Which Players are Leaving?

AUght2win

Coates and Ricardo did not have the greatest things to say about AU errrr Gus development of WRs and preparing them for the NFL when they were going through the NFL draft process. I doubt that changes here again with Slay. SO just be prepared for some negative articles.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Coates and Ricardo did not have the greatest things to say about AU errrr Gus development of WRs and preparing them for the NFL when they were going through the NFL draft process. I doubt that changes here again with Slay. SO just be prepared for some negative articles.

Just more hit pieces made up by the bammers at al dot cawm, PAWWWWWWWL. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just more hit pieces made up by the bammers at al dot cawm, PAWWWWWWWL. 

gumps.jpg

On 1/1/2019 at 1:14 AM, autan said:

What about Slayton?  Is there any talk of him testing waters after the game he had last Friday?

I threw this out after midnight New Years Eve. No one even acknowledged this thread except maybe Slayton. His decision certainly doesn't surprise me. If Gus returns to read option which many on this forum want to see, there would probably be fewer opportunities for DS  especially with Seth Williams, Schwartz, and Pickens. Slayton's hands are not going to suddenly get better with one more year.  Best of luck Darius.  DL is my biggest worry for players going pro early. Really hope DB and MD stay another year.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

gumps.jpg

OMG this is one of the best I've seen yet. Look at the sweat towel under the shirt. Look at the reusable shopping bag. Look at the purse on his ugly man-wife's arm. Look at her tank top. Look at how happy they are together. I would give anything to feel like they did up until they hit the 35 yard line or so and had to take a breather while Big Mama and Honey Boo Boo waddled past. 

2 minutes ago, autan said:

I through this out after midnight New Years Eve. No one even acknowledged this thread except maybe Slayton. His decision certainly doesn't surprise me. If Gus returns to read option which many on this forum want to see, there would probably be fewer opportunities for DS  especially with Seth Williams, Schwartz, and Pickens. Slayton's hands are not going to suddenly get better with one more year.  Best of luck Darius.

Next years team would be one of the worst years to return to the 2013 offense. Our biggest strength on the team is the WRs. Especially if Pickens stays in the boat. Even without him we are stacked there. That is why I think Bo or Joey G are going to be the starter. Those are the 2 best passers on our roster. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

OMG this is one of the best I've seen yet. Look at the sweat towel under the shirt. Look at the reusable shopping bag. Look at the purse on his ugly man-wife's arm. Look at her tank top. Look at how happy they are together. I would give anything to feel like they did up until they hit the 35 yard line or so and had to take a breather while Big Mama and Honey Boo Boo waddled past. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA and your description of these running of the gumps pics or gifs continues to be one of my favorite things on the whole board!! Well done loofy!!!!!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Except Gus is famous for developing WRs in their 4th year. Think about all the guys who played 3 mediocre seasons before breaking out as seniors and then got drafted high. Throw in a new QB and Slayton is basically turning down a guaranteed contract by making this terrible decision. Not to mention all the other elite WRs going in this draft that I'm sure somebody will name any minute now. 

Bash Gus Brigade!! Assemble!!!!

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA and your description of these running of the gumps pics or gifs continues to be one of my favorite things on the whole board!! Well done loofy!!!!!

Let's continue to work together to build a better tomorrow for all Auburn fans. Teamwork makes the dream work, baby!

Image result for high five gif

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Coates and Ricardo did not have the greatest things to say about AU errrr Gus development of WRs

They weren’t great receivers in their own right. 

2 hours ago, grandpajay said:

Don't forget about Hill

Yeah, don’t leave my man crush out of that list! He had a huge hit on special teams in bowl game. He’s ready to go and contribute now on the best receiving Corp we’ve had in a while!

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Let's continue to work together to build a better tomorrow for all Auburn fans. Teamwork makes the dream work, baby!

MUHHHHHHHHHHHH DUDE!!!!!!!! HECK YAH!!!!!!! Allen Greene is going to do that at the end of next season when he finally takes out the trash!!! WOOO!!!!!!!!! And then the real fun beings!!! WAR DAMN OG AG!!!!!

beal.gif

Except Gus is famous for developing WRs in their 4th year. Think about all the guys who played 3 mediocre seasons before breaking out as seniors and then got drafted high. Throw in a new QB and Slayton is basically turning down a guaranteed contract by making this terrible decision. Not to mention all the other elite WRs going in this draft that I'm sure somebody will name any minute now. 

