Not that it matters, but...

AUght2win

What do you guys think it would take for a coach or administrator at an SEC school to demand a look at these calls? This was on the long TD pass (thrown by a kid whose entire family abruptly up and moved to Alabama from a Pacific Island, btw) that made it 38-21. Now consider this wasn't called but the "hold" on Cannella that negated worm's run was. 

Devin White's targeting, the MSU clipping call... When does a conspiracy theory become undeniable? 

20181124_151641.jpg

20181124_151703.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wareagleguy said:

Evidence has been offered, but crickets has basically been the response.

“We’re looking into it” will be the only ever response we ever get. And nothing will happen after the fact. 

I don’t really know why coaches are penalized for calling out refs, other than to try to make the officials look better. Coaches should 100% be able to openly call out officials without penalty. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

“We’re looking into it” will be the only ever response we ever get. And nothing will happen after the fact. 

I don’t really know why coaches are penalized for calling out refs, other than to try to make the officials look better. Coaches should 100% be able to openly call out officials without penalty. 

College football, as they say is big business 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

It also keeps coaches from criticizing the conference as a whole. Especially when, and I truly believe this, the SEC tells its officials to favor top rated teams and brands. College football is a volcano of money these days. If an undefeated Bama plays in the playoff and Atlanta, that's more eyeballs on screens, merch for the masses, and money for the conference.

Have y’all seen that clip at the end of the first quarter with the Bama guy pushing (I think big Kat) and then hitting him when he’s down? I don’t know how to share it and tried to get a picture of it. 

786AE1FB-FBE0-47D8-B550-2827496D3307.png

39E9904C-12FB-4710-9CF4-A1A8E257E04E.png

The whole sec has been boondoggled by these zebras all year to the point the whole conference results should have an asterisk by it. Those of us that watch football all day on saturdays know, it's a decidedly sec problem. I thought when Tom "bug eye" Ritter retired it would clean up. Reckon not, smh.

Just now, AUght2win said:

It also keeps coaches from criticizing the conference as a whole. Especially when, and I truly believe this, the SEC tells its officials to favor top rated teams and brands. College football is a volcano of money these days. If an undefeated Bama plays in the playoff and Atlanta, that's more eyeballs on screens, merch for the masses, and money for the conference.

Own protecting its own. It’s mob style tactics. If you can’t call out the officials, then what can you do? Submit a tape and the SEC office says: 

tenor.gif?itemid=11799910

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

The whole sec has been boondoggled by these zebras all year to the point the whole conference results should have an asterisk by it. Those of us that watch football all day on saturdays know, it's a decidedly sec problem. I though Tom "bug eye" Ritter retired it would clean up. Reckon not, smh.

Isn't it a clear conflict of interest if your job is to subjectively judge an event, but you are employed by an entity that benefits from that event? Can't the NCAA contract officials out? Switch them up every year???

It wouldn't prevent gambling corruption but it'd at least make it feel like the whole system isn't openly rigged.

When SEC programs start leaving this mob ran conference you might see a change. Until then you’d better be good enough to beat the stripes and the turds. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Isn't it a clear conflict of interest if your job is to subjectively judge an event, but you are employed by an entity that benefits from that event? Can't the NCAA contract officials out? Switch them up every year???

It wouldn't prevent gambling corruption but it'd at least make it feel like the whole system isn't openly rigged.

NCAA is likely as dirty as FIFA. 

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I know it really won't actually make much difference, but how awesome would it be if Greene openly called the SEC out?

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

The whole sec has been boondoggled by these zebras all year to the point the whole conference results should have an asterisk by it. Those of us that watch football all day on saturdays know, it's a decidedly sec problem. I thought when Tom "bug eye" Ritter retired it would clean up. Reckon not, smh.

Your post made me think of this lol

23089F59-CCC0-45CF-9B6B-7D47A79A6F5A.gif

Just now, AUght2win said:

It's like a restaurant hiring its own food critics. If you'll notice, the SEC rarely has any collossal upsets. This is so unlike any conference in football. Hell, even the SEC wasn't like this 15 years ago! 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe. If it's the conspiracy thing that's bought into. I still just personally believe that they're just incompetent idiots and suck at their jobs.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I know it really won't actually make much difference, but how awesome would it be if Greene openly called the SEC out?

That's what I want. And just go all in. Bring blown up stills and clips to a press conference. Just ask for someone to make a reasonable argument to how officials can get it this wrong.

Just now, jAUSon said:

Maybe. If it's the conspiracy thing that's bought into. I still just personally believe that they're just incompetent idiots and suck at their jobs.

If they were idiots, the idiocy would affect everyone equally. I've never seen a missed call that destroyed a Bama win. 

Just THINK about the fact that the SEC actually called and reviewed the Patrick Peterson INT incorrectly. It really is remarkable.

Archived