SECCG 2018

AURaptor

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it everyone’s opinion here that if Georgia were to beat Alabama, Alabama would still be in? This statement was followed up on the radio by “Clemson has to beat Pittsburgh to stay in”. What?? Why? Who has Alabama beat that would put them in (for the second year in a row) without winning their conference?

28 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Is it everyone’s opinion here that if Georgia were to beat Alabama, Alabama would still be in? This statement was followed up on the radio by “Clemson has to beat Pittsburgh to stay in”. What?? Why? Who has Alabama beat that would put them in (for the second year in a row) without winning their conference?

Yes unless uga beats them like a drum and that ain't happening

I thought since Auburn didn't make it, it was cancelled... 

On a serious note.... Can you IMAGINE being in a stadium loaded with nothing but bammers & leg-humpers?  It must be like the 7th circle of hell.

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

screw them but thats nowhere near the same. losing to pitt vs uga is totally different. if clemson loses, they will be sent packing

I want UGA to win the SECCG and both to make it in to the playoffs.  That should leave the Big 10ish, Big 12, and Pac-12 out of the playoffs. Which would be the next step towards extending the playoffs to 6 teams.

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Well I don’t want both of them in the playoffs so I guess I pull for Bama 🤮🤮

But some Einstein on a football site is saying UGA could still get in if cards fall the right way. I don't think this is what they had in mind when they created the playoffs. 

52 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

But some Einstein on a football site is saying UGA could still get in if cards fall the right way. I don't think this is what they had in mind when they created the playoffs. 

Still think a team should be required to win their conference to get in.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I thought since Auburn didn't make it, it was cancelled... 

On a serious note.... Can you IMAGINE being in a stadium loaded with nothing but bammers & leg-humpers?  It must be like the 7th circle of hell.

:lmao::bow:

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I want UGA to win the SECCG and both to make it in to the playoffs.  That should leave the Big 10ish, Big 12, and Pac-12 out of the playoffs. Which would be the next step towards extending the playoffs to 6 teams.

I want UGA to win also.

I will never ever ever want bammer to win anything.....

11 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I want UGA to win also.

I will never ever ever want bammer to win anything.....

this is the correct answer. A uat loss would be great for college football. And yes if the updykes lose they should be out of the playoffs. Simple

15 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

this is the correct answer. A uat loss would be great for college football. And yes if the updykes lose they should be out of the playoffs. Simple

That's a great point.....and one I wholeheartedly agree with.

21 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

UAT is in unless they lose by 50. But they won't lose.  I expect UAT to win by at least 24.  

😡:banghead:

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Isn't eight teams the next step? I've never seen a six-team single elimination playoff. With a six team playoff, one team among the three first round winners would have to get a bye into the championship game while the other two fought it out. That's very unfair and it would still require as many weekends as an eight team playoff.

If my numbers are wrong, somebody correct me but I do have some experience with brackets and a six-team, single elimination bracket something that I've not seen.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Isn't eight teams the next step? I've never seen a six-team single elimination playoff. With a six team playoff, one team among the three first round winners would have to get a bye into the championship game while the other two fought it out. That's very unfair and it would still require as many weekends as an eight team playoff.

If my numbers are wrong, somebody correct me but I do have some experience with brackets and a six-team, single elimination bracket something that I've not seen.

Agree that 6 does not help anyone but the to two byes who get a rest and also get to watch/scout future competitors.   Totally unfair.

As for 8...guess that's OK but this year IMO there are not 8 worthy teams..  Whoever is #5 or 6 will gripe about being left out this year but by the time they got down to 7 and 8...having to play the top 2.....we would have a few wipeout games....plus, how many games can fans afford to attend at remote locations?   

Pushing for 8 teams is all about TV money...and nothing about students, the athletes or even any particular team's fans.  The media campaign for more games is totally self-serving IMO.

images (1).jpeg

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I’m going to say it before someone else does .....is Malzahn on the Georgia sidelines??? First two plays up the gut😬

Continuing ed...long-awaited? #professionaldevelopmenthours 

Archived