POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sevenlee36 said:

To be fair guys it was a rebuilding year on offense BUT we should have recruited better and not been in such a bad position.

OL recruiting since Gus has been here has been horrid in terms of talent and numbers 

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

We have probably reached our potential on recruiting top 10 classes. bammer just gets who they want and can develop players. The bear always got the best till the scholarship limitations. His closing records indicated it. This isn't changing till they get caught cheating. There are only 5 starters on bammers team from Alabama. They recruit nationally. The media has helped make them what they are.

No, winning and putting kids in the NFL has helped make them who they are.  Kids want to play for the best.  It says a ton when Hurts stays at a program willingly to be a back-up rather than transfer and start somewhere else because the coaching at Bama is that much better.

I hate Alabama and always will. Worst fans in the history of the world. Family or no. Worst. No humility. They don’t know the meaning of the word. I want them to lose everything. Always. I’m just glad I’ll Godwilling live long enough to see saban retire or leave. WDE forever. Auburn men played hard. Had one hand tied behind there backs all season due to the suck butt coaches. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Plus UT is looking to flip OP, tough times man

AND WE ALL thought we would be in the position rocky top is. We thought we would be the ones CLOSE to flipping Wayna.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Our defense is a darn good defense, unlike what many were saying.  They were just on the field A LOT.

Not sure I was watching the same game as you.   Very poor tackling, containment, pressure and pass coverage.   I have said this from watching this season, but AU is just an average team.   Poor coaching along with poor player play = 7-5

3 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So honestly, how’d we do? I only saw a series or two late in the first half, and our guys seemed to be fighting hard. Was it as bad as the score indicates?

Yes

The real story is we are 3-5 in the SEC. We will taught a 7-5 record but we are nowhere competing in this league. Many years ago I fried my financial advisor because I can lose money myself instead of paying someone to lose it for me. Kinda like what we have at AU. Do we need a $40 million coach to go 3-5 or 4-4 routinely in this league? We have literally lost our senses.

Before anyone starts making all the same excuses for Malzahn or Auburn football, just study Auburn basketball history and look at the current basketball situation. Enough said

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

It says a ton when Hurts stays at a program willingly to be a back-up rather than transfer and start somewhere else because the coaching at Bama is that much better.

It does say a ton$$$. We agree. ;D

Bama should get the death penalty. They've bought the best recruiting classes time and time again. Then they get every break an official can possibly give them. It should raise a red flag that they've only been tied or trailed teams for 70 seconds combined all year. Never in NCAA history has there been a more corrupt juggernaut of infractions as the Turds. We all just shrug and accept it though.

They play dirty, their fans are idiotic, their players are dirty, and they're the worst thing that's ever happened to college football over the last decade. Karma doesn't exist in football otherwise the Turds would never have sniffed this level of success. They do almost everything the wrong way. Seriously they're worse than any cheesy movie villain you've ever seen. 

I am weary of college football. Same old teams in the playoffs. $aban allowed to cheat in recruting with no consequences. AU stuck with Gustovo due to our new president's dumb inflated contract that he gave him. Bring on basketball!

image.png

7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So honestly, how’d we do? I only saw a series or two late in the first half, and our guys seemed to be fighting hard. Was it as bad as the score indicates?

Wasn't that close.

We have a bad offensive line, average running backs and a QB who probably doesn't care very much anymore. Our defense is vulnerable in the secondary. The rest was predictable. We showed good fight at times, but the end was just about inevitable. 

I don't know why Hugh Freeze is being looked at as some savior. He wasn't a world beater at Ole Miss by any stretch of the imagination and I think at this point it's pretty clear trying to win in the SEC with a bunch of screen passes isn't the best direction to take. We're going to be really bad next season. 

It should be written in all Auburn coaches' contracts that allowing 52 points in the Iron Bowl is a fireable offense that voids all buyouts.

Just now, Zeek said:

It should be written in all Auburn coaches' contracts that allowing 52 points in the Iron Bowl is a fireable offense that voids all buyouts.

Guess who is the only coach to give up 50 points twice to Bama?!?!?! I will give you a hint. He is not eating at waffle house tonight!

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Bama should get the death penalty. They've bought the best recruiting classes time and time again. Then they get every break an official can possibly give them. It should raise a red flag that they've only been tied or trailed teams for 70 seconds combined all year. Never in NCAA history has there been a more corrupt juggernaut of infractions as the Turds. We all just shrug and accept it though.

They play dirty, their fans are idiotic, their players are dirty, and they're the worst thing that's ever happened to college football over the last decade. Karma doesn't exist in football otherwise the Turds would never have sniffed this level of success. They do almost everything the wrong way. Seriously they're worse than any cheesy movie villain you've ever seen. 

John Gotti would approve, oh wait.............

18 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

9 times out of 10 Alabama blows us away. In 2017, Auburn beat Alabama by 12 (26-14) and AU fans acted like we basted them out if the water. Why the heck can't we ever blow them away. No wait, we have Malzahn who always takes his foot off the gas pedal. Crap.

Afraid that trend started long before Gus but yeah, agree. 

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I NEED to see a Gus HAS TO GO in a post of yours before the season is over. PLEASE!!!! I just cannot fathom how after 6 years anyone is still on the bus. IT IS THE BUS RIDE FROM HELL!!!!!!! lol. PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAAAASE BIG MONEY MEN GET US OFF THIS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha 

bus.gif

It’s not whether I support him or not, it’s more of the fact that we know how our season ended.  It just gets tiring to see the same posts over and over so I don’t want to add to it.

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

We have a bad offensive line, average running backs and a QB who probably doesn't care very much anymore. Our defense is vulnerable in the secondary. The rest was predictable. We showed good fight at times, but the end was just about inevitable. 

I don't know why Hugh Freeze is being looked at as some savior. He wasn't a world beater at Ole Miss by any stretch of the imagination and I think at this point it's pretty clear trying to win in the SEC with a bunch of screen passes isn't the best direction to take. We're going to be really bad next season. 

Not true.  Gus said he's gonna turn this thing around and the future is bright.  And we don't play Tennessee next year. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Guess who is the only coach to give up 50 points twice to Bama?!?!?! I will give you a hint. He is not eating at waffle house tonight!

because we held them to 49, lol

17 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Careful there...…..you will get ripped by the part of our fan base that is OK with 7 & 8 win seasons. 

I wish people would stop saying this ...I don’t think anyone is happy with 7-8 win seasons. If Gus is canned so be it....but his replacement better when 10 a year or else it’s wash, rinse and repeat...Cause 7-8 ain’t gonna cut it.

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Not sure I was watching the same game as you.   Very poor tackling, containment, pressure and pass coverage.   I have said this from watching this season, but AU is just an average team.   Poor coaching along with poor player play = 7-5

Auburn did a fairly good job of tackling in open space, containing Tua in the pocket and keeping everything in front of them.  When everything broke down was when the game was out of hand.  I think our defense deserves more credit than given.  The offense is another story, which has made our defense look worse.  

Archived