POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I wish people would stop saying this ...I don’t think anyone is happy with 7-8 win seasons. If Gus is canned so be it....but his replacement better when 10 a year or else it’s wash, rinse and repeat...Cause 7-8 ain’t gonna cut it.

You’re dang right it’s not, if AU is perfectly content with that every season then we, as a university, have problems

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It should be written in all Auburn coaches' contracts that allowing 52 points in the Iron Bowl is a fireable offense that voids all buyouts.

And its happened twice now....

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I wish people would stop saying this ...I don’t think anyone is happy with 7-8 win seasons. If Gus is canned so be it....but his replacement better when 10 a year or else it’s wash, rinse and repeat...Cause 7-8 ain’t gonna cut it.

As long as the new guy not getting paid $49 million to win 7-8, I’ll be a lot happier 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

@GwillMac6 trying to get Gus off the bus  like 

53FF6235-747A-48DB-BF6B-E7F63C33FEA4.gif

YOU NEVER LIED BRO!!!!!!! lol

11 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

To be fair guys it was a rebuilding year on offense BUT we should have recruited better and not been in such a bad position.

Problem is that in year 6 you should not have to rebuild it should be next man up. 

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

They were on the field 24 minutes... we had the ball on offense 36

Coach you're right we absolutely had the advantage on the clock, the D does have their share of the blame, but I also blame the offense that much more. WDE

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

History says you better get used to it and soon. I don't like anymore than you. Major changes in the program need to be made to change this. Not just a single coach. 

12 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

If we get Hugh Freeze, and Stidham goes pro, we may be pretty good next year. O Line been improving, running backs improving,  defense getting, ummm, experience. 

Lol Stidham is the reason we won the games we won. Anyone else would of produced less results. There are plenty of problems at Auburn but Stidham doesn't deserve a tenth of the criticism he has gotten this year. There is only so much a QB can do with no blocking, no running game, and WRs that drop passes. Stidham didn't magically forget how to play the QB position. But its easy to blame the QB for everything. 

My only question is this bad enough to get Gus fired? 

Just now, Tigercj said:

Problem is that in year 6 you should not have to rebuild it should be next man up. 

Yep, other teams “reload”, we recruit top 10 but “we’re young”, “we’re rebuilding” it’s getting old. The culture is not what it needs to be here

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It’s not whether I support him or not, it’s more of the fact that we know how our season ended.  It just gets tiring to see the same posts over and over so I don’t want to add to it.

YAH BUT never from you. It says a lot if someone who is firmly on the BUS would come out and say you want him gone. I also find it highly entertaining and therapeutic to complain about gus!!!! It makes me feel better!!! and after this season I def need it! lol

Meanwhile, watching Clemson who somehow has changed their culture and is nationally relevant yearly now. And, watching them talk about Justyn Ross as their latest stud WR. SMDH

25 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the second half Gus lost the team. The Defense gave up. Why Stidham stayed in till next to last drive and then when we finally bring the backup in we don't let him throw.  That is a way not to prepare your backup if he ever has to play.

Most arbitrary thing I've ever seen to show up with Willis, down by 87 with one minute to go. 

Just now, fredst said:

Meanwhile, watching Clemson who somehow has changed their culture and is nationally relevant yearly now. And, watching them talk about Justyn Ross as their latest stud WR. SMDH

Wait til Saban retires and Dabo goes to Tuscaloosa. 

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Yep new talent, and they win every year. Never hear the young , inexperienced, or other excuses from them.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just a continuation of what we’ve watched for a decade now. Oh well, at leastClemson will backslide, lol

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Guess who is the only coach to give up 50 points twice to Bama?!?!?! I will give you a hint. He is not eating at waffle house tonight!

But is he an Auburn man?
I hear he doesn't curse!

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Might still be a net gain if Clemson can fall back into obscurity.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

History says you better get used to it and soon. I don't like anymore than you. Major changes in the program need to be made to change this. Not just a single coach. 

Once you get the right coach everything changes. The narrative changes. Bama had the same problems for  20 plus years. Boosters who wanted a lot of power and hand pick their own coach. Boosters who valued picking their guy over the best candidate just so they could control them. Did anything change or did they just get lucky with perfect timing when it came to saban? They were about to hire freaking rich rod before his wife got cold feet over people saying negative stuff about her and her appearance. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep, other teams “reload”, we recruit top 10 but “we’re young”, “we’re rebuilding” it’s getting old. The culture is not what it needs to be here

If you look at the number of recruits that have been here and left over the past two years I think everyone would know why we keep having to play freshmen. 

Just now, Zeek said:

But is he an Auburn man?
I hear he doesn't curse!

BULL CRAP!!!

I don’t think the Gus Bus Riders really love him. They just can’t handle conflict. But conflict produces change and progress. Keeping the peace promotes mediocrity 

5 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

And if it's not, then it should be next coach up. 

Archived