Not that it matters, but...

AUght2win

Just now, corchjay said:

Bama don’t even make it into the playoff twice that they won the national championship under what I laid out.  Last year and 2011.   They got in because of some goofy “eye test” crap

Exactly. That's why they need more playoff games. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

No. It wasn't. What's your freaking problem.

Go on vacation

Dang dude I watched the game I saw the WR short of the line to game... even posted a picture of said play. 

I don’t think I had  problem just disagreed that the 4 and 18 was short of the line to gain.   So what’s your problem?

Patriots fans are delusional, along with the Boston sports market, about their inherent cheating, but they have a certain breaking point where they usually just admit “IDGAF if we are cheating, we’re still the best” 

theres no amount of proof you could show Bammers that would make them think they get help from the league 

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Just gonna leave this right here.   Not much else needs to be said...

674D7A2F-D3FF-4861-9996-429A987EF2FA.jpeg

And you have it paused after he rolled over. Not where he caught. 

Also A&M ran up to the line and ran a new legal play before refs reviewed it. Gus could take pointers from that. A&M played by the rules and won in seven overtimes. LSU had plenty of opportunities to win and didn't. It's not on the refs

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Dang dude I watched the game I saw the WR short of the line to game... even posted a picture of said play. 

I don’t think I had  problem just disagreed that the 4 and 18 was short of the line to gain.   So what’s your problem?

You, you are the problem. Refs didn't cost LSU that damn game. 😂 You are acting acting a fool

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

You, you are the problem. Refs didn't cost LSU that damn game. 😂 You are acting acting a fool

I never said they did cost them the game just said they missed that call. Which would have ended the game essentially but whatever.  I didn’t give one flip who won that game.   I’m like a damn lightening rod tonight if you consider our discussion about officiating in that game is acting a fool...   maybe you’re joking around with me after the past few weeks and my stalkers I’ve accumulated I’m not sure who is what 

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

I just can’t pull for the dogs or the tide hope both lose lol.

what needs to happen is eliminate all these bogus teams like UCF, USF, Boise, UAB, Troy and the likes.  Trim FBS to 64 teams.  4 conferences of 16 teams.  2 divisions of 8 teams in each conference and 9 conf games.  Opening weekend of the season you have conference challenges between the 4 conferences that rotate every 2 years and have them home-home.  That takes up 10 games against quality opponents then the school can schedule 2 cupcakes who ever they want. Can be a danged NAIA team if they want.  Schedule 2 bye week ends .

Take all division winners and draw them out of a hat and put them in a game.  That would be 8 team playoff.  Pick teams randomly and coin flip or whatever to decide the location of the games.  That way you take the human element completely out of “rankings”. You have to earn your way by winning to get in the playoffs.  

Terrible idea. The small, directional schools are what make college football great. It should be an 8 team playoff. Automatic bids for Power 5 champions. The remaining 3 spots are for at-larges. This year it'd likely be: 1. Bama, 2. Clemson, 3. Ohio State, 4. Oklahoma, 5. Washington, 6. ND, 7. UCF, 8. UGA. Still keeps the spirit of needing to play a wire to wire great season alive. That's what makes college football unique. Every game counts. 

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Ok point taken if the marker was wrong then it was wrong but Peter Burns I put no authority in defending refs in the SEC.  he works for the SeC Network.  Like I said I don’t give a flip who won the game but officiating has been horrible all year and blatantly biased for certain teams.  

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Terrible idea. The small, directional schools are what make college football great. It should be an 8 team playoff. Automatic bids for Power 5 champions. The remaining 3 spots are for at-larges. This year it'd likely be: 1. Bama, 2. Clemson, 3. Ohio State, 4. Oklahoma, 5. Washington, 6. ND, 7. UCF, 8. UGA. Still keeps the spirit of needing to play a wire to wire great season alive. That's what makes college football unique. Every game counts. 

9 conference games I think would make plenty of games that matter and taking the bias of human opinion out of it would be better.  That’s my opinion 

1 hour ago, thrustmaxwell said:

LOL, we got a way with a lot yesterday.  But yeah, let's blame the refs for that giant turd we saw laid yesterday and the entirety of the season.

This statement is like comparing grilling hamburgers to the Camp Fire in Paradise CA.

Just now, gman87 said:

This statement is like comparing grilling hamburgers to the Camp Fire in Paradise CA.

Not really.  I get a lot of people are sore because they actually still had expectations of a (perennial 8-5) Gus Malzahn led team but we didn't lose a single game this season due to officiating.

2 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Not really.  I get a lot of people are sore because they actually still had expectations of a (perennial 8-5) Gus Malzahn led team but we didn't lose a single game this season due to officiating.

I said nothing about whether we won or lost due to officiating but if you can't see that $puat gets 10x the benefit of no-calls, generous spots, generous reviews and calls against the opposing team then you have lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

10 minutes ago, gman87 said:

I said nothing about whether we won or lost due to officiating but if you can't see that $puat gets 10x the benefit of no-calls, generous spots, generous reviews and calls against the opposing team then you have lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

These are the kind of statements that allow their fanbase to look at us whiny little brother.  Man up, son.  

