POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

Just now, PigskinPat said:

In other news...Vandy is hammering the Vols 31-13 with 4 min to go in the game.

JUST MEANS Wayna is more locked in with them............... O is that saltiness you are detecting with me?!?! YOU GOT DANG RIGHT!!! lol. The more they lose the more loyal he seems to be. And OP goes the opposite direction when AU loses....... SMH

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the second half Gus lost the team. The Defense gave up. Why Stidham stayed in till next to last drive and then when we finally bring the backup in we don't let him throw.  That is a way not to prepare your backup if he ever has to play.

As I’ve said before typical Gus. Play not to lose bad instead of to win. Told my daughter at halftime, Nick would make changes and Gus wouldn’t counter and uat would run away with it after halftime. Please fire Leath and Gus now.

I hope our big money supporters learned something from tonight’s game.  Even when we were in it, we weren’t.  Refs were enlisted lock, stock, and barrel.  We not only need coaching, but we need someone willing to dedicate the funds to collapse ua.  There are boosters for other programs that are tired of seeing the same crap.  Time to make some alliances and burn them down.

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

In the second half Gus lost the team. The Defense gave up. Why Stidham stayed in till next to last drive and then when we finally bring the backup in we don't let him throw.  That is a way not to prepare your backup if he ever has to play.

Probably that mentality at the end of the 1st half to just take it being down

It would take a starting teacher in Florida, if they never received a raise, right at 1,400 years to make what we will have paid Gus on this new contract.

Believe it or not I thought the officiating was pretty good.  Better than any other game for us this year.  A few missed calls for both teams but that is expected with any game.

Our defense is a darn good defense, unlike what many were saying.  They were just on the field A LOT.

Stidham came to play, but our receivers did not help him with all of their dropped passes.

Offensive line did fairly decent today as did our rushing compared to our other games.

What will make me feel better now if if Alabama does the same thing or worse to UGA.  I still do not think UGA is all that good, much less a playoff team.

War Eagle always.  

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Gus sat on the ball and we got drilled in the second half. Ridiculous. 

Of all the negative things about getting embarrassed in front of a national TV audience, I think running the clock out while trailing before the half was the most embarrassing. The coaches showed no confidence in the players when they did that.

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

"I thought our guys played hard. We are going to build from this and get better for the bowl game and next season. I know great things are on the horizon. War Durn!" - Gus 

You forgot: The future is bright!

Personal opinion here.  This did not seem to be that awful of a game for Gus.  Their athletes were just better.

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Gus sat on the ball and we got drilled in the second half. Ridiculous. 

when our coaches showed no confidence in our offense, beginning of the end.

everyone is on reds thread.......need to add this one somehow.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

JUST MEANS Wayna is more locked in with them............... O is that saltiness you are detecting with me?!?! YOU GOT DANG RIGHT!!! lol. The more they lose the more loyal he seems to be. And OP goes the opposite direction when AU loses....... SMH

Them having a first year head coach helps.

4 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Gus Malzahn might be the easiest coach in the country to make halftime adjustments asgainst. Auburn's 2nd half offense has been nothing short of a trainwreck the last two seasons.

On his best day, he can be coached against

1 minute ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Personal opinion here.  This did not seem to be that awful of a game for Gus.  Their athletes were just better.

He recruited the players. That’s on Gus if he is recruiting players who can’t even be close to hanging with Alabama. 

Archived