Which Players are Leaving?

AUght2win

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If you read a thread then you can see exactly where and why the conversation turned to any given topic. 

I was involved and still can’t remember how it started. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Not if they keep "playing" at Auburn, that's for sure

Let’s not pretend that Kam hasn’t been afforded every opportunity to better his draft stock. Cannella, you may have a point as we don’t use TEs much, but he knew that and he did decide to come back. Gus did not twist his arm. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That's better than achieving your dreams, huh? Being "welcomed back" by fans who did nothing but question your ability to play football the entire time you were here? 

Yikes. Bash Brigade Brigadier General Mcloofus is on a roll today 

To put everything about Cam to bed and get us back on topic, let me clarify. Mikey challenged an assertion I made about Kam and Sal considering a transfer at midseason. I provided proof of their transfer thoughts with an article. He called bunk on everything the MSM has to say, including the Cam Newton saga. That led us down this rabbit hole.

I will fully admit that I am skeptical of most earth-shattering reports from a MSM source. On big stories where agendas are at play, I believe truth is usually somewhere in the middle. However, to automatically discount a story that makes one uncomfortable or doesn't paint your affiliations in a good light is not only childish, it's anti-intellectual. It makes any reasonable conversation impossible.

Hell, taking the automatic MSM distrust to the extreme, I could posit that Auburn didn't lose any games this year, but rather the ESPN/ABC/MSM machine doctored footage from our games and only made it appear that we lost. See how insane it sounds to just automatically discount something because it's from the MSM (where we get almost ALL of our information in modern day American society), despite having no proof that there's a conspiracy going on?!

I get it, guys, I do. Don't trust EVERYTHING you see/hear. But damn. If you distrusted everything, you would be certifiably insane.

6 hours ago, keesler said:

Bobby was indeed 10x the athlete of Tommy.  And like the Eddins' (Bart), Tommy was given an AU scholarship due to legacy even though they both played against woefully undersized competition having played on a low level private school team.

Exactly. Glad I’m not the only one who thought this.

On 12/11/2018 at 8:39 AM, aujeff11 said:

Zackly!!! Gatewood is tbe truth. 

I don't understand why so many people want to move Gatewood to TE, a position  that is harely utilized in Gus' offense.

13 hours ago, alexava said:

No he got caught because when he got online the IP address was identified as the stolen laptop and led police right to him. He made a good story about buying from a swindler. I love Cam but I’m not that naive. Just because they didn’t have evidence to charge him with theft, he got charged with receiving stolen property. 

Lol, no, that's not how any of this works at all. Holy hell that's some super awesome incorrect info. 

This is a face palm groan $hitty CBS csi level stuff. 

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

He didn't do himself any favors to the public by looking guilty af there 

But whatever they aren't vacating crap from us so no qualms from me 

No, he didn't. I fully agree with everything you said.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I don't understand why so many people want to move Gatewood to TE, a position  that is harely utilized in Gus' offense.

Me either. Especially after watching him in the bowl game. Nix and Willis better bring their A game, because Gatewood sure will. 

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wait, so you 100% believe what some say without proof but 100% question others without proof?

I believe what the UF Student Honor Court determined and what the local papers wrote and the Gainesville police reports 100% over the blathering of the wolfpack that was after Cam and AU. Yes indeed I do!

13 hours ago, alexava said:

Why do you believe the cops were searching for something else and accidentally caught him throwing a computer out the window when the fact is they came for the stolen computer?

They may have been searching for the computer. That part escapes my memory. However, that has no bearing on whether Cam bought the computer or not.

25 minutes ago, alexava said:

I read that article at the time. "Faces charges" means nothing. Cam did no jail time and was fully reinstated with the university. Go look for an article that's current to the end of the issue down there, not some story that came out before the issue was sorted out. The final resolution discredits everything that article implies.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I read that article at the time. "Faces charges" means nothing. Cam did no jail time and was fully reinstated with the university. Go look for an article that's current to the end of the issue down there, not some story that came out before the issue was sorted out. The final resolution discredits everything that article implies.