1 hour ago, Glen from West Glenn Ave said:

I do have a question.  Why are players who are carrying the ball the only players who can touch an opposing player's facemask with impunity?

As long as the ball carrier is not grabbing and holding the face mask it’s considered legal.  To another point, it looked like #22 for Bama was not doing a typical stiff arm, but swinging at Iggy on that run in the 2nd half.  @WarTiger would swinging at a player’s head in that manner be considered a penalty?

10 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

These are the kind of statements that allow their fanbase to look at us whiny little brother.  Man up, son.  

One, I could give a s*** about what their fan base, or anyone else says about me. I know what I know, and I know a rigged deck when I see it. We got some calls in 2010 and 2013, it's just how it works. The truth is the truth no matter how anyone tries to spin it but yet again, you deflect from the original statements because I assume, you know I'm right and can't counter it based on fact. And that's all I've got to say about that.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

As long as the ball carrier is not grabbing and holding the face mask it’s considered legal.  To another point, it looked like #22 for Bama was not doing a typical stiff arm, but swinging at Iggy on that run in the 2nd half.  @WarTiger would swinging at a player’s head in that manner be considered a penalty?

I expect RBs or ball carriers to be the next major targets of safety related rule changes.  As it stands now ball carriers can do almost anything legally that no other players can do.  They can touch face masks or get hand under the face mask during stiff arms. Both illegal if anybody else does it. Ball carriers can lower their head and lead with the crown of their helmet.  No other player can do that. Many targeting calls against defenders are caused by the ball carrier doing this. 

13 hours ago, Derraj06 said:

This may be a StatTiger question but when is the last time Alabama has actually been called for holding against Auburn? I was chatting with a few other Alum and we couldn’t remember. 

The only one I can recall was 2013 when OJ Howard held Chris Davis and it was a huge one as Yeldon would have had 1st and Goal at the 6.

4 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

LOL, we got a way with a lot yesterday.

What did we get away with besides Slayton pushing off for his TD? In fact, that was the ONLY call in the entire game where they called it both ways as Jeudy pushed off Jamel Dean for his TD.

Yet Sal Cannella can lightly tug a LB from behind, gets called for holding and negates a TD run. Later in the game, TD Moultry, from behind, gets hooked under his arm and across his chest JUST like the 2015 IB, impeding his path to Tag, which allows Tag time to throw a TD.

As a result of the holding, Gus gets called for a personal foul for arguing the call. Later in the game, Saban goes bat-sheeyat-crazy, onto the field, on the refs after targeting was called, and gets no flag DESPITE the rule change in 2017:

In an effort to control coaches' sideline behavior, officials now have the power to issue an immediate 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct if a coach enters the field of play "to question, protest or otherwise demonstrate disagreement with an officiating decision." 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-rule-changes-coaches-who-argue-on-field-players-who-run-and-leap-risk-penalty/

Besides ONE call, they failed to call em both ways.

11 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

This is correct:

http://www.lsusports.net/fls/5200/assets/docs/fb/18stats/ls12.htm#GAME.PLY

Tamu 1-10 at Tamu47

This means the line to gain for a 1st Down would be the LSU 43-yard line.

31 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

What did we get away with besides Slayton pushing off for his TD? In fact, that was the ONLY call in the entire game where they called it both ways as Jeudy pushed off Jamel Dean for his TD.

Yet Sal Cannella can lightly tug a LB from behind, gets called for holding and negates a TD run. Later in the game, TD Moultry, from behind, gets hooked under his arm and across his chest JUST like the 2015 IB, impeding his path to Tag, which allows Tag time to throw a TD.

As a result of the holding, Gus gets called for a personal foul for arguing the call. Later in the game, Saban goes bat-sheeyat-crazy, onto the field, on the refs after targeting was called, and gets no flag DESPITE the rule change in 2017:

In an effort to control coaches' sideline behavior, officials now have the power to issue an immediate 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct if a coach enters the field of play "to question, protest or otherwise demonstrate disagreement with an officiating decision." 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-rule-changes-coaches-who-argue-on-field-players-who-run-and-leap-risk-penalty/

Besides ONE call, they failed to call em both ways.

Yes, Slayton did get a little push in but the DB was holding his arm for about 10 yards before that push.   Good no call since it could have been called either or both ways.  

2 hours ago, gman87 said:

We got some calls in 2010

We did?? Which ones praytell? The unsportsmanlike on Fairley for celebrating with his teammates? Or was it our last drive in the 1st Half when Darvin Adams' tipped catch was caught in-bounds, was ruled out-of-bounds, and no replay occurred? Or was it the 1st Down spot on McElroy's QB sneak when Josh Bynes stuffed him for no gain on 4th and short? Or was it on our last drive on 3rd and 4 when Cam got 4 1/2 yards, but was spotted down a full yard short?

We got nothing in the 2010 IB. Everything we got in that game was earned, despite Tom Ritter's efforts.

Archived