Who Are Your Top Returning Impact Players?

Linayus

45 minutes ago, CR said:

I still can't understand the people that think the O Line will be better next year just because they're returning starters. This isn't like when the Ziemba-Pugh group played as freshman and you could see they would be better.

I think they could improve.  I have seen improvement from Tega as the year went on and I think Driscoll graded out the best of anyone this year already.  Many on here with better knowledge than me are also excited for Troxell.  Harrell and Horton showed in 2017 they could play so who knows.  It can't hurt to set the expectation of improvement.

On offense I would have to go with Seth Williams.  I have harped all year that guy is a stud and will continue to be.  Everything seems to go in slow motion for him to make the contested catch and seems so calm out there.  Can't be rattled.  Imagine him on one side next year and George Pickens on the other...  Wow.

On the defensive side of the ball I will go with Jeremiah Dinson, assuming he returns.  Very good QB of the secondary.  Very vocal and passionate.  Need his drive going forward.

46 minutes ago, CR said:

I still can't understand the people that think the O Line will be better next year just because they're returning starters. This isn't like when the Ziemba-Pugh group played as freshman and you could see they would be better.

I just don’t think they can go anywhere else but up. They will certainly be better. Unless we get a couple jucos or grad transfers we won’t be anywhere near dominant. But they could certainly make us compete in in every game. We could have won our first 9 games if we get better play from two of the five spots. A lot could look different next year. It’s not a stretch to believe we’ll be a better team. 

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think they could improve.  I have seen improvement from Tega as the year went on and I think Driscoll graded out the best of anyone this year already.  Many on here with better knowledge than me are also excited for Troxell.  Harrell and Horton showed in 2017 they could play so who knows.  It can't hurt to set the expectation of improvement.

Agreed but neither of us have any comments on center! Improving those guys is a must but I sure would love to land a transfer. Or see Irvin blossom into the job. 

Defense- Brown or Coe and hope one of them stays. If not, Iggy.

Offense- Williams and Schwartz. Then whoever is the QB because they have to be if we're going to get the ball to those 2 WRs.

Sleeper- Joiner @ RB, with +15 lbs. of muscle added in the S&C program, putting him at 6'4" 230 lbs.  

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

Defense- Brown or Coe and hope one of them stays. If not, Iggy.

Offense- Williams and Schwartz. Then whoever is the QB because they have to be if we're going to get the ball to those 2 WRs.

Sleeper- Joiner @ RB, with +15 lbs. of muscle added in the S&C program, putting him at 6'4" 230 lbs.  

You know, I think Joiner is listed at HB currently. Either way - get him on the field and let him make plays!

20 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Shivers . He will be a 20+ carry back . Can’t believe we haven’t ran him more . Absolute stud 

Also in my opinion. I believe he would have surpassed 1000 yards this year. Even though it was behind this offensive line 

5 hours ago, Linayus said:

You know, I think Joiner is listed at HB currently. Either way - get him on the field and let him make plays!

They have him listed as a RB. I like those big RBs and I thought he looked pretty good on the minimal carries he got this year. We'll see how he looks after off season training.

Please stop with the chatter about Nick Coe leaving. He's not close to NFL ready YET. And he's a tweener- not a pash rush d end and not a D tackle either for the NFL but a hell of a talent. Just remember Jeff Holland. He was a terror and didn't even get drafted. Unfortunately I think Brown is gone early. He's projected as a round 2-3 pick on some pretty draft sites. I think Coe, Big Cat, and  those talented freshman d backs will be even better next year. On offense, God help us. I pray there is development and I think Troxell, Harrell, Horton and Driscoll will gel. I'm impressed with Witlow. People forget he was a qb and only a rsFR.  Seth Williams was a young beast out there. Excited to see him progress. Let's hope for the best. 

56 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

Please stop with the chatter about Nick Coe leaving. He's not close to NFL ready YET. And he's a tweener- not a pash rush d end and not a D tackle either for the NFL but a hell of a talent. Just remember Jeff Holland. He was a terror and didn't even get drafted. Unfortunately I think Brown is gone early. He's projected as a round 2-3 pick on some pretty draft sites. I think Coe, Big Cat, and  those talented freshman d backs will be even better next year. On offense, God help us. I pray there is development and I think Troxell, Harrell, Horton and Driscoll will gel. I'm impressed with Witlow. People forget he was a qb and only a rsFR.  Seth Williams was a young beast out there. Excited to see him progress. Let's hope for the best. 

You might not feel that way but the draft projections I can google have him anywhere from 3rd to 5 round , TBH.

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

Coe was my surprise guy last year but now everybody knows him, my next guy is McClain. I think next year everybody will know this guy. 

I'm too aggravated to talk about the offense and I'm going to honor the OP wishes and keep it positive

Are you referring to Zakoby McClain....im assuming....being M. McClain has been buried on depth and i think switched to D

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Are you referring to Zakoby McClain....im assuming....being M. McClain has been buried on depth and i think switched to D

Yes. I said I wasn't even talking offense

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes. I said I wasn't even talking offense

Yes sorry i didnt read ahead before posting. I'm with you....I was very excited when he signed with us. What I saw of him saturday I Liked and I really think he will develop nicely. He is the Heat seeking Missile remember lol Per Coach Boog Dig

9 hours ago, CR said:

I think they will be better because they have gotten better this year. I. not sure how anyone can say the pass protection hasn't i.proved S the year went on

20 minutes ago, shabby said:

I think they will be better because they have gotten better this year. I. not sure how anyone can say the pass protection hasn't i.proved S the year went on

Improved, probably so, but still not "good". Run blocking has been bad.

Archived