Which Players are Leaving?

AUght2win

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Yeah, I don't remember Trott the way most on here do.  Comparing his recruiting hype to his production (blocking and receiving) he's the most over rated recruit to actually start and play at Auburn that I can remember.  But, I was at the Cotton Bowl and watched him get abused by Nebraska's defensive ends and LB's.  Not a fan of his to say the least.

Didn't his love affair from the Auburn base originate from blowing people up on kick offs?   I could be totally mistaken.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Didn't his love affair from the Auburn base originate from blowing people up on kick offs?   I could be totally mistaken.

I think he was a legacy and that’s how he came in as a fan favorite.  Did OK, just never really lived up to the hype.

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

With all due respect, what system?

🤷‍♂️

Whether you were in the Gus camp or Chip camp it’s still Gus’s offense for the most part and a lot of the reads and calls are going to be the same.  Chip added a couple wrinkles to the passing game but the base offense is Gus’s.  So he’s been in Gus’s system for a year.

Mannn Trott dropped more passes than Canella, Ricardo Louis, and Sammie Coates combined lol. I swear I remember thinking he had naked pictures of Tuberville or even Borges (oh please no) to be getting so many targets

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I think he was a legacy and that’s how he came in as a fan favorite.  Did OK, just never really lived up to the hype.

I don't think he did OK. He is the ultimate case of why skill players should be required to wear gloves.

41 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don't think he did OK. He is the ultimate case of why skill players should be required to wear gloves.

Fair enough.  I remember one big game catch he finally had over the middle and as he was racing for the touchdown...he fumbled the ball.

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Fair enough.  I remember one big game catch he finally had over the middle and as he was racing for the touchdown...he fumbled the ball.

Was that against Georgia? Him and Cooper Wallace (who was a solid TE) had a weird habit of running downfield and having their own knees come to high up and knock the ball loose! I remember Cooper in one game running for a touchdown and the ball suddenly flying STRAIGHT up in the air!

6 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Pretty sure you're thinking of defensive end Craig Sanders?  Great straight line speed and made a lot of tackles on KO team, but never really clicked on defense.  Trott wouldn't hit water if he fell off a boat.

Who's the dummy that even brought up Tommy Trott to begin with?  :whistle:

He should be scoffed, pointed at and ridiculed!!! :nonono:

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Pretty sure you're thinking of defensive end Craig Sanders?  Great straight line speed and made a lot of tackles on KO team, but never really clicked on defense.  Trott wouldn't hit water if he fell off a boat.

you are correct, thank you.

6 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I still remember one catch he made his Freshman year against Florida in 2006 and he got crushed by a Florida defender and fumbled the ball. The good news however is that the fumble didn't hurt us and we ended up getting a safety out of it.

Lol, look at how he was running with the ball on the replay:

20 hours ago, auburnphan said:

14 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Craig Sanders is the Wade Christopher of special teams except not sarcastically. 

When Trott did catch the ball he was looking for a place to fall. The defense didn’t even need to cover him unless he went deep or the red zone. He tackled himself. 

I actually grew up with Trott and played with and against him in multiple sports. He was just a big guy who’s dad played at Auburn. He benefited from having a big frame and playing against woefully undersized competition. His older brother was 10x the athlete and I was always shocked that little bro got the scholarship offer instead of big brother. 

Jalen was a great pass catcher in high school. Fluid, well above average hands, and ran solid routes. He always looked like a receiver in a DE’s body to me. Unfortunately he blocked like a receiver in a DE’s body too. Weird how the script flipped when he got to AU. 

9 minutes ago, chimes said:

Jalen was a great pass catcher in high school. Fluid, well above average hands, and ran solid routes. He always looked like a receiver in a DE’s body to me. Unfortunately he blocked like a receiver in a DE’s body too. Weird how the script flipped when he got to AU. 

Huh. Either I misremember his recruitment a little, his recruiting info was off, or both. Probably both.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Huh. Either I misremember his recruitment a little, his recruiting info was off, or both. Probably both.

I’m just referring to what I saw with my own eyes. Never watched any tape on him

1 minute ago, chimes said:

I’m just referring to what I saw with my own eyes. Never watched any tape on him

Well, a couple other people in addition to you had higher praise for his playmaking ability than what I remember. But yeah, I'm going to tell everyone that you said Jalen Harris is the next OJ Howard. Just a heads up. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, a couple other people in addition to you had higher praise for his playmaking ability than what I remember. But yeah, I'm going to tell everyone that you said Jalen Harris is the next OJ Howard. Just a heads up. 

Hahahaha please no. Saw OJ a good bit in HS too and poor Jalen just doesn’t quite match up.

18 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I still remember one catch he made his Freshman year against Florida in 2006 and he got crushed by a Florida defender and fumbled the ball. The good news however is that the fumble didn't hurt us and we ended up getting a safety out of it.

Lol, look at how he was running with the ball on the replay:

Hard not to keep watching that game. Tubs completely ripped into the D at halftime and it was a completely different game after that. My sister was at that game and said it was the loudest she'd been to (at that point).

1 minute ago, fortworthtiger said:

Hard not to keep watching that game. Tubs completely ripped into the D at halftime and it was a completely different game after that. My sister was at that game and said it was the loudest she'd been to (at that point).

Was there too with my dad. Couldnt hear a dang thing from my ears ringing it got so loud at times

• 3 weeks later...

Truesdale has looked ready to play this season. I’m fine with him at a DT spot. Coe and Big Kat will be the two ends if Marlon leaves. Need to find another DT, but I do think Garner has done a really nice job with getting Tyrone Truesdale ready to play SEC football. 

Archived