Null

Dual-Threat Rigby

have quite the ceiling with Purifoy

Yup, I'm going to temper expectations for a guy who hasn't played in a long time. If he gives us 8th man type of production I'll be happy. Anything better than that is bonus. Setting the bar low here with some breakout potential IMO.

I really think he can be good but he probably has a significant amount of rust to shake off. If nothing else his size alone should help us.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Yup, I'm going to temper expectations for a guy who hasn't played in a long time. If he gives us 8th man type of production I'll be happy. Anything better than that is bonus. Setting the bar low here with some breakout potential IMO.

I really think he can be good but he probably has a significant amount of rust to shake off. If nothing else his size alone should help us.

Yeah, I've been trying to contain my expectations as well.  He's gonna have some rust to shake off, plus he's a few games behind everybody else in terms of getting ready for conference schedule.  And I'm afraid he might press too hard in the beginning, and get impatient.

But he might progress faster than I think.  I hope so.

2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Yeah, I've been trying to contain my expectations as well.  He's gonna have some rust to shake off, plus he's a few games behind everybody else in terms of getting ready for conference schedule.  And I'm afraid he might press too hard in the beginning, and get impatient.

But he might progress faster than I think.  I hope so.

Yup. Hopefully he just slides right into the flow of the O but I know finding the on court chemistry is going to take some time 

It'll take time to shake off the rust, but there's no question he's one of the five most talented guys on the team. He did look pudgy in the exhibition game though. Looked at least 10 pounds heavy, but he'll get there. I don't expect him to start right away, but I'll be surprised if he's not starting by the end of the year. Doughty is a Swiss Army knife and should be used to fill various roles off the bench as the game calls for it. That would be the best use of his talent.

On 11/30/2018 at 2:17 PM, mcgufcm said:

It'll take time to shake off the rust, but there's no question he's one of the five most talented guys on the team. He did look pudgy in the exhibition game though. Looked at least 10 pounds heavy, but he'll get there. I don't expect him to start right away, but I'll be surprised if he's not starting by the end of the year. Doughty is a Swiss Army knife and should be used to fill various roles off the bench as the game calls for it. That would be the best use of his talent.

He lost 30-40 pounds as of last week 

sooooooo ... only 1 more purifoy-less game!  I hope he gets up to speed fast fast fast.  I'm gonna be bummed about dunbar losing minutes, but CBP seems to really like doughty over dunbar.  maybe doughty will get more at the 2 and 1 and let it be a purifoy/dunbar rotation at the 3.  somebody is about to start losing some real minutes.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

sooooooo ... only 1 more purifoy-less game!  I hope he gets up to speed fast fast fast.  I'm gonna be bummed about dunbar losing minutes, but CBP seems to really like doughty over dunbar.  maybe doughty will get more at the 2 and 1 and let it be a purifoy/dunbar rotation at the 3.  somebody is about to start losing some real minutes.

I don't think you can keep Dunbar off the court right now. He's perfect in his off-the-bench role. He's playing well enough to be a starter to be honest, but his punch off the bench is good for us IMO to keep our 2nd unit strong and still dangerous. I think his minutes stay the same.

My guess is that Samir loses his minutes at the 3 while they're gobbled up mostly by Jelly and Dunbar. I think McCormick's minutes take a slight hit as Samir slides into the main backup 1, and when he fills in for Bryce at the 2 is when J'Von comes in at the 1.

• Like 3

I need to see Purifoy play 3 or 4 games before I start predicting who will play and how many minutes each will play. I remember hearing how good Danjel was 1st year when he was red-shirting then next year he started and the hype seemed to be true then he got hurt and never seemed the same again. Especially with driving to the bucket with authority.

Again I have heard so many good things about him from other players on the team that I am getting excited but my rational head says wait and see it against real competition.  I am hoping the chemistry stays strong and that he has bought into Tough D and solid boards we are seeing every night.

• Like 1