GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Alabama

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I know the defense is gassed but come on guys... don't defend the D when they allow 52 points

Not defending, but it’s rich to blame the ice a passenger spilled in third class for the sinking of the Titanic

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Pretty much. It's like they see 52 points and forget how many times the offense has $#** themselves today

The defense made a lot of careless penalties....face masks, pass interference calls, and straight beat in man coverage. Still I think both sides played hard, it was 17-14 @ half then the wheels came off...

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Bama has ruined the game with this crap. No team should be beating teams like this. The NCAA has allowed this monster to be created in the name of money. 

I have said that for a while. The nickster, in combination with Emmert and the REC, destroyed the SEC first, and now the destruction has encompassed all of college football. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Solid, exactly, but the “offensive genius” should be able to have a capable offense. A top 40 offense and this would’ve been for and sec champ birth, but nooooooo

We thought he was Lincoln Riley. It turned out He was Derek Dooley lol

1 minute ago, PTOTiger said:

New to this board but...it could get ugly on here tonight couldn’t it?

Ugly is probably an understatement.

The only way to fix a game like this is to restart from scratch. There is no coming back from this for Gus. If Auburn has any laws that dictate a coaches future, one of them is you can't get embarrassed by Alabama. Gus has done it multiple times. Enough is enough. Eat the money and LEARN from the mistake!

5 minutes ago, PTOTiger said:

New to this board but...it could get ugly on here tonight couldn’t it?

Possibly, but most have accepted the reality of AU's current situation. After enough of these games, you just shake your head.

17 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

So do I but my hate for thUGA is out of this world. Lol

Me too.  Growing up not that far from Athens, they're always my no. 1 hated team, program, fans...

8 minutes ago, cammycam2 said:

I played. And no coach i ever played for would have allowed us to lay down and just give up. Down by 27 in the forth? Then man the hell up and give them all they can handle until the end. You NEVER phone it in in the 4th just because you THINK the lead is impossible. The game isnt over until it is OVER

Winners never quit.... unless it´s cable, you can quit that! 😉

Seriously, I think we gave up some time in the 3rd qtr. Maybe even right before the half when our coaches showed no confidence in our offense and chose to run the clock out with two minutes left. Who the ´eff does that?

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Well the score was 17-14 @ the half. D comes out and gives a TD up out the gate.

2 TDs...back to back

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Solid, exactly, but the “offensive genius” should be able to have a capable offense. A top 40 offense and this would’ve been for and sec champ birth, but nooooooo

To your point name one successful HC that CONSISTENTLY has or had problems on his side of the ball ? There is not one. 

Archived