Not that it matters, but...

AUght2win

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

What did we get away with besides Slayton pushing off for his TD? In fact, that was the ONLY call in the entire game where they called it both ways as Jeudy pushed off Jamel Dean for his TD.

Yet Sal Cannella can lightly tug a LB from behind, gets called for holding and negates a TD run. Later in the game, TD Moultry, from behind, gets hooked under his arm and across his chest JUST like the 2015 IB, impeding his path to Tag, which allows Tag time to throw a TD.

As a result of the holding, Gus gets called for a personal foul for arguing the call. Later in the game, Saban goes bat-sheeyat-crazy, onto the field, on the refs after targeting was called, and gets no flag DESPITE the rule change in 2017:

In an effort to control coaches' sideline behavior, officials now have the power to issue an immediate 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct if a coach enters the field of play "to question, protest or otherwise demonstrate disagreement with an officiating decision." 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-rule-changes-coaches-who-argue-on-field-players-who-run-and-leap-risk-penalty/

Besides ONE call, they failed to call em both ways.

Heh, you need to rewatch the game.  We got away with pushoffs and holding quite a bit.  Besides, Gus may have called the ref a "nanny booger" or something equally offensive very loudly.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

LOL, we got a way with a lot yesterday.  But yeah, let's blame the refs for that giant turd we saw laid yesterday and the entirety of the season.

The fib of all fibs. What on earth did we get away with?

4 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Not really.  I get a lot of people are sore because they actually still had expectations of a (perennial 8-5) Gus Malzahn led team but we didn't lose a single game this season due to officiating.

Actually we lost 2 (MSU and LSU) but sure okay. Not defending Gus by the way. Just don't lie.

Just now, AUght2win said:

Actually we lost 2 (MSU and LSU) but sure okay. Not defending Gus by the way. Just don't lie.

Sorry to hear about your LBS.  We got beat by better teams because they outplayed us.

24 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Heh, you need to rewatch the game.  We got away with pushoffs and holding quite a bit.  Besides, Gus may have called the ref a "nanny booger" or something equally offensive very loudly.

Don't need to rewatch it. Saw all the bad calls live. If we had held like this, 100% chance we would have been called for it:

20181124_151641.jpg

10 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Don't need to rewatch it. Saw all the bad calls live. If we had held like this, 100% chance we would have been called for it:

20181124_151641.jpg

And that's the reason we lost?  I don't think so.  But yeah, let's whine about the refs as if they have had anything to do with the outcome of any game this season.

22 hours ago, AUght2win said:

What do you guys think it would take for a coach or administrator at an SEC school to demand a look at these calls? This was on the long TD pass (thrown by a kid whose entire family abruptly up and moved to Alabama from a Pacific Island, btw) that made it 38-21. Now consider this wasn't called but the "hold" on Cannella that negated worm's run was. 

Devin White's targeting, the MSU clipping call... When does a conspiracy theory become undeniable? 

20181124_151641.jpg

20181124_151703.jpg

I was ready with phone sitting on video last night. I hate being like this because I am a high school baseball coach and I preach to never leave it in the hands of officials, but I have never seen such lopsided officiating towards one team.  As a player , yeah fight through adversity , but when I was player one of the toughest things to keep fighting through is Umps,Officials tying players hand behind there back.(Happens rarely but does happen) Almost get the feeling that what ever you do , no matter how hard you fight , officials will take it.I hate excuses , and especially blaming officials but this has gotten to a point vs any team Alabama plays that the rules are different for them. I can understand missing a quick face mask , hands to face , small push off all these types of quick hitter penalties. The holding Alabama does every single game are long developing holds right in front of officials face.Even the push off on deep ball was pretty noticeable against Dean and made a difference in the play. Gary talked about how good that play was, but when Slayton is playing thumb was on his TD pass he wants to highlight it ans say Auburn got away with one hahahahah

I think for most teams playing Alabama , they feel they are playing with their hands cuffed. Players lose the edge they had, Bama blows them (us) out in the end, then all people say is,"those few calls wouldn't of made a difference Bama blew them out."A lot of reason they blow these teams out who are competing with them are .... well yeah they are really freaking good, but any edge these players had gets taken away from the officials.  Again, this is not a just Auburn thing , watch all their games. If game is close, Terrible blatant penalties or "no calls" happen in Bama's favor. Do I think Canella hold was a hold? Yes , it was a hold , a hold that allowed Shiver to get through hole.Same exact hold was made on Darrel Williams on Bama's first TD I believe when TUA ran it in. Blatant Bad, in your face , everybody and the momma see's it , no flag on Bama. Blows my mind that other teams in the league are not getting together on this. I have clips of every single 1st half TD on Bama having a moderate to extreme easy call penalty. Let alone the hold on Davidson that Tua scrambled for 30 yards on a 3rd and 5 which I believe led to a "EASY" field goal due to a missed call by review on the catch that was also pretty clear that ball hit the ground. I saw many picture of Saban on the field last night arguing calls yet no flag. Gus in the 1st QUARTER gets immediate flag for it. I believe on second series so no way he got warning , defiantly did not get a sideline warning which (not in rule book) all team who are not playing Bama gets before enforcing penalty

