Duke Preview/Review

JwgreDeux

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Duke is favored by 10. I’ll be thrilled if AU plays well enough to cover. If they lose by 15-20 (or get down that much late in garbage time) I’ll be disappointed. AU needs a decent showing for this game to be meaningful in the national landscape. If Duke runs away with it, or AU just never makes a game of it, then it won’t have the effect it should. 

I’d love for AU’s experience to make the freshmen look more like freshmen. 

A win helps a lot....don't think a loss ( unless we really look bad) will make much difference in the season. Duke hammered Kentucky and nobody has written them off for the year.  

Lots of games to play and a good conference run will do the trick for the tournament.   Maybe this game is more important for our self perception than anything else...JMO

I’m traveling and can’t do a review or preview today. 

We didn’t play our best game, but played hard and played good defense. We are good enough to beat anybody. 

We let that one get away and almost lost to Xavier, both due in large parts to sloppy starts to the game. Would like to get off to a clean start next game. 

Hapoy Thanksgiving and War Eagle. 

56 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

I’m traveling and can’t do a review or preview today. 

We didn’t play our best game, but played hard and played good defense. We are good enough to beat anybody. 

We let that one get away and almost lost to Xavier, both due in large parts to sloppy starts to the game. Would like to get off to a clean start next game. 

Hapoy Thanksgiving and War Eagle. 

Thanks for your analyses....always good to read....and jus think you can watch the game tonight instead of sleeping.....Arizona is not Duke, but it is a serious team and I hope our guys don't figure that the tournament was all about playing Duke.   

To offer a parallel.....this is like football losing a championship game and then having to play a bowl team it has no interest in playing. JMO but BP will need to do his best motivational speech to keep the guys amped up about this game tonight and get full effort from them.   

Archived