POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Probably that mentality at the end of the 1st half to just take it being down

I actually had no problem with the end of first half as the way Stidham was playing I thought a mistake would let the game get away from us. It didn't matter as the Defense got burned between receivers being open and Ref's not calling HOLDING ON THE BAMA O-LINE

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Believe it or not I thought the officiating was pretty good.  Better than any other game for us this year.  A few missed calls for both teams but that is expected with any game.

Our defense is a darn good defense, unlike what many were saying.  They were just on the field A LOT.

Stidham came to play, but our receivers did not help him with all of their dropped passes.

Offensive line did fairly decent today as did our rushing compared to our other games.

What will make me feel better now if if Alabama does the same thing or worse to UGA.  I still do not think UGA is all that good, much less a playoff team.

War Eagle always.  

Parts of our defense is good. We need some pass rushers and a couple of corners.

How many times was a Bama receiver wide open? We also never know where the ball is.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Believe it or not I thought the officiating was pretty good.  Better than any other game for us this year.  A few missed calls for both teams but that is expected with any game.

Our defense is a darn good defense, unlike what many were saying.  They were just on the field A LOT.

Stidham came to play, but our receivers did not help him with all of their dropped passes.

Offensive line did fairly decent today as did our rushing compared to our other games.

What will make me feel better now if if Alabama does the same thing or worse to UGA.  I still do not think UGA is all that good, much less a playoff team.

War Eagle always.  

I NEED to see a Gus HAS TO GO in a post of yours before the season is over. PLEASE!!!! I just cannot fathom how after 6 years anyone is still on the bus. IT IS THE BUS RIDE FROM HELL!!!!!!! lol. PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAAAASE BIG MONEY MEN GET US OFF THIS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha 

bus.gif

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I actually had no problem with the end of first half as the way Stidham was playing I thought a mistake would let the game get away from us. It didn't matter as the Defense got burned between receivers being open and Ref's not calling HOLDING ON THE BAMA O-LINE

Personally I’m fine with running the clock and running a deep ball or a screen to shivers, had we been getting the ball the 2nd half I wouldn’t have had much of an issue, but this is the highest scoring offense in the country, pretty much, try something

One good thing about expecting to be beat by 50, when you are only beat by 30 it doesn't hurt as bad. 

Its pathetic to feel that way...I KNOW... But it is the reality of being an Auburn football fan at this time.

This team CAN’T make adjustments. 

What are they going to adjust into?

They can only do a handful of things on offense. The same things they’ve done forever. There is no other options with this head coach. They only know how to do certain things. That’s the entire argument for making a change. 

6 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Careful there...…..you will get ripped by the part of our fan base that is OK with 7 & 8 win seasons. 

They still think Lebo and Barbee are hall of Fame coaches too

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Them having a first year head coach helps.

Also pruitt is just a lot better recruiter than gus so it makes it easier to keep him locked in as well.

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

at least I got dronk.

Obviously

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

War Eagle always.  

They were on the field 24 minutes... we had the ball on offense 36

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Glad the year is over

Its not if we draw W Va in a bowl game they will score 60 on us. We might manage 24.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Personal opinion here.  This did not seem to be that awful of a game for Gus.  Their athletes were just better.

JMO, but That in itself should be an indictment on Gus. Given they are UAT and do/will often have better overall talent, the talent discrepancy performance-wise was disheartening and would seem to only be widening. I find that very telling as this senior class was recruited right on the heels of AUs second natty appearance in 4 years, so Auburn was in the drivers seat to get quality caliber players.

1 minute ago, mikeymac said:

He recruited the players. That’s on Gus if he is recruiting players who can’t even be close to hanging with Alabama. 

We have probably reached our potential on recruiting top 10 classes. bammer just gets who they want and can develop players. The bear always got the best till the scholarship limitations. His closing records indicated it. This isn't changing till they get caught cheating. There are only 5 starters on bammers team from Alabama. They recruit nationally. The media has helped make them what they are.

Just now, jAUSon said:

Wasn't talking to you.

Specifically.

Irrelevant. Specifically.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Also pruitt is just a lot better recruiter than gus so it makes it easier to keep him locked in as well.

Plus UT is looking to flip OP, tough times man

2 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

I made it through the iron bowl without alcohol. I think that deserves a medal. Whoooo!!! Basketball season baby! Bruce is a REAL coach.

Well just take another look at the final score and grab you a bottle of something strong!

Archived