Congrats to Bryce Brown

ShocksMyBrain

I love the shooter when he’s on. I think  his intensity on defense gets overlooked too. He did some good penetrating last year ( I think due to his shooting) but doesn’t change directions. I would not set up plays for him to drive for the game deciding play like we did at the end of the Xavier game. Can’t dispute the numbers. He’s been solid. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Bryce whatever we think of you you have done some great things at AU and you were a part of the beginning when we were a horrible team.  Your dedication and leadership is part of the reason why we are where we are and I’m happy for you to be the leader in all time 3pt FG made.

He's sixth in 3 point attempts in the nation. I could argue that he has more of a green light to take shots than Steph curry did at Davidson.

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's sixth in 3 point attempts in the nation. I could argue that he has more of a green light to take shots than Steph curry did at Davidson.

So much hate for our leading scorer and best perimeter defender. Just amazing how you’re gonna die on this hill

22 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

So much hate for our leading scorer and best perimeter defender. Just amazing how you’re gonna die on this hill

I don't know what that means but nah I don't let anyone speak death over me. I suggest you go sit your dumb ass down before you bite more than you can chew

On 11/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, cole256 said:

I dunno I wouldn't go that far regarding Steph/Davidson. Steph had a bit more freedom due to the talent level of the teammates IMO

And everyone has the green light on our team if Horace is throwing up 1-2 3s a game LOL

Don't let some troll fanboyism of Bryce make you dig deeper into Bryce's deficiencies (I hold my breath every time he puts the ball on the floor, even if he's just standing in place dribbling). Let's just appreciate Bryce for what he means to this team, a long range bomber who when he gets rolling can be a major catalyst for our team in going on one of our patented knock-out blow runs and our staff views him as one of our best defenders.

Bryce used to make me so mad with all his sulking but he's matured big time since coming in as an unheralded freshman to a trash program who was just looking to dig itself out of hoops hell and will walk away from AU with the most 3s ever made. That's damn solid from a 2 star guy IMO

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I dunno I wouldn't go that far regarding Steph/Davidson. Steph had a bit more freedom due to the talent level of the teammates IMO

And everyone has the green light on our team if Horace is throwing up 1-2 3s a game LOL

Don't let some troll fanboyism of Bryce make you dig deeper into Bryce's deficiencies (I hold my breath every time he puts the ball on the floor, even if he's just standing in place dribbling). Let's just appreciate Bryce for what he means to this team, a long range bomber who when he gets rolling can be a major catalyst for our team in going on one of our patented knock-out blow runs and our staff views him as one of our best defenders.

Bryce used to make me so mad with all his sulking but he's matured big time since coming in as an unheralded freshman to a trash program who was just looking to dig itself out of hoops hell and will walk away from AU with the most 3s ever made. That's damn solid from a 2 star guy IMO

I watched Davidson play Chattanooga. I absolutely feel that way. Maybe more people fed Steph but he was a legit PG so you get the ball to your PG when things aren't going right. 

I mean that's not a dig, it is what it is. He has shot more than anybody that's played for Auburn and he's made more. That's just facts, nobody should get mad at that. Right now this year he has 3 more three pointers than Harper and he's shot 16 more shots. 

Dude can troll all he wants he's said like two correct things in all of his posts so it's not like what he says hold any weight. When he plays well I'll say he played well. If he doesn't I'll say that too. You're right, so far everybody is trying to shoot three's, so as far as the team I'm wanting somebody to balance our team. 

I would also like to see some leadership out of ANYBODY off the team and someone sacrifice for the team. Chumma needs to man up and be more aggressive and some guys on our team needs to shoot less. But it's early we'll see. I just want us to not waste this year and go as far as we can. I know we aren't used to success but 3 point teams are beat early when tournament time roll around. I don't want that for us

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I watched Davidson play Chattanooga. I absolutely feel that way. Maybe more people fed Steph but he was a legit PG so you get the ball to your PG when things aren't going right. 

I mean that's not a dig, it is what it is. He has shot more than anybody that's played for Auburn and he's made more. That's just facts, nobody should get mad at that. Right now this year he has 3 more three pointers than Harper and he's shot 16 more shots. 