Suck Up Squad!! Assemble!!!!

giphy.gif

latest?cb=20080402233507

latest?cb=20080402233507

latest?cb=20080402233507

latest?cb=20080402233507

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

This system is so simplistic that WR's are completely unprepared for the NFL.  NFL WR's have to read defenses and pending on the coverage there are several differnt routes they may have to run.   We do not do this.

The only thing that Auburn WR's excel st at the next level is blocking, which is huge.

Notwithstanding the Paul Johnson offense, Demariyus Thomas did well in tbe NFL. Duke would’ve done well in tbe NFL if not for the fact that he was a head case and out of shape. 

Slayton is my man crush because of tbe long ball, but he made a stupid decision. If anything, transfer somewhere else and prove that you’re a complete receiver before darting off to the NFL.

2 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Not sure where Slayton will land. He has all the tools, but certainly had his own problems catching the ball this year. That's not Kodi's or Gus's fault.

Suck up

Lol thanks for this perfect analysis. Also it's hilarious to me when men dye/color their hair but leave the facial hair gray. Who are they fooling? I couldn't quite make out the tattoo on the guys leg but I'd bet it was Bama related. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

D. Craig was the WR coach during Coates and Louis.  We all know he is a great recruiter, but a below average coach.

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I couldn't quite make out the tattoo on the guys leg but I'd bet it was Bama related. 

Looks like it was his genetic pedigree.

main-qimg-c8f0520cb639467a7158c61470544d

MUHHHHHHHHHHHH DUDE!!!!!!!! HECK YAH!!!!!!! Allen Greene is going to do that at the end of next season when he finally takes out the trash!!! WOOO!!!!!!!!! And then the real fun beings!!! WAR DAMN OG AG!!!!!

beal.gif

Y'all making me jealous...

giphy.gif

Next years team would be one of the worst years to return to the 2013 offense. Our biggest strength on the team is the WRs. Especially if Pickens stays in the boat. Even without him we are stacked there. That is why I think Bo or Joey G are going to be the starter. Those are the 2 best passers on our roster. 

Based on the high school video I have seen, Sandberg is a good passer. Stats wise, Sandberg high school passing performance is far ahead of Gatewood's or Willis'.

Joey Gatewood
8.6 pass attempts per game. 3,216 career passing yards. 61.7% completion rate. 96.4 QB rating.
9.6 rushing carries per game. 3,391 career rushing yards. 7.0 yards per carry.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/joey-gatewood/MJdJCCQpEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Cord Sandberg
16.9 pass attempts per game. 7,848 career passing yards. 72.8% completion rate. 131.7 QB rating.
8.9 rushing carries per game. 2,065 career rushing yards. 4.9 yards per carry.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/cord-sandberg/-ckVwfTxEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Malik Willis
12.0 pass attempts per game. 3,318 career passing yards. 59.3% completion rate. 106.2 QB rating.
6.8 rushing carries per game. 1,725 career rushing yards. 7.7 yards per carry.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/malik-willis/9B9_HSRpEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

MaxPreps does not yet have career stats posted for Bo Nix.

It will be an interesting QB competition, but I would not ignore Sandberg. He has the necessary talent. It may not be developed. He also has maturity, which often matters for QBs. I think he is the wild card in the QB competition.

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

This system is so simplistic that WR's are completely unprepared for the NFL.  NFL WR's have to read defenses and pending on the coverage there are several differnt routes they may have to run.   We do not do this.

And very few colleges do. Maybe Stanford. Not any of the Air Raid schools. Not any of the Power Spread schools. Very few of the "Pro Style" schools of today.

Simplicity is a feature of college football offense.

Maybe Spurrier did it. Maybe Jimbo did it some at FSU, but has anyone see this level of WR reads with Jimbo at aTm?

What the NFL looks at are measurables and coachability. You can coach how to read a DB. You cannot coach speed, either a WR has it or they don't.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

They weren’t great receivers in their own right. 

Both had bad hands and guess they were looking for excuses.   Never learned to catch reliably in the NFL either....so who should they blame?  

Archived