Which Players are Leaving?

AUght2win

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No he didn't.

I don't recall that either. However, i think he will. He has a high grade and just recently became a father. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn’t surprise me if Brown and Tega also declare and Marlon Davidson hangs back. 

Hoping for just Brown declaring and Tega and Davidson hanging back. 

50 minutes ago, alexava said:

I didn’t think Dean would go either. 

It’s unpleasant losing him but not a surprise. I feel like he should’ve hung back but to each his own. I pretty much think like Saban, if you’re first or second round grade, go ahead, if not, hang back and earn a bigger payday tbe next year. His injury history is going to be a red flag so might as well try to put more distance from his knee injuries and the draft. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s unpleasant losing him but not a surprise. I feel like he should’ve hung back but to each his own. I pretty much think like Saban, if you’re first or second round grade, go ahead, if not, hang back and earn a bigger payday tbe next year. His injury history is going to be a red flag so might as well try to put more distance from his knee injuries and the draft. 

The question is always do you think next year you're going to up your stock? I don't see him or tega really doing that to be honest, I'd probably go now too. They are going to get drafted off of measurables and potential anyway, the older you are is strikes against you

Oh and also how deep a class is, I think I read that the o tackle class isn't that deep this year and I don't know about corners but besides the guy from LSU and Michigan I can't think of too many elite guys being talked about

At the trophy ceremony yesterday, Derick Brown and Marlon Davidson were up on the stage with the seniors and Jarrett Stidham.  If I were to guess both would declare.  

Would be a huge mistake for Davidson to go pro. He's too slow for DE in the NFL. My God just look at Jeff Holland and learn . He was a terror in the sec and couldn't even get drafted. Brown is a 2-3 rounder. Prince- was surprised to hear his name. He's still does not have lots of football under his belt. One more season would do him well. 

Based on our recent history of tackle development I do not believe Tega would be drafted in the top 4 rounds. 5-7 would be the rounds I would guess he would be considered.  

On 11/25/2018 at 5:55 PM, AUght2win said:

Those close to the program or with any knowledge, come forth. Otherwise, let's speculate. My guesses...

Stidham (Draft)

Kam Martin (Transfer)

Cannella (Transfer)

Asa Martin (Transfer)

Malik Willis (Transfer)

Derrick Brown (Draft)

Jamel Dean (Draft) 

Others who I think are on the fence:

Davidson and Coe (Draft) - I think they need another yead so they'll stay. I am betting they saw what happened with Holland going undrafted and would be scared to jump early. 

Javaris Davis (Draft) - I think he stays because he isn't a physical specimen. Hone your skills another year, get some hype, then go. 

Jeremih Dinson (Draft) - virtually same as Javaris.

Joey Gatewood (Transfer) - has to be disappointed he didn't even get redshirt reps.

Everybody keeps saying our front seven and defense will be decimated this offseason. I don't see it. The D Line will be back and while #57 and #49 are big losses, Britt looks ready and T-Will will coach up a guy like McBryde or Wooten or McClain to be SEC caliber too. 

You're quite a bit trigger happy on those transfer guys. Not everybody that doesn't get a starting position handed to them transfers. Many actually stay where they are and fight to move up the depth chart. Most transfers are rising seniors that will graduate and look to play one full season at a lower level. A few underclassmen do wimp out, but they are a distinct minority.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You're quite a bit trigger happy on those transfer guys. Not everybody that doesn't get a starting position handed to them transfers. Many actually stay where they are and fight to move up the depth chart. Most transfers are rising seniors that will graduate and look to play one full season at a lower level. A few underclassmen do wimp out, but they are a distinct minority.

Whoa, totally not true.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Also, keep in mind, Canella and Kam Martin approached Gus mid-season about wanting to transfer due to lack of PT and use. 

Just now, AUght2win said:

Also, keep in mind, Canella and Kam Martin approached Gus mid-season about wanting to transfer due to lack of PT and use. 

Who told you that? I've never heard of a minute's gripe from either one of those guys. I don't believe it and won't unless it's verified from someone other than a member of the Bash Brigade. This sounds like more of their hogwash.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Who told you that? I've never heard of a minute's gripe from either one of those guys. I don't believe it and won't unless it's verified from someone other than a member of the Bash Brigade. This sounds like more of their hogwash.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/09/2_auburn_contributors_decide_a.html

I think this calls for an apology.

17 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yep everything that is posted in the news and Al.com are correct. Dang son can’t believe people try to use news reported to prove that they are right. Abraham Lincoln once said not everything on the internet is true 

18 minutes ago, BIG poppy58 said:

Yep everything that is posted in the news and Al.com are correct. Dang son can’t believe people try to use news reported to prove that they are right. Abraham Lincoln once said not everything on the internet is true 

So that's not true??

43 minutes ago, BIG poppy58 said:

The only thing scarier than people who believe EVERYTHING the media reports, are the people that believe NOTHING the media reports.

Don't be either kind of sheep. 

44 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The only thing scarier than people who believe EVERYTHING the media reports, are the people that believe NOTHING the media reports.

Don't be either kind of sheep. 

I didn't hear Cam or Sal say it so what is there to believe or not to believe again?

28 minutes ago, creed said:

I didn't hear Cam or Sal say it so what is there to believe or not to believe again?

Oh you didn't personally hear them say that so it didn't happen? Do you believe the Gettysburg address happened or nah?

Honestly, guys. Do ya'll really believe this isn't true? It isn't even that big of a story. They decided to stay. It just mentions they were considering using the new transfer rule. Who would make up such a mildly interesting story and why?

Archived