Not that it matters, but...

AUght2win

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 yarder for Gus “arguing the call” 

Flip it to the other side, Saban is angrily yelling walking into the field and he gets a pat on the shoulder and conversation.  

I get missed/wrong calls but blatantly calling the same thing only on one side is crap.

This may be a StatTiger question but when is the last time Alabama has actually been called for holding against Auburn? I was chatting with a few other Alum and we couldn’t remember. 

16 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You guys need to get off that targeting no call. It wasn't targeting.

Exactly, but why does the replay booth call it targeting on others and not bama.  Happened to Davis this year. (Or was it Dean) Facemask to helmet was deemed targeting.   Personal foul and ejection.  

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

I think that idea that’s going around showing a bammer pushing down AU#1 must be from a different year.  I think Big Cat is bigger than that player.  Am I right?

No it was from today. Stidham was throwing to Slayton or Williams

45 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

College football, as they say is big business 

I actually think this is at the root of most of these issues. Post Cam Newton the NCAA has effectively been neutered. They have no teeth, are unable to essentially enforce any rules violations. Between the tv contracts, Nike contracts, BSPN and championship series it is billions of dollars.  Everyone knows the nonsense going on in Tuscaloosa, as well as other places, and nothing will be done. Too much money is at stake to risk it because of alumni.  If I remember correctly, a few years ago bammers went an entire year without a holding call. That is literally insane, since there is literally holding on almost every play.  Games and momentum can be controlled by holding calls, pass interference calls and personal fouls.  Case in point is the 2018 iron bowl.  I am not saying bammers aren't a great team, but it's a lot easier for them now because it's all about the money.  They game has been infected, they killed the goose that laid the golden egg.  

Oh well.  

The Big 10 did everything they could to today to help Michigan but OSU just run all over them.  

To mich money for the conference to eliminate playoff contenders and Bama has always always gotten biased calls.  

If UGA comes in at 4 in the playoff rankings watch out... if the sec gets the nod Bama is in win or lose they’ll try to protect UGA.   What is it 30 million per playoff team?

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

The Big 10 did everything they could to today to help Michigan but OSU just run all over them.  

To mich money for the conference to eliminate playoff contenders and Bama has always always gotten biased calls.  

If UGA comes in at 4 in the playoff rankings watch out... if the sec gets the nod Bama is in win or lose they’ll try to protect UGA.   What is it 30 million per playoff team?

Best thing that could happen is Georgia beats bama.chaos ensues and big ten pushes for more teams in the playoffs

11 minutes ago, TigerSpider said:

There were a few plays at the end of the LSU-aTm game also that were shady as well.

But were straight up called CORRECTLY!!!!

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Best thing that could happen is Georgia beats bama.chaos ensues and big ten pushes for more teams in the playoffs

I just can’t pull for the dogs or the tide hope both lose lol.

what needs to happen is eliminate all these bogus teams like UCF, USF, Boise, UAB, Troy and the likes.  Trim FBS to 64 teams.  4 conferences of 16 teams.  2 divisions of 8 teams in each conference and 9 conf games.  Opening weekend of the season you have conference challenges between the 4 conferences that rotate every 2 years and have them home-home.  That takes up 10 games against quality opponents then the school can schedule 2 cupcakes who ever they want. Can be a danged NAIA team if they want.  Schedule 2 bye week ends .

Take all division winners and draw them out of a hat and put them in a game.  That would be 8 team playoff.  Pick teams randomly and coin flip or whatever to decide the location of the games.  That way you take the human element completely out of “rankings”. You have to earn your way by winning to get in the playoffs.  

9 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

But were straight up called CORRECTLY!!!!

Ummm not the 4th and 18 he was clearly short of the line to gain.  The 1 second was correct but should have never got to there.  

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

When SEC programs start leaving this mob ran conference you might see a change. Until then you’d better be good enough to beat the stripes and the turds. 

I have heard both Pat Dye and Sylvester Croom comment that when they were on staff at Bama, all the assistants used to joke among themselves about the help they got from refs. They were as aware of it as anyone. 

2 hours ago, kwagoner said:

15 yarder for Gus “arguing the call” 

Flip it to the other side, Saban is angrily yelling walking into the field and he gets a pat on the shoulder and conversation.  

I get missed/wrong calls but blatantly calling the same thing only on one side is crap.

Ever since Saban has been at Bama, he spends plenty of time on the field, as far as the numbers or more, berating officials. I've never seen him flagged for it. 

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I just can’t pull for the dogs or the tide hope both lose lol.

what needs to happen is eliminate all these bogus teams like UCF, USF, Boise, UAB, Troy and the likes.  Trim FBS to 64 teams.  4 conferences of 16 teams.  2 divisions of 8 teams in each conference and 9 conf games.  Opening weekend of the season you have conference challenges between the 4 conferences that rotate every 2 years and have them home-home.  That takes up 10 games against quality opponents then the school can schedule 2 cupcakes who ever they want. Can be a danged NAIA team if they want.  Schedule 2 bye week ends .

Take all division winners and draw them out of a hat and put them in a game.  That would be 8 team playoff.  Pick teams randomly and coin flip or whatever to decide the location of the games.  That way you take the human element completely out of “rankings”. You have to earn your way by winning to get in the playoffs.  

Nope. We need teams like UCF in the playoffs. Cinderella s March madness style. Can you imagine if UCF beat the tide intheplayoffs 

. It would be pandaomonen. We need more playoff atmosphere. And more games for Alabama to play. With more pressure. We know they're not going to schedule shiiiiiiiiii.......

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Ummm not the 4th and 18 he was clearly short of the line to gain.  The 1 second was correct but should have never got to there.  

No. It wasn't. What's your freaking problem.

Go on vacation

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Nope. We need teams like UCF in the playoffs. Cinderella s March madness style. Can you imagine if UCF beat the tide intheplayoffs 

. It would be pandaomonen. We need more playoff atmosphere. And more games for Alabama to play. With more prezxsurdy. We know they're not going to schedule shiiiiiiiiii....

Bama don’t even make it into the playoff twice that they won the national championship under what I laid out.  Last year and 2011.   They got in because of some goofy “eye test” crap

Archived