.

I also love a good low post game as a change of pace.

they have been working it in and out all game.  Passing up some inside shots and passing it back out for some reason.  I think we should have some success inside, watch the UW v XU game and Happ destroyed them inside and they let the 3 open constantly as well

1 minute ago, wareagleguy said:

Need to make a run here before the half

I like the fact that we're still up by 3 after shooting so poorly. Makes me more hopeful for later in the season that we can struggle and still win.

I appreciate everyone's input on these threads.

Would love if we could stop the personal back and forth and be supportive of our team.

War Eagle.

Nice way to finish the half. We're fine. We got the jitters out. We didn't shoot well at all and we're still up at halftime. Just like last year...2nd half will be our half!

Archived