What it will take to Beat Bama

Win4AU

Definitely a long shot but here we go

1.  Auburn must be able to run the ball and extend drives.  Bama has an explosive offense and needs to be kept off the field as much as possible.

2.  Stidham must average more than 5 yards a pass.  Long passes will be needed to stretch the field and keep Bama from loading the box.  Seth, Schwartz, Slayton, and Davis all have big play ability if given the chance.

3.  Defense must force turnovers.  Tua hasn’t thrown a lot of Ints but he’s still a first year starter capable of mistakes.  The Dline will have to get pressure on Tua and put him on his butt a lot throughout the game.  

4.  Defense must limit the big plays.  Bama doesn’t nickel and dime teams down the field they hit big passes to their TE and their WRs who are really good.  If Auburn is gonna be plagued with PI’s all season then let’s make them count by keeping those plays out of the end zone. 

Miss State and LSU did a decent job slowing down Alabama’s offense but neither team could muster any offense to compliment the defensive effort.  I’m not sure Auburn’s defense is as good or Offense is any better than those two teams but I’m hoping for the best till I’m proven wrong.  Beat Bama!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is a weakness to Bama's defense it's their LB play. Will we attack the middle of the field to exploit that? Probably not. :glare:

If we can attack the edge we might be able to open up the run a bit but that'll be a tall order with our o-line play. It's definitely going to come down to Stidham making good reads and throws.

But hey, it's the Iron Bowl.. stranger things have happened.

:wareagle:

If Stidham somehow walks away from this game with both legs intact I will consider it a victory of sorts

But in all honesty, we need a special teams score, a defensive score, and Bama to not be mentally engaged in this one for us to make this close. If we do this and it's just a 7-10 point game in the 4th we will have set ourselves up to pull off the upset. We are going to need to have long drives to keep Tua off the field and we need to punctuate those drives with TDs not our patented FGs.

With a banged up Tua and Jalen (and now no Damien Harris), I thought we had a real chance. Even with a healthy Jalen we have a chance. But a healthy Tua is going to be a huge problem.

4 minutes ago, Linayus said:

With a banged up Tua and Jalen (and now no Damien Harris), I thought we had a real chance. Even with a healthy Jalen we have a chance. But a healthy Tua is going to be a huge problem.

A banged up tua is still better than the majority of the QBs we have faced this year. I just want us to be competitive.

Outstanding special teams play as in a blocked punt and maybe a punt return. Turnovers by them. The odds are against us but stranger things have happened! Punt bama punt!

Honestly, the Gulf of Mexico couldn't hold all the salt I'd have to throw over my shoulder for there to be a chance in this game, but I'll be hoping just the same.

The perfect game coupled with Bama playing significantly below their talent level. We cannot have any turnovers, limit 3 and outs and find a way to keep Bama off balance on defense. If that doesn't work get the Tide starters to socialize with the MSU spirit squad.

13 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Giant meteor.

Right, or I was thinking The Rams, Chiefs or Saints.

Not gonna happen. But if by some miracle we win it will kind of pee me off because I know it will have nothing to do with Gus, but he’ll reap the reward from it 

1 hour ago, AUJedi said:

Not gonna happen. But if by some miracle we win it will kind of pee me off because I know it will have nothing to do with Gus, but he’ll reap the reward from it 

I can see it now if some how we were to pull off the miracle and win. Leath would go to AG and demand he give Gus a extra 3 year extension with another 20 million in buyout. Let's be real, Leath is not a smart man when it comes to negotiating contracts.

It would take:

-Turds having 3 turnovers, 2 of them giving us a short field.

-0 turnovers by us.

-1 special teams TD or at least a blocked punt. 

-Be at least 50% on 3rd down conversions.

-Put pressure on tut and sack him at least 3 times. 

-Hit 3 deep shots, one to schwartz, one to slayton, one to williams. 

-cut the feed to gus' microphone.

-Last but not least, score more points than they do when the clock strikes 0:00

In short, a small miracle. But hey anything can happen. Still praying we shock the world and do the unlikely! 

3 hours ago, AUJedi said:

Don't be pissed about it.  You gotta want the players to win.  The Gus thing is going to take care of itself if he can't keep his teams in the Top 10 consistently.  

The US Army declaring war on UA. Outside of that......

give em hell fellas! Make them work for it. 

It will take 5 turnovers by Alabama, no turnovers by us, and stid to play like he not played all year - amazing. Also no penalties and the running game to have at least 150 yards. 

Easy. 

1. Score TD's when we get into the 'red zone'....

2. Rush for at least 100 yards

3. No missed tackles; a lot of gang tackling.

4. Something unexpected good in our favor.

5. That our 'elite' QB and defensive lineman force bama into situations they haven't faced all season.

If Auburn happens to score first, go ahead and call the team into the locker room stating that the refs are already cheating in bammer's favor.

Then just print up t-shirts saying "2018 Abreviated IB Champs".

23 hours ago, selias said:

What will it take to beat bama? A sudden outbreak of dysentery in their locker room.

Nah just feed their entire team a giant size bowl of romaine salad 3 days prior to kickoff. 

it all comes down to Jarrett performing IMO. Against uga we gave him a ton of chances to do what we thought he did best with 5 wide, short crossing patterns, easy screens, etc and he just didn't come through. If he can play with the fire and poise as he did at the end of the TAMU game we have a real shot 

Archived