Which Players are Leaving?

AUght2win

Those close to the program or with any knowledge, come forth. Otherwise, let's speculate. My guesses...

Stidham (Draft)

Kam Martin (Transfer)

Cannella (Transfer)

Asa Martin (Transfer)

Malik Willis (Transfer)

Derrick Brown (Draft)

Jamel Dean (Draft) 

Others who I think are on the fence:

Davidson and Coe (Draft) - I think they need another yead so they'll stay. I am betting they saw what happened with Holland going undrafted and would be scared to jump early. 

Javaris Davis (Draft) - I think he stays because he isn't a physical specimen. Hone your skills another year, get some hype, then go. 

Jeremih Dinson (Draft) - virtually same as Javaris.

Joey Gatewood (Transfer) - has to be disappointed he didn't even get redshirt reps.

Everybody keeps saying our front seven and defense will be decimated this offseason. I don't see it. The D Line will be back and while #57 and #49 are big losses, Britt looks ready and T-Will will coach up a guy like McBryde or Wooten or McClain to be SEC caliber too. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Kam Martin (Transfer)

If he doesn't then he's a moron

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Jamel Dean (Draft) 

You think so? I'm not so sure. Wouldn't blame him.

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Davidson and Coe (Draft) - I think they need another yead so they'll stay. I am betting they saw what happened with Holland going undrafted and would be scared to jump early. 

I think they need another year too. However, I said the same about Holland and got blasted.

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Joey Gatewood (Transfer) - has to be disappointed he didn't even get redshirt reps.

Probably waits for the competition at least.

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Davidson is a much more complete and NFL ready D-Lineman than Holland. I cannot see him staying, especially given both starting DTs are gone.

Coe I believe will stay.

Asa Martin (Transfer)

I can't see that. Most true Freshman RBs don't leave.

Jamel Dean (Draft)

Dean certainly has NFL talent, but is he Top 2-3 Round talent now? I don't see it. But neither was Holland and he left.

Everybody keeps saying our front seven and defense will be decimated this offseason. I don't see it.

I do. Losing both DTs, both LBs and likely Davidson = run-gash coming.

2 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

17 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don't know he got cucked pretty hard with the redshirt situation stealing eligibility from him.

Bryan Matthews said on radio in past few weeks that he thought Davidson was  75% probable to leave. That was always his plan.
Interestingly, he and Tate both think there's a good chance(not definite) that Coe will return.
I could easily see both Kam and Asa transfer. Kam for playing time and Asa for whatever led to him being buried on the bench.
Willis I would think is dependent on whether or not a grad transfer comes in. If they do, he's probably not going to be getting any real playing time going forward.

This is my opinion and only based on what I think and would advise if I were being asked to give guidance to said player.  

There is no one on the team with remaining eligibility that should leave early.    Unless they are currently underperforming and not using all their talent, no one would make an nfl team roster.   

As far as guys wanting to transfer,  I don’t see anyone that could transfer being able to start for any other SEC team.   Lower level school, maybe, but if that’s the case they aren’t going to contribute to AU anyway.   

38 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Davidson is a much more complete and NFL ready D-Lineman than Holland. I cannot see him staying, especially given both starting DTs are gone.

I reviewed several draft websites last night, and there a ton of high quality D Lineman. Brown is prominently mentioned as a high draft pick, but Davidson and Coe are not on most top 25 list at their positions. Dean and Prince Tega are highly regarded, as is Stidham. 

Jamel Dean is gone, I think. 6'2" CBs don't grow on trees. 

Jarrett Stidham should either come back for one more year or transfer to a program where he can play another year. He's not ready.

Bo Nix should seriously reconsider opening his recruiting.

11 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I don't care how tall he is, his cover skills don't appear to be that good.

You don't care how tall he is but NFL teams very much care how tall he is.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I reviewed several draft websites last night, and there a ton of high quality D Lineman. Brown is prominently mentioned as a high draft pick, but Davidson and Coe are not on most top 25 list at their positions. Dean and Prince Tega are highly regarded, as is Stidham. 

Are you sure those have been updated? I think it is walter football or one of those that uses recruiting rankings to rank players waaaay too far in advance. They ranked Cowart as a Top 10 pick when he was a sophomore at Auburn. No joke. 

I can't see Tega getting any scouting love. He is too raw. I could see an NFL team taking a flyer on Stidham in rounds 5-7.

