POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I wonder how the refs missed this one? 🙄

Regardless of the problems we have with our team  the officiating was awful. Didn’t see this one until now . The targeting on Stidham should never have been overturned. The rest of the SEC need to get together and insist on changes starting with the head of officials being a bammer. Bama was playing very dirty today and mostly got away with it. How did they not have a single hold?The bama bias is totally out of hand!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Actually not he gets paid till then. For those that have a hard time with this maybe I can help. Gus gets 75% of whatever remains of his contract from the time he is fired. For every day he stays he get 100% of his contract. So to put it simply, every day he is here we lose 25% of what we pay him. The sooner we fire him the more money we save because we are going to fire him sometime and there is absolutely 0% that he will improve.

Were you the one that had heard some whispers earlier in the week of several staff members’ jobs being in jeopardy? If so, what are you hearing?

21 minutes ago, CR said:

Unless something's changed, if a season ticketholder doesn't purchase tickets each year, they lose their seating priority and have to start over. That may be the only way to salvage ticket sales for AU. Hard to just give them up after you've invested years and money to build up good seats.
I don't argue your point though, this is one deflated fanbase.

they wont much if any

2 minutes ago, wde21 said:

Regardless of the problems we have with our team  the officiating was awful. Didn’t see this one until now . The targeting on Stidham should never have been overturned. The rest of the SEC need to get together and insist on changes starting with the head of officials being a bammer. Bama was playing very dirty today and mostly got away with it. How did they not have a single hold?The bama bias is totally out of hand!

Steve Shaw’s response: 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Pay now or keep paying and losing a fortune over the next 20 years while Auburn sinks into obscurity like Nebraska.

which has to be asked how do all teams that usually are very good go through cycles of bad seasons except one?

uat has destroyed college football with its cheating, buying the media, infiltrate the ncaa and rival programs.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Were you the one that had heard some whispers earlier in the week of several staff members’ jobs being in jeopardy? If so, what are you hearing?

It is still my belief that they will fire Gus based on what the board wants. Gus will try to negotiate by offering Chips and Steele’s head up for ransom. The board knows Gus is the problem. I like AG and think he would be god to keep but if he chooses to support Gushe will probably be ending his future.

4 minutes ago, wde21 said:

the refs didn't miss it they just chose not to call it.

To the point of the season tickets. We continually renewed ours from 2008-2016. During the 2015-16 season they put us in the damn upper decks. We wrote them, called, emailed, etc. to no avail and were essentially told we needed to donate more money on top of renewing. Prices kept soaring and we've all but been priced out. I'll be damned if I buy season tickets to be in the upper deck. Not to mention, I hate to see the prices rise as the quality of the product I'm paying for declines.

Promise we won't touch season tickets until Gus is gone and maybe not even after if they continue to out price the fanbase. 

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

the refs didn't miss it they just chose not to call it.

Look the SEC is a business . If you thought for a moment that they were going to jeopardize their meal tickets then you aren’t paying attention. Last year we came in with a Chance just like uat so the calling was not in their favor due to the fact either winner had a chance. Moral to the story if we start winning the crap games like UT that Gus throws away the refs won’t be calling against us as much. And by the way the refs did call some our way if bother to go back and look with an open mind.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

To the point of the season tickets. We continually renewed ours from 2008-2016. During the 2015-16 season they put us in the damn upper decks. We wrote them, called, emailed, etc. to no avail and were essentially told we needed to donate more money on top of renewing. Prices kept soaring and we've all but been priced out. I'll be damned if I buy season tickets to be in the upper deck. Not to mention, I hate to see the prices rise as the quality of the product I'm paying for declines.

Promise we won't touch season tickets until Gus is gone and maybe not even after if they continue to out price the fanbase. 

I haven't been to a game since the butt fumble debacle. Granted, that's mainly because I've been busy and/or in the wrong location since.

Just now, TigerOne said:

which has to be asked how do all teams that usually are very good go through cycles of bad seasons except one?

uat has destroyed college football with its cheating, buying the media, infiltrate the ncaa and rival programs.

This what I hope happens over the next 2-3 years.....

bammer's recruiting is national, so there are a lot of palms being greased. Somebody will either get pissed and betray ol'nickster or other coaches outside of the SEC will get sick of the violations and will start raising hell. For 60 years Auburn has been fighting bammer all by itself with the exception of Phillip Fulmer and the very misguided Hugh Freeze. Maybe because the poison is spreading some coach outside the SEC will pick up the fight. 

58 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This should be the order of the next few days at AU.

1. Fire Leath . He is nothing but an worthless egotistical piece of crap.

2. Tell Greene to fire Gus. If he can’t then fire Greene and hire JJ back because he would love to fire Gus. Raines and Harbet need to cover the payout because without them their was no way Leath did the contract. That said I would tell the Lawyers to fight Gus’s buyout with every source and delay maneuver possible. Gus deserves it for all the crap he put AU through.

3. Start a new HC search and put Bruce In charge of it. Tell him to find someone who believes like him. Don’t worry about his past record. If he has AU’s resources and Bruce’s drive and enthusiasm, he will be successful, I guarantee it.

4. Let Garner coach the Bowl Game can’t be any worse than Gus in bowl games.

None of those things are going to happen. No way in hell a University President gets fired 2 years into his career over a coaching  contract. And if we were to enlist our basketball coach to find a new football coach in the middle of basketball season, we don't deserve to have an athletic program. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

None of those things are going to happen No way in hell a University gets fired 2 years into his career over a coaching  contract. And we were to enlist our basketball coach to find a new football coach in the middle of basketball season, we don't deserve to have an athletic program. 

It’s been said that the education portion of the university isn’t too happy either. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

None of those things are going to happen No way in hell a University gets fired 2 years into his career over a coaching  contract. And we were to enlist our basketball coach to find a new football coach in the middle of basketball season, we don't deserve to have an athletic program. 

Thanks...good to see a bit of logic and common sense on the subject...but maybe when they sober up a few folks will realize what they sound like...:slapfh:

2 hours ago, TigerOne said:

The same thing is about to happen in Athens, ga. UGA is about to get similar treatment. Journalism schools help.  The media loves Athens, that dog, proximity to atl.  Players love to be close to the ATL. It really is a pretty cool place. 

1 hour ago, tigerrules said:

The same thing is about to happen in Athens, ga. UGA is about to get similar treatment. Journalism schools help.  The media loves Athens, that dog, proximity to atl.  Players love to be close to the ATL. It really is a pretty cool place. 

I have been thinking the same thing for two seasons.

14 hours ago, tigerrules said:

UGA is working on infiltrating the NCAA huh? Is that because Kirby also has copies of the pix of Emmert dressed in drag?

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I NEED to see a Gus HAS TO GO in a post of yours before the season is over. PLEASE!!!! I just cannot fathom how after 6 years anyone is still on the bus. IT IS THE BUS RIDE FROM HELL!!!!!!! lol. PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAAAASE BIG MONEY MEN GET US OFF THIS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha 

bus.gif

holy sh!t that's a good one!

22 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

If we get Hugh Freeze, and Stidham goes pro, we may be pretty good next year. O Line been improving, running backs improving,  defense getting, ummm, experience. 

Our Front 7 will be decimated. 6-6 next season.

Archived