It's not that deep

cole256

So I have wrote before that I spent alot of years of my life playing basketball. I've told my experience at Auburn. I think because of how and the passion I played with that I can really get invested into it.

So if I'm causing people to feel a type of way or not enjoy coming on this board, I don't want that. But at the same time as far as how I've been posting I'm not changing that. A few years ago I felt I was quick to insult and anger and things of that nature but I don't do that now. I on purpose wait two to three times as far as being insulted before I return that back.

I say all that to say I'd be lying if I said I'm going to change the way I post now. I don't see anything wrong with what I say. So I can chill out and stop posting like I did last time if I'm not wanted around here or whatever. I'll just stop by ever so often. I'll still be around because around this time is when I follow recruiting. 

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So I have wrote before that I spent alot of years of my life playing basketball. I've told my experience at Auburn. I think because of how and the passion I played with that I can really get invested into it.

So if I'm causing people to feel a type of way or not enjoy coming on this board, I don't want that. But at the same time as far as how I've been posting I'm not changing that. A few years ago I felt I was quick to insult and anger and things of that nature but I don't do that now. I on purpose wait two to three times as far as being insulted before I return that back.

I say all that to say I'd be lying if I said I'm going to change the way I post now. I don't see anything wrong with what I say. So I can chill out and stop posting like I did last time if I'm not wanted around here or whatever. I'll just stop by ever so often. I'll still be around because around this time is when I follow recruiting. 

Don’t do it Cole.  People like you and I are needed here.  No we don’t see eye to eye but we know that.  If you don’t just go with the masses they will pile on you and attack you until you see the light.  You have more patience then I do because I ain’t taking the personal attacks from anyone I’ll fire right back.  

Just do your own thing in posting @cole256. No reason to change or stop anything. I wouldn't say half the stuff I read on here but it won't make me stop coming here. Opinions are what make this site click. If everyone had the same opinion there would be no reason to come here. The way I see it  people can disagree respectfully and still get their point across. Some people are too serious anyway. I come here to learn and enjoy. I look for humor wherever I can find it and there's a good bit on here whether intentional or not. Keep being Cole. 

yes, please....read coles contribution or ignore it, just stop the little girl pissing contest...if he hurts your feelings put him on ignore and if you hurt his, he can do the same, just try to keep all things focused on basketball....lets see how far from an elite program we are today,okay?....we were a long way away yesterday, and i am losing confidence as the duke game approaches so give me reasons to be optimistic

Cole actually knows what he is talking about, not like others who think they do.  All of us have learned plenty from him, just like from Bird in football and WDE and E in recruiting.  They are honest people and not instigators or ego-maniacs.

Keep posting bro there are only a handful of people who get cranky and they aren't worth replying to or even acknowledging when it comes to assessing whether you should continue to post or not IMO

Ok cool. I think I won't post in game threads, maybe just at the half and after the game I can say what I thought. 

I guess when you're used to playing but not coaching you are just used to saying what's wrong and not inflecting enough positive post. I'll work on that. 

Don't mean anybody any harm. If I come across wrong it's more just passion I promise I'm not getting personal

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Ok cool. I think I won't post in game threads, maybe just at the half and after the game I can say what I thought. 

I guess when you're used to playing but not coaching you are just used to saying what's wrong and not inflecting enough positive post. I'll work on that. 

Don't mean anybody any harm. If I come across wrong it's more just passion I promise I'm not getting personal

You're good, man!

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Don't see the problem posting in game threads.  Delivery could be smoother when disagreeing, but that applies to me and some others, too.  

Maybe post your thoughts as the game progresses, but don't respond to contrary posts 'til after the game.  Plenty of time to hash out differences of opinion later...

5 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

Who's mad at @cole256 ?

i am ... see @cole256 comment below ...

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

not acceptable ... i personally need in game commentary from knowledgeable people.  i consider myself a sports fan who can see nuances - regardless of the sport.  I would never put myself out there as being a basketball person, although I love Auburn basketball.  I enjoy the commentary and discussion among you guys and feel the benefits of it.  I disagree with you some - like Bryce Browns defense.  I agree highly with others - how Bruce used Cinmeon Bowers like dreymond green.

I hope everyone who has a reasonable basketball knowledge will post their thoughts ... particularly during game threads.

I agree with everything that everyone else has said. I definitely enjoy your commentary and your thoughts on the games as they are progressing. I'm also an adult so I never take what people say to heart because there are a bunch of things that cause the translation to get screwy. It's very hard to decipher true feelings through text/chat and I feel like that is one of the big issues with you. People take what you say the wrong way because you can convey emotions through text.

But this website has a mute button for a reason and if people don't like what you say they can mute you rather than going back and forth with throwing out petty and personal attacks. I hope those people that have an issue with you will take that advice and stop all of this personal drama because it's cluttering up the forum in a bad way. Keep doing you, Cole, and providing great and thoughtful insight for the people who want to hear it.

35 minutes to the biggest AU game in over 30 years,as far as hype goes.....anybody else nervous and excited?.....seriously, i am too damn old to be this keyed up for any game....i don't expect to win but i do have glimmer of far off hope...you know, miracles and stuff

24 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

35 minutes to the biggest AU game in over 30 years,as far as hype goes.....anybody else nervous and excited?.....seriously, i am too damn old to be this keyed up for any game....i don't expect to win but i do have glimmer of far off hope...you know, miracles and stuff

Yes, and yes.

We can do this.  Opportunities like this are what Bruce Pearl lives for.

8Pjg.gif

@cole256 You are one of the MVPs of the basketball forum & a valuable member to the community. Don't let anyone get under your skin. Just do you & post your insights as you see them. Most of us greatly appreciate your input. Look at it this way. When someone gets under your skin they have put the focus on them and that means insights you have that may not get posted & those insights are opportunities missed from our basketball lives being enriched from your knowledge.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

How in the heck is there not a “that’s what she said” response yet? 

Cuz AU basketball is serious bidness. Lol

On 11/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, cole256 said:

Dude!!..........I respect the knowledge you bring to to the basketball forum.............brother I spent a couple of years away from the forum because I said things out of anger out of anger........I was in a dark place.........pain meds can take you there........man I was so ashamed.

Anyway I read your posts and while not all....never read anything that has offended me......played basketbal 7-12 didnt make the cut 6 grade😢

While no expert myself I read your comments cause you seem to know your shyte👍

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Dude!!..........I respect the knowledge you bring to to the basketball forum.............brother I spent a couple of years away from the forum because I said things out of anger out of anger........I was in a dark place.........pain meds can take you there........man I was so ashamed.

Anyway I read your posts and while not all....never read anything that has offended me......played basketbal 7-12 didnt make the cut 6 grade😢

While no expert myself I read your comments cause you seem to know your shyte👍

Hey man, congrats on over coming the narcotics thing. Salute!!

Archived