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Coe I believe will stay.

Dean certainly has NFL talent, but is he Top 2-3 Round talent now? I don't see it. But neither was Holland and he left.

I do. Losing both DTs, both LBs and likely Davidson = run-gash coming.

Davidson can't rush the passer. A run stopping DE isn't going high in the draft. Needs to stay and move inside or develop his pass rush skills. 

I think Dean should stay but that he won't. Asa has legitimate reason to leave. No offense to Malik Miller but they played Malik Miller ahead of him. Our staff is talent-blind.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Those close to the program or with any knowledge, come forth. Otherwise, let's speculate. My guesses...

Stidham (Draft)

Kam Martin (Transfer)

Cannella (Transfer)

Asa Martin (Transfer)

Malik Willis (Transfer)

Derrick Brown (Draft)

Jamel Dean (Draft) 

Others who I think are on the fence:

Javaris Davis (Draft) - I think he stays because he isn't a physical specimen. Hone your skills another year, get some hype, then go. 

Jeremih Dinson (Draft) - virtually same as Javaris.

Everybody keeps saying our front seven and defense will be decimated this offseason. I don't see it. The D Line will be back and while #57 and #49 are big losses, Britt looks ready and T-Will will coach up a guy like McBryde or Wooten or McClain to be SEC caliber too. 

Cannella - He emerged as the tall possession receiver this year. He will never be an NFL TE, so he has to develop as a WR. At the same time, he is not the prototypical fast WR. He might get better stats at a school with fewer young WRs who would use him as the possession WR. But that still means only a few targets a game. However, we will have 8 other WRs returning.

Malik Willis - Again, not sure he would start except at an FCS option school. But if we get Kelly Bryant, I would expect Willis to transfer.

Joey Gatewood - I honestly think he was never a fit. Too raw. Needs a QB developer. Should go to a junior college with a spread option to get some reps.

Kam Martin, Asa Martin, and Malik Miller. Kam probably transfers. Asa would burn another year unless he goes JUCO or FCS. We need three RBs because we need to rotate two and there is always a chance of injury, so I can't see Asa Martin and Malik Miller both transfer.

We were not a good team this year, so the idea of players who are not even third-team SEC declaring for the draft is probably not going to work out well.

1 hour ago, The Six said:

Jarrett Stidham should either come back for one more year or transfer to a program where he can play another year. He's not ready.

Best case a new OC comes in and builds an offense around Bo Nix and the WR corps and he gets high visibility.

Worst case Bo Nix gets a new regime in 2020 who takes advantage of his talents, or he transfers.

I honestly don't see a downside for Nix keeping his commitment to Auburn.

I can't see Tega getting any scouting love. He is too raw. I could see an NFL team taking a flyer on Stidham in rounds 5-7.

I don't disagree, but the NFL is very big on measurables. And Tega would get much better coaching in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Cannella - He emerged as the tall possession receiver this year. He will never be an NFL TE, so he has to develop as a WR. At the same time, he is not the prototypical fast WR. He might get better stats at a school with fewer young WRs who would use him as the possession WR. But that still means only a few targets a game. However, we will have 8 other WRs returning.

Malik Willis - Again, not sure he would start except at an FCS option school. But if we get Kelly Bryant, I would expect Willis to transfer.

Joey Gatewood - I honestly think he was never a fit. Too raw. Needs a QB developer. Should go to a junior college with a spread option to get some reps.

Kam Martin, Asa Martin, and Malik Miller. Kam probably transfers. Asa would burn another year unless he goes JUCO or FCS. We need three RBs because we need to rotate two and there is always a chance of injury, so I can't see Asa Martin and Malik Miller both transfer.

We were not a good team this year, so the idea of players who are not even third-team SEC declaring for the draft is probably not going to work out well.

Asa would spend his redshirt during his transfer year. He would still have 3 years of eligibility wherever he goes.

1 hour ago, The Six said:

Bo is not going anywhere.

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

Thread doesn't sit well with me.

Carry on.

You sure it's not the 4 day old turkey?

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

You sure it's not the 4 day old turkey?

We try our dangdest on turkey recipes year after year. But no matter what we can not make it taste better than a ham.

41 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

We try iur dangdest on turkey recipes year after year. But no matter what we can not make it taste better than a ham.

My wife actually does a great turkey but nothing beats Christmas ham!!!

Archived