Playing with the big boys

doverstutts

As an old man, i didn't try to stay up and watch in real time so i avoided all media and went straight to watch espn replay this morning with my coffee....unfortunately, i could not do as i always do and put rod/sonny/joe on live audio and i had to listen to those two assclowns, so-called announcers and the silliness that went with them so it was not as enjoyable as it usually is, but it was still pretty damn good as it was....

overall, except for a few lapses in perimeter defense, i thought it was our best game of the year, having more of an inside presence and much better ball movement that we had against duke.....we lost to duke by 6, in a game we COULD have won....duke lost to gonzaga by 2 in one hell of a basketball game....i watched kansas last night, and they are a very good team that we would match up well with....boys and girls, we are there!....we have warts and farts to clean up and are far from being as good as we can be later on...we need our bench to produce quality minutes: SIDENOTE: i thought they did much better last night...mccormick played much better and dunbar was just great, as was horace...horace is my favorite player....no lack of effort with him

if there is any doubt that we can play with anybody, it was erased and if purifoy can come in and fit at the 3 without having to shed so much rust that it costs us a game or two, we may end up being a 2 seed for the big dance....even though i think we beat kansas, ithink its them,UNC,gonzaga and duke....you might can swap michigan for UNC, but time will tell about that....yep, this bunch ain't bad

It doesn't mean anything in the end but there is a reason every statistical model predicts AU to win the SEC. Because we are damn good & have good room for improvement.

9 minutes ago, PTOTiger said:

I’ve never seen this thpe of depth and talent on an AU team. Wasn’t it just a few years ago we only had about 7 players? Pearl is doing amazing things at AU. 

lost a couple pretty good players from last season and never broke stride....Dunbar had a very nice game too.  Some of the guys are not consistent but  BP has good alternatives and generally is not forced to stay with one of the guys who is having a bad night. 

Can’t believe it about myself, but I’m spending more time on these basketball forums than the football ones. I find myself just wanting this upcoming weekend to be over.  That’s no dig on the football team, just the way I handle it....stick my head in the sand and don’t read anything! Glad we have basketball to look forward to.

32 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Can’t believe it about myself, but I’m spending more time on these basketball forums than the football ones. I find myself just wanting this upcoming weekend to be over.  That’s no dig on the football team, just the way I handle it....stick my head in the sand and don’t read anything! Glad we have basketball to look forward to.

LOL, I stopped going to the football forum....it is what it is and basketball has become so much more fun mainly because we have an offense on our basketball team

14 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Then as basketball is wrapping up, our baseball team will hit the diamond.  Such potential!

The next 6 months are going to be AUsome.

Archived