Dude can troll all he wants he's said like two correct things in all of his posts so it's not like what he says hold any weight. When he plays well I'll say he played well. If he doesn't I'll say that too. You're right, so far everybody is trying to shoot three's, so as far as the team I'm wanting somebody to balance our team. 

I would also like to see some leadership out of ANYBODY off the team and someone sacrifice for the team. Chumma needs to man up and be more aggressive and some guys on our team needs to shoot less. But it's early we'll see. I just want us to not waste this year and go as far as we can. I know we aren't used to success but 3 point teams are beat early when tournament time roll around. I don't want that for us

I watched several Davidson games as I played against Steph in HS 3 times so I followed him at Davidson (let me say his presence on the floor in HS games was NOTHING close to what he's doing in the NBA lol)...and a lot of time has passed since then and I'll admit my memory isn't the best and maybe it's recency bias but I feel like the only person I've seen with a comparable green light to Steph in college was Jimmer. I also recall Steph playing off the ball until his last season. I think Davidson's PG led the nation in assists during Steph's breakout season.

I don't know what it's going to take for Chuma to get more aggressive. He showed out to start the season but did not take the next step in Maui like I was hoping. I don't think we're going to shoot less unfortunately I think we will always be a 3 point shooting team under Bruce. However, this season we will have a true threat in Wiley down low. I hope when Wiley starts finding his groove (I think he's starting to) we start playing through him and he starts kicking it out so our shooters aren't forcing shots and rather shooting in rhythm and open Js. You're right, a jump shooting team is prime to be upset early in March. I am very hopeful Wiley is able to give us more balance and our guys GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL WHEN HE HAS POSITION

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I watched several Davidson games as I played against Steph in HS 3 times so I followed him at Davidson (let me say his presence on the floor in HS games was NOTHING close to what he's doing in the NBA lol)...and a lot of time has passed since then and I'll admit my memory isn't the best and maybe it's recency bias but I feel like the only person I've seen with a comparable green light to Steph in college was Jimmer. I also recall Steph playing off the ball until his last season. I think Davidson's PG led the nation in assists during Steph's breakout season.

I don't know what it's going to take for Chuma to get more aggressive. He showed out to start the season but did not take the next step in Maui like I was hoping. I don't think we're going to shoot less unfortunately I think we will always be a 3 point shooting team under Bruce. However, this season we will have a true threat in Wiley down low. I hope when Wiley starts finding his groove (I think he's starting to) we start playing through him and he starts kicking it out so our shooters aren't forcing shots and rather shooting in rhythm and open Js. You're right, a jump shooting team is prime to be upset early in March. I am very hopeful Wiley is able to give us more balance and our guys GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL WHEN HE HAS POSITION

Yes he played off ball, just as far as having a green light Brown has tried some of those super deep shots, when he's not hitting he's allowed to keep shooting out of it, I didn't see him get pulled. And like I said right now he's sixth in the country in attempts. We have more scoring options but it seems he can shoot whenever he wants. 

And yeah we are going to shoot. No changing that, and we shouldn't but we have to be able to know how to score when they aren't falling is what I'm saying I guess. Jimmer and Steph had a handle where they could create nice shots. Brown doesn't so when the defense over extends to take his shot away there has to be a counter

Just now, cole256 said:

Yes he played off ball, just as far as having a green light Brown has tried some of those super deep shots, when he's not hitting he's allowed to keep shooting out of it, I didn't see him get pulled. And like I said right now he's sixth in the country in attempts. We have more scoring options but it seems he can shoot whenever he wants. 

And yeah we are going to shoot. No changing that, and we shouldn't but we have to be able to know how to score when they aren't falling is what I'm saying I guess. Jimmer and Steph had a handle where they could create nice shots. Brown doesn't so when the defense over extends to take his shot away there has to be a counter

Yeah the cold shooting streaks are particularly rough. Especially when it's dribble-dribble-pull it with a hand in your face. I wish we would run more sets to get our shooters coming off of stagger screens when things get bogged down for us offensively. I will agree that he is shooting a ton and allowed to shoot out of his slump and I think that's Bruce just giving his senior the long leash. Not my intention to compare Jimmer/Steph to Bryce.