In the end Auburn has many many problems. Still probably would have lost, but if game was called fair and consistent then I bet we would have at least got them to the 4th quarter and made it a game. 

If anybody would like to see the quick clips I will post but not going to waste my time with it anymore cause its not going to change until some big starts writing about it and makes SEC commissioner and his Saban worshipers look bad.

War Eagle , Hopefully Gus or whoever can get this thing turned around. Last two years have been my worst sport nightmare with Bama and UGA being top dogs . haha

Just now, thrustmaxwell said:

And that's the reason we lost?  I don't think so.  But yeah, let's whine about the refs as if they have had anything to do with the outcome of any game this season.

And that's your problem. You're insinuating we believe we lost because of the refs. We're not. No one is going to beat that team unless Tommy Frazier and the 95 Cornhuskers hop out of a DeLorean.

The issue here at hand is the annual 12th regular season game ritual of double standards. Outside of Matt Austin's crew working the IB, all other crews cannot and will not call it both ways.

We were going to lose that game regardless. At least call it both ways. But nope. Not going to happen.

21 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

The LSU game. They definitely had a hand in the outcome of that one. Referees will never be perfect but they should work on being more consistent with what they call and what they choose to let go.

1 hour ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Agree.    I think he said bull crap too loud 

17 hours ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Refs are definitely looking the other way when it comes to the Updykes at least the SEC officials, we’ll see what happens when officials from other conferences are on the field during the playoff games.

I guess you did not watch the uga vs bamr play off game last year.

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I guess you did not watch the uga vs bamr play off game last year.

Nope why in the flipping world would you watch that 💩? Just a tip don’t poke  yourself in the eye 👁 with a sharp stick either!

2 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Besides, Gus may have called the ref a "nanny booger" or something equally offensive very loudly.

I LOL'd. ... mostly because that IS something Gus would say.

3 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Sorry to hear about your LBS.  We got beat by better teams because they outplayed us.

You have such a self-loathing approach to Auburn football. Pointing out the obvious, inexplicably bad calls which consistently favor the conference's best team (and biggest money maker) isn't LBS. I don't even know how the two are related. 

20 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

But Big Cat is on defense, so that makes no sense.  

It was hard to tell in that picture, but here’s a clip of it 

4 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

And that's your problem. You're insinuating we believe we lost because of the refs. We're not. No one is going to beat that team unless Tommy Frazier and the 95 Cornhuskers hop out of a DeLorean.

The issue here at hand is the annual 12th regular season game ritual of double standards. Outside of Matt Austin's crew working the IB, all other crews cannot and will not call it both ways.

We were going to lose that game regardless. At least call it both ways. But nope. Not going to happen.

my prediction before the game was that we would have ref problems early in the game until bama did not need help.  I was half joking but after watching that game  I think my expectations were pretty well confirmed.    We were likely not going to win and bama sure did not need the help.....but they got it anyway...JMO

7 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

This is correct:

http://www.lsusports.net/fls/5200/assets/docs/fb/18stats/ls12.htm#GAME.PLY

Tamu 1-10 at Tamu47

This means the line to gain for a 1st Down would be the LSU 43-yard line.

:homer:

Tamu 3-18 at Tamu39 Kellen Mond pass incomplete to J. Sternberger (Grant Delpit).
Tamu 4-18 at Tamu39 Kellen Mond pass complete to Quartney Davis for 20 yards to the LSU41, 1ST DOWN TAMU.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Uh.  Still wrong. :homer:

Tamu 3-18 at Tamu39 Kellen Mond pass incomplete to J. Sternberger (Grant Delpit).
Tamu 4-18 at Tamu39 Kellen Mond pass complete to Quartney Davis for 20 yards to the LSU41, 1ST DOWN TAMU.

Huh? I was confirming what you stated as correct. The LSU 43-yard line indeed was the line to gain for a 1st Down.

1 minute ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Huh? I was confirming what you stated as correct. The LSU 43-yard line indeed was the line to gain for a 1st Down.

Correct. I misread your post. Lol

It looked like you copied the wrong line. 

Archived