Football Things I'm Thankful For

countoff

1.  In this PC world where winners are not recognized and participation trophies are the norm, I am thankful that at Auburn a 7-5 football season is totally unacceptable.

2.  I am thankful that I have memories of all the wonderful memories of "Bo over the top", miracle at Jordan-Hare, kick six, punt bama punt, etc.  There are a lot of schools that simply have nothing to compare.

3.  I'm thankful my school is in the SEC.  While that means we have many difficult seasons (like this one), but it makes the good seasons all that much sweeter.  Can you imagine being in the ACC or MAC or PAC10?

4  I love Jordan-Hare stadium.  Eagle flights.  The tiger walk.  The fact that you need to get to Auburn on the Thursday prior to the game to get a good tailgating spot.

I'm thankful for YouTube where I watched both the '87 thUga game & '87 Iron Bowl (both convincing AU victories) today to get into the mood for Thanksgiving 😁.

The best game I ever went to..UF vs Auburn 2006. My favorite game of all time and best night ever since I actually won at the game and after lol.

Also, as much as I despise Gus, 2013 was my favorite season. So many things happened. I was heartbroken after the FSU game, but still so excited for the future. 

Honk if you sacked Brodie was always a great time as well.

Meeting Rusty Williams at our house, who was from my dad’s hometown of Moncks Corner.

I'm thankful that my father, who was a big Bama fan, did not raise me as a Bama fan. He let me make my own choice and my first jersey was a #7 Auburn jersey which he gave me for Christmas. 

I am thankful for the last Auburn game I got to watch with my dad, Auburn came from behind and beat Texas A&M. War Eagle Dad!

I’m thankful that I get to mingle with a great Auburn Family to support one of the great college football programs of all time.  That I have seen history being made almost every year the good and the bad.  It’s one of my many passions in life and an escape from the daily grind.  

I am Thankful for our Lord. My wife,children,grandchildren. My Auburn Tigers. And, I am thankful that I will never be a uater. 

I am thankful for my wife and my two adult sons.

I am thankful that I served my country and that I came home safely.

I am thankful for all of my professors at Auburn that were willing to impart some of their knowledge to me.

I am thankful to be an Auburn graduate.

I am thankful to have been an Auburn fan since I was a small boy and, I just can't imagine that it could have been any other way.

War Eagle!

I’m thankful for Greene. He seems to be a substantial improvement over JJ, and seems to have our athletic program overall in the right direction.

I am thankful for the Auburn Family (fans, staff, coaches, and players that are all a part of it). I am thankful we have the best mascot in the nation (in Aubie we trust!). And I am thankful for the traditions we hold dear.

But most of all, I am thankful that we are not just a "football" school. :)

2 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

I am thankful for my wife and my two adult sons.

I am thankful that I served my country and that I came home safely.

I am thankful for all of my professors at Auburn that were willing to impart some of their knowledge to me.

I am thankful to be an Auburn graduate.

I am thankful to have been an Auburn fan since I was a small boy and, I just can't imagine that it could have been any other way.

War Eagle!

We are all grateful for your service to our country. Thank you and may God continue to bless you and your family. War Eagle!

18 hours ago, WVR said:

I am thankful for the last Auburn game I got to watch with my dad, Auburn came from behind and beat Texas A&M. War Eagle Dad!

I'm sorry for your loss.  So recent.

Come to think of it, my father took me to my first Auburn football game.  He was stationed at Fort Benning. and wanted to spend time together.  I loved it.  So much so that I applied for acceptance.  Best 4 years of my life.  Met my wife.  Had three wonderful kids.

Auburn lost.  Against Miss St.  Barfield was coach.  But it set my life on a wonderful course.

Yeah.... it should have been the first thing on my list.

I love Auburn.  Regardless of our record.

Im most thankful for my wife, my family ( which my mom has stage 4 cancer and my dads health has been deteriorating rapidly for sometime) so I try to spend every minute i can with them, and all the people who have helped me along the way.....

I'm really just so thankful for the all the great memories that Auburn and Auburn football have provided me. There are games/plays/seasons in which i will never forget and can remember in strangely vivid details...for a guy who doesn't have the best memory. I can tell you exactly where i was and what i was doing

Thankful that I had the best parents a boy could possibly have.  My wife and children are my world.  God has blessed me in ways I could have never imagined. Thankful to wake up and breathe air everyday.  

Thankful for the Auburn Tigers that give me a reason to forget about the stress of life for a few hundred hours.

• WarTiger changed the title to Football Things I'm Thankful For

Archived