I guess you take the good with the bad when it comes to our frenetic style. I hate dumb basketball and contested looks are dumb basketball but it's also part of what makes us dangerous as Bruce said. I want our guys to understand if Wiley gets going and we keep feeding him those low percentage 3s will feel like warm up jumpers in comparison when he kicks it out.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Yeah the cold shooting streaks are particularly rough. Especially when it's dribble-dribble-pull it with a hand in your face. I wish we would run more sets to get our shooters coming off of stagger screens when things get bogged down for us offensively. I will agree that he is shooting a ton and allowed to shoot out of his slump and I think that's Bruce just giving his senior the long leash. Not my intention to compare Jimmer/Steph to Bryce.

I guess you take the good with the bad when it comes to our frenetic style. I hate dumb basketball and contested looks are dumb basketball but it's also part of what makes us dangerous as Bruce said. I want our guys to understand if Wiley gets going and we keep feeding him those low percentage 3s will feel like warm up jumpers in comparison when he kicks it out.

Agreed. And like I said this is a good team, I really really don't want to have an early round exit. Last year we were off and we didn't know what to do. This year in this tournament I saw some of that. Don't want to see it at the end of the year, because say whatever you want Brown isn't going to be able to play that style tournament time. You know how it changes then, like NBA playoff ball, they going to be up in you, little space, and you better be able to handle the ball and get open or you're a liability. I would like to see him get ready for that.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Agreed. And like I said this is a good team, I really really don't want to have an early round exit. Last year we were off and we didn't know what to do. This year in this tournament I saw some of that. Don't want to see it at the end of the year, because say whatever you want Brown isn't going to be able to play that style tournament time. You know how it changes then, like NBA playoff ball, they going to be up in you, little space, and you better be able to handle the ball and get open or you're a liability. I would like to see him get ready for that.

You're right. That's why is sooo important to make sure our O runs smoothly with Wiley out there with our full roster by January/February. Teams want to force us to play in the half court and we actually have a guy who can really make teams pay for forcing us to slow things down. Very exciting potential for this team. I hope we are used to running some stuff off of Wiley before the time comes where we are in important games and trying to figure it out as we go. If we are hot we can beat anyone in the nation but the idea of having the inside counter is sooo lovely.

Best thing about all of this is that even when our O is struggling our defense is good enough, and our front court is deep enough to survive foul trouble, that we can stay in games even with a subpar offensive performance. I cannot imagine a Clemson type game with this team. As you said, we had no answer for anything in that game. Our 3s weren't falling so we were donezo. We didn't shoot well at all vs Duke or Xavier but our D kept it within striking distance/held Xavier at bay. I liked seeing that. Last year our doors would've gotten blown off with that same type of shooting IMO.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:41 PM, alexava said:

I love the shooter when he’s on. I think  his intensity on defense gets overlooked too. He did some good penetrating last year ( I think due to his shooting) but doesn’t change directions. I would not set up plays for him to drive for the game deciding play like we did at the end of the Xavier game. Can’t dispute the numbers. He’s been solid. 

Looked like he was supposed to swing the ball to Okeke in that play. 

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Gang, tonight Bryce Brown breaks the all time AU three point record AGAIN

you're just looking for a fight, ain't you?....just leave him alone and don't get him started

The sky literally is the limit for him and this team!

of minor note, but during the kentucky/unc greensboro game this weekend, Jimmy Dykes lauded Bryce Brown for being the best on ball defender in the conference. Nice to see our players getting national praise and recognition during a game that they're not even playing in.

8 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

of minor note, but during the kentucky/unc greensboro game this weekend, Jimmy Dykes lauded Bryce Brown for being the best on ball defender in the conference. Nice to see our players getting national praise and recognition during a game that they're not even playing in.

like you, i love to watch BB play....i just don't like to see him dribble....please, in the next love letter you send him, tell him to pass the ball to jarrod and to PLEASE DON'T DRIBBLE....let wiley bring it up court if we have to, just don't dribble it

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

like you, i love to watch BB play....i just don't like to see him dribble....please, in the next love letter you send him, tell him to pass the ball to jarrod and to PLEASE DON'T DRIBBLE....let wiley bring it up court if we have to, just don't dribble it

I think he’s been a lot better this year already when he attacks the basket. I wouldn’t trust him at the PG position but he’s been good getting by guys and creating shots off his dribble this year

Archived