Which Players are Leaving?

AUght2win

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You said it doesn't mean much. To me when I say isn't important IMO we're saying the same thing. But I shouldn't speak for you and maybe you see a difference I don't.

I shouldn't even had entered the debate to be honest

It's cool. I could have worded it better. I just mean that comparatively being a guy that can run fast doesn't mean much because lots of NFL prospects can run fast. 

McLoofus is right. It isn't either-or. Slayton WILL get a shot due to his exceptional athleticism. But he is not regarded that highly as an NFL prospect. I think metafour or someone quoted a draft ranking that had Slay as the 5th highest ranked receiver. If Slay is the 5th (or sooner) taken receiver I'll rip my dick off and throw it in the river. (I contractually reserve the right to eat crow as an alternate to dick-ripping).

Come on man, there are some ladies on this forum!

10 hours ago, toddc said:

Come on man, there are some ladies on this forum!

I'm kind of surprised the mods didn't censor that yet

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What did I miss?

It wasn't terrible, so don't think someone was cussing up a storm.  It is right above todd's post (aught2win).  Just very graphic that could have been worded a little different out of respect for the women on this forum.

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It wasn't terrible, so don't think someone was cussing up a storm.  It is right above todd's post (aught2win).  Just very graphic that could have been worded a little different out of respect for the women on this forum.

Its graphic, but the creativity and enthusiasm is something to give your left testicle for. 

43 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I'm kind of surprised the mods didn't censor that yet

Wonder if he got warning points? I've got them for a lot less than that.

9 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Wonder if he got warning points? I've got them for a lot less than that.

Yeah I could see that.  You are pretty vulgar in every post I have seen from you.  Just the nastiest stuff...

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Yeah I could see that.  You are pretty vulgar in every post I have seen from you.  Just the nastiest stuff...

I bet at one time he was aboard a ship. 

I feel like some fellas are using the ladies as a shield a bit. If you're offended, just say you're offended. 

Anyway, I hope that Slayton proves him wrong but I also hope that @AUght2win doesn't, uh, make his, uh, player leave. (Btw, dude, to even further emphasize your overreaction: Meta said 12th, not 5th. Stidham is 5th.)

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like some fellas are using the ladies as a shield a bit. If you're offended, just say you're offended. 

Anyway, I hope that Slayton proves him wrong but I also hope that @AUght2win doesn't, uh, make his, uh, player leave. (Btw, dude, to even further emphasize your overreaction: Meta said 12th, not 5th. Stidham is 5th.)

Not offended at all, just think we should have a line because there are women on the site!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Not really offended either, and you well know I have no problem saying if something offends me on here.  :laugh:  Good cases in point is when I see people say something is "retarded" or make fun of disabilities I will make a point to say just that having family of my own with special needs.

Edit:  You should hear what I say to my buddies at the gym.  I make it my life's purpose to make them as uncomfortable as possible.

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not really offended either, and you well know I have no problem saying if something offends me on here.  :laugh:  Good cases in point is when I see people say something is "retarded" or make fun of disabilities I will make a point to say just that having family of my own with special needs.

My apologies to you and @toddc. I stand corrected.

I work at a hospital and there is a person in leadership here who regularly uses "the hard R", as a buddy of mine calls it. It blows me away. You work in health care!!!!!!

19 hours ago, AUght2win said:

If Slay is the 5th (or sooner) taken receiver I'll rip my dick off and throw it in the river. (I contractually reserve the right to eat crow as an alternate to dick-ripping).

Catfish would have a feast.....or, maybe a snack🤔. I’d rather not speculate further....

Lady down the street from us would make some of you blush with her language.  ....just sayin'

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Crow has never sounded so appealing. 

Surprisingly I've never had warning points....now I have had a couple you better shut the hell up or you won't be posting here inboxes, which my answer was ok 😂

Just now, cole256 said:

Surprisingly I've never had warning points....now I have had a couple you better shut the hell up or you won't be posting here inboxes, which my answer was ok 😂

Apparently I have a permanent warning point. The same one has been there since 2016.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

But your inbox is disabled or full.  :laugh:  Maybe I wanted to send you love notes.  Or words of encouragement.  You never know...

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Apparently I have a permanent warning point. The same one has been there since 2016.

It could always be worse.  I won't name names, but remember in the Fall of 2016 there was a situation where one poster got kicked for a long period of time because they were trying to fight another poster and going so far as to get an address.  Just recently started posting again too.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

42 seconds ago

Auburn DT Jauntavius Johnson now is listed in the NCAA Transfer Portal. He played