You just can’t possibly be wrong about anything can you? Damn, I mean.... That article didn’t imply anything. It stated facts that Cam himself admitted.( I could post a link of the video of him telling the story , but others are getting tired of this discussion and I don’t blame them) He avoided the more serious charges because they had no physical evidence he stole it himself. All the circumstances lead a logical thinker to conclude he did steal it himself. He got D1 qb treatment in them dropping the charge. Urban Meyer has quite the luck when it comes to LE and criminal prosecution. 

10 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Because if used right, he would be the next Jimmy Graham

On 12/30/2018 at 8:46 AM, Mikey said:

No, that's 100% wrong. His dad was approached by a "representative of MSU's athletic interests" (Kenny Rogers) who offered money. Cam's dad made the mistake of listening and not reporting the incident, but refused to accept any money. There was no mention of money on Cam's visits to Auburn, Oklahoma or Tennessee. That was thoroughly investigated. Cecil Newton wasn't seeking money. If you think otherwise you didn't follow the situation closely enough.

Cam and Auburn were smeared by a blood thirsty press when nobody at AU or in Cam's family did the least little thing wrong, other than not report MSU's offer. The press is not to be trusted. They are after the fastest scoop that will generate the most clicks and the truth be dammed.

This is 100% accurate to the T. 

Cam also bought the laptop but pretty much knew it was hot. Admitted his mistake and everyone moved on. 

10 hours ago, milehighfan said:

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Because if used right, he would be the next Jimmy Graham

And it's possible that Gus really has been waiting for the right guy to start using the position again. Somebody mentioned the other day that two of our most promising prospects of the last several years never got to play a down for us. And whether true or not, there is plenty of reason for a lot of us to believe that it's extremely difficult for any skill player to earn Gus's trust.

Gatewood would be uncoverable, would provide a big catch radius, and be very difficult to tackle after the catch. And TE is an increasingly valuable and versatile position in the NFL. Graham, Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Howard... there's a new name every year. Hell, CJ Uzomah had 43 catches on 64 targets this year. Lutz would have gotten drafted if he'd left after 2010. There is a path, even under Gus. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

And it's possible that Gus really has been waiting for the right guy to start using the position again. Somebody mentioned the other day that two of our most promising prospects of the last several years never got to play a down for us. And whether true or not, there is plenty of reason for a lot of us to believe that it's extremely difficult for any skill player to earn Gus's trust.

Gatewood would be uncoverable, would provide a big catch radius, and be very difficult to tackle after the catch. And TE is an increasingly valuable and versatile position in the NFL. Graham, Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Howard... there's a new name every year. Hell, CJ Uzomah had 43 catches on 64 targets this year. Lutz would have gotten drafted if he'd left after 2010. There is a path, even under Gus. 

Give the boy some live, real reps and QB and see what happens. Marshall didn't light it up at practice either and look how that turned out. Hell neither did Cam Newton at practice. I'm not saying Gatewood will be either of those two but I'm not sure with the way Gus likes to practice that we really know how good Gatewood is. Trotter looked better than Cam at practice. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Give the boy some live, real reps and QB and see what happens. Marshall didn't light it up at practice either and look how that turned out. Hell neither did Cam Newton at practice. I'm not saying Gatewood will be either of those two but I'm not sure with the way Gus likes to practice that we really know how good Gatewood is. Trotter looked better than Cam at practice. 

Oh, I don't disagree. Just providing ideas why he might be a good TE candidate and possible reasons why Gus hasn't targeted the TE position recently. 

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Cam also bought the laptop but pretty much knew it was hot.

Pretty sure a kid from College Park didn't see anything super unusual about purchasing from a non-traditional retailer. As a former ATLien, I can assure everyone that the secondary market for electronics is thriving in Atlanta, and has been for some time. 

Here is what happened:

A4E framed Cam with the laptop in part of his master plan to get Cam to Auburn.  When Miss St looked like a contender, he had to help out his buddy Gus and finish the deal.   Now everybody can thank A4E for the National Championship and maybe someday he will get his statue outside the stadium that he deserves.

53 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

From the little I saw of him in the bowl game, he arguably runs the read-option better than Malik already.  Seems to have a firmer grasp on when to hand it off, when to keep it, and how long to hold the fake for to draw in defenders.

Archived