Which Players are Leaving?

AUght2win

22 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Who would make up such a mildly interesting story and why?

Because they know we would make a thread on it and talk about it for at least two months.  :laugh:

FYI Kam has said he will return if you wanted to update your post.  

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Todd McShaes draft board had him#6 overall

This is true....I remember recently Cory lemonior I think was a projected 1st round and that failed miserably listening to these guys

I wish we could go back to the good old days where a player played all 4-5 years before any NFL aspirations took place.

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Oh you didn't personally hear them say that so it didn't happen? Do you believe the Gettysburg address happened or nah?

Honestly, guys. Do ya'll really believe this isn't true? It isn't even that big of a story. They decided to stay. It just mentions they were considering using the new transfer rule. Who would make up such a mildly interesting story and why?

You're right it's not that big of story, and I give more credit to stories that are corroborated by multiple news sources versus one writer from al.com.

2 minutes ago, creed said:

You're right it's not that big of story, and I give more credit to stories that are corroborated by multiple news sources versus one writer from al.com.

The burden of proof is now on you to show evidence that this is a totally made up conspiracy. Good luck.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The burden of proof is now on you to show evidence that this is a totally made up conspiracy. Good luck.

Can I use unnamed sources like the writer? 😁

2 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

I stand corrected! I am shocked to see anyone list him that high. Although if he does leave I hope it is as a Top 10 pick. Most boards (Mel Kiper) I have seen have him listed in the 20s or not at all. It is a really deep DL class headlined by Quinnen Williams, Dexter Lawrence, and Ed Oliver.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812492-2019-nfl-mock-draft-early-predictions-for-top-32-prospects

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

It doesn't call for an apology. I said I wouldn't believe it until I saw it from someone other than a member of the Bash Brigade. Not real sure that AL.com falls outside of the Bash Brigade, but I'll accept it as possibly valid.

You do owe me an apology for causing me to click on an AL.com link. :)  I try to avoid the bamzo press at all costs.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

It doesn't call for an apology. I said I wouldn't believe it until I saw it from someone other than a member of the Bash Brigade. Not real sure that AL.com falls outside of the Bash Brigade, but I'll accept it as possibly valid.

You do owe me an apology for causing me to click on an AL.com link. :)  I try to avoid the bamzo press at all costs.

I get being skeptical about the MSM, but automatically discounting a printed story just because you don't like it is Orwellian. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

I get being skeptical about the MSM, but automatically discounting a printed story just because you don't like it is Orwellian. 

I learned a lot about the print media during the contrived Cam Newton "scandal". A scandal that never existed and that none of those writing false information ever apologized for. There were hundreds of false articles written and aired.

I did say I accept your story as possibly true. Sometimes those things are true, even if they come from Al.com.  Just remember, if Al.com has a chance to injure Auburn, they will do it.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I learned a lot about the print media during the contrived Cam Newton "scandal". A scandal that never existed and that none of those writing false information ever apologized for. There were hundreds of false articles written and aired.

I did say I accept your story as possibly true. Sometimes those things are true, even if they come from Al.com.  Just remember, if Al.com has a chance to injure Auburn, they will do it.

The Cam scandal never existed? His Dad admitted to seeking money. All that was written on Cecil Newton and Mississippi State has been corroborated by all involved. Just because Auburn was never proven to be in the wrong or guilty of anything doesn't mean the whole thing was made up.

That's my problem with discounting the MSM entirely. Rarely, if ever, is a story completely made up. 

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

His Dad admitted to seeking money.

No, that's 100% wrong. His dad was approached by a "representative of MSU's athletic interests" (Kenny Rogers) who offered money. Cam's dad made the mistake of listening and not reporting the incident, but refused to accept any money. There was no mention of money on Cam's visits to Auburn, Oklahoma or Tennessee. That was thoroughly investigated. Cecil Newton wasn't seeking money. If you think otherwise you didn't follow the situation closely enough.

Cam and Auburn were smeared by a blood thirsty press when nobody at AU or in Cam's family did the least little thing wrong, other than not report MSU's offer. The press is not to be trusted. They are after the fastest scoop that will generate the most clicks and the truth be dammed.

It’s gotta count in Mikey’s favor that Kam Martin shut down any speculation that he’s transferring. He says he’s not worried about splitting carries. 

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-running-back-Kam-Martin-addresses-rumors-about-his-future-126980097/

So mark that one off the list. I’d say Javaris Davis, Dinson, and Coe are complete speculation as well. None of those guys has said they’re seriously entertaining the option. Getting your draft report isn’t the same thing as strongly considering the draft. I expect all three back. 

The major pieces left are Brown, Tega, and Davidson. After that, no one will transfer until spring ball. I kinda expect one of the QBs to go, but that’s not based on anything beyond depth chart staring. 

Brown is the only one who should go. I hope like hell he doesn’t. But realistically he’s going. No other players are ready. Tega damn sure ain’t. I love Davidson. He can play but still not Jeff Holland good. He’s a 6-7 round pick at best. 

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

No, that's 100% wrong. His dad was approached by a "representative of MSU's athletic interests" (Kenny Rogers) who offered money. Cam's dad made the mistake of listening and not reporting the incident, but refused to accept any money. There was no mention of money on Cam's visits to Auburn, Oklahoma or Tennessee. That was thoroughly investigated. Cecil Newton wasn't seeking money. If you think otherwise you didn't follow the situation closely enough.

Cam and Auburn were smeared by a blood thirsty press when nobody at AU or in Cam's family did the least little thing wrong, other than not report MSU's offer. The press is not to be trusted. They are after the fastest scoop that will generate the most clicks and the truth be dammed.

Cam's dad broke the rules. The NCAA reinstated Cam because he had no knowledge of his dad's actions. The NCAA has since changed the rules so regardless of whether a player knows about their guardian's actions, if someone representing them listen to offers for financial gain, then the player will be ruled ineligible going forward and won't get reinstated like Cam did.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/ncaa_adopts_cecil_newton_rule.html

Under NCAA Bylaw 12, the rule now states that:

" ... an agent is any individual who, directly or indirectly, represents or attempts to represent an individual for the purpose of marketing his or her athletics ability or reputation for financial gain ..."

The NCAA also told Auburn to limit Cecil Newton's access because of his actions and Auburn agreed.

In conjunction with the case, Auburn University has limited the access Newton’s father has to the athletics program and Mississippi State has disassociated the involved individual.

“The conduct of Cam Newton’s father and the involved individual is unacceptable and has no place in the SEC or in intercollegiate athletics,” said Mike Slive, Southeastern Conference Commissioner. “The actions taken by Auburn University and Mississippi State University make it clear this behavior will not be tolerated in the SEC.”

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/PressArchive/2010/20101201+cam+newton+rls.htm

I think of all of the 4 thinking about leaving for the NFL, DB will be the first to do so. I hope Davidson & Tega will come back in that another season should improve their stock. What is the last day they can declare for the draft ?  

5 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Cam's dad broke the rules. The NCAA reinstated Cam because he had no knowledge of his dad's actions. The NCAA has since changed the rules so regardless of whether a player knows about their guardian's actions, if someone representing them listen to offers for financial gain, then the player will be ruled ineligible going forward and won't get reinstated like Cam did.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/ncaa_adopts_cecil_newton_rule.html

The NCAA also told Auburn to limit Cecil Newton's access because of his actions and Auburn agreed.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/PressArchive/2010/20101201+cam+newton+rls.htm

Cecil Newton broke one rule: failing to report the improper contact by an MSU representative. For that he was not allowed into the locker room. Serious punishment, that... There are DVD's galore out there showing Cecil hugging Cam on the AU sidelines after the BCS championship win, so nobody took Cecil's the slap on the wrist very seriously.

Yet for this minor infraction, Auburn and Cam were both smeared in the media, both print and television, for months. Not a one of those liars ever came forward and admitted they made a mistake, they don't have the guts. If there is ever a good example of why to not trust today's media, it's the Cam Newton fiasco.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Cecil Newton broke one rule: failing to report the improper contact by an MSU representative. For that he was not allowed into the locker room. Serious punishment, that... There are DVD's galore out there showing Cecil hugging Cam on the AU sidelines after the BCS championship win, so nobody took Cecil's the slap on the wrist very seriously.

Yet for this minor infraction, Auburn and Cam were both smeared in the media, both print and television, for months. Not a one of those liars ever came forward and admitted they made a mistake, they don't have the guts. If there is ever a good example of why to not trust today's media, it's the Cam Newton fiasco.

Now what exactly are your sources? I thought it had been universally confirmed Cecil sought payment at MSU. I have never heard the angle that he refused the offer yet just forgot to report it. 

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Now what exactly are your sources? I thought it had been universally confirmed Cecil sought payment at MSU. I have never heard the angle that he refused the offer yet just forgot to report it. 

My sources are what was revealed at the time during the NCAA investigation.  It was universally CLAIMED that Cecil sought money, "shopped" Cam around everywhere they visited and so forth. It was also universally CLAIMED that since MSU offered $180,000 Auburn must have paid more. That was the media desperately seeking clicks and views without regard to the truth. All that was disproved during the NCAA's investigation.

Cecil didn't forget to report it, he failed to report it. Why is anybody's guess. Could have been anything between he didn't think it was important to Cecil not wanting to get involved in some ensuing hassle. Had he reported it promptly the blame and some serious penalties would have fallen on MSU.

Just now, alexava said:

Cecil admitted he sought money from moo st.

In what context? I've never seen that. Now, it's possible that he admitted something just to get the mess over with, but I didn't see it and I followed the situation very closely. Why didn't he ask for money at AU, Oklahoma or Tennessee? Tennessee in particular would have had reason to skewer Auburn if they had knowledge.

Archived