POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Gus has said dozens of times that the future is bright.  How many more times does he have to say it?  😂

He can say it one more time before we fire him would be fine with me

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tigerbelle said:

And ladies....there are some here besides me.

Auburn had some real momentum after 2010 and 2013 but in each case it all slipped away pretty quickly. What a waste. 

If Auburn can change the basketball culture because of the efforts of one dynamic coach and a hand-full of gutsy players....then the same can be done with football. I remember the moment it happened......a very limited Auburn basketball team fought it's way through the SEC Tournament on the back of KT Harrell. After that everybody just fell in love with the program and it started to take off. 

We need that kind of revival in football. 

I 100% agree belle, but we need someone with that fire, with what we are losing in terms of older players, it makes me worried

30 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Lol Stidham is the reason we won the games we won. Anyone else would of produced less results. There are plenty of problems at Auburn but Stidham doesn't deserve a tenth of the criticism he has gotten this year. There is only so much a QB can do with no blocking, no running game, and WRs that drop passes. Stidham didn't magically forget how to play the QB position. But its easy to blame the QB for everything. 

My only question is this bad enough to get Gus fired? 

He deserves every bit of it. No leadership showed at all. He was not the same accurate Qb as last year. How many over throws you going to give him? Several winning TDs in every game lost. Afraid to get hit and a complete lack of progressions. Yes the other factors didn't help but just like tonight when he had time, he scrambles out and loses yards.

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Then maybe the future would be bright

Until they announce they're hiring Scott Loefler 

33 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This (below) is what I imagine when I see the same posters posting the same thing everything single day multiple times (forum in general, not you).  I just learned this year not to let Auburn’s wins or loses dictate how my week will go.  Besides, my other teams are contenders and killing it (Auburn basketball, OKC Thunder, Carolina Panthers).

Love me some Benny Hill

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I 100% agree belle, but we need someone with that fire, with what we are losing in terms of older players, it makes me worried

Well....it has taken Bruce a minute to get the program rolling into the respected, competitive group of BB teams. Auburn will need to allow a few seasons to build up the football program, especially with all the recruiting competition. Fans are impatient with football. Bruce just charmed his way into his honeymoon phase plus Auburn BB had nowhere to go but up. It was already at rock bottom. I would like to see Leath and Greene prevent AU football from going all the way to the basement. Manage the growth on a steady pace like Bruce has done with BB, and the fans will get behind it.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

9 times out of 10 Alabama blows us away. In 2017, Auburn beat Alabama by 12 (26-14) and AU fans acted like we basted them out if the water. Why the heck can't we ever blow them away. No wait, we have Malzahn who always takes his foot off the gas pedal. Crap.

We’ve handed them their worst loss in nearly a decade. It’s not just an Auburn issue. 

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What a clueless comment.....actually it is pretty easy to do worse...just look around college football.  Not saying keep Gus but lots of people really underestimate what coaching big time football is like.JMO 

and like opinions I disagree with your clueless one.

12 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

He deserves every bit of it. No leadership showed at all. He was not the same accurate Qb as last year. How many over throws you going to give him? Several winning TDs in every game lost. Afraid to get hit and a complete lack of progressions. Yes the other factors didn't help but just like tonight when he had time, he scrambles out and loses yards.

How many passes did he have dropped tonight? He can't throw it and catch them too.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well....it has taken Bruce a minute to get the program rolling into the respected, competitive group of BB teams. Auburn will need to allow a few seasons to build up the football program, especially with all the recruiting competition. Fans are impatient with football. Bruce just charmed his way into his honeymoon phase plus Auburn BB had nowhere to go but up. It was already at rock bottom. I would like to see Leath and Greene prevent AU football from going all the way to the basement. Manage the growth on a steady pace like Bruce has done with BB, and the fans will get behind it.

I think with a new coach, fans would be patient, if they saw growth. We saw growth and potential after Bruce took over,  he recruited well and we see what it has turned into. We’re in year 6 of Gus and continue to see wasted talent.  We see being stagnant, we see “fire” only when your job is only the line. Fans are tired of it and the players deserve way more than being a 7-8 win team almost every year. 

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the second half Gus lost the team. The Defense gave up. Why Stidham stayed in till next to last drive and then when we finally bring the backup in we don't let him throw.  That is a way not to prepare your backup if he ever has to play.

Everything about this season has been a confusing mess. It's no wonder the team seemed lost and frustrated about 80% of the time. 

19 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Nobody says JS is the only problem on this team. Today the D stunk worse than the O. But JS regressed this year bigtime. I don't believe any NFL scout could take him serious as anything but an undrafted free agent in 2019.

You are not wrong. About any of it to be honest. But Stidham has got more than his share of the blame. And he did regress big time. But which is the more likely situation, a guy who has been successful everywhere he has played, including for us last year magically forgets how to play QB? Or the coaches didn't suit the offense towards his strengths? I mean yes he made some mistakes. But the thought that any other QB on this roster could of done better this season is absurd. 

53 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You’re dang right it’s not, if AU is perfectly content with that every season then we, as a university, have problems

Perfectly fine but it’s imperative we get it right to avoid a cycle like UF, UT, USCw, went through and are going through. Can’t come work a Mark Hudspeth type hire.

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Perfectly fine but it’s imperative we get it right to avoid a cycle like UF, UT, USCw, went through and are going through. Can’t come work a Mark Hudspeth type hire.

I agree, we need to get this hire right. I’m just against the not parting ways Bc “I’m scared of who we will hire” stuff

Over/under on how badly ticket sales drop next season assuming Gustav is back? We may have sentenced ourselves to a decade of irrelevancy with that buyout.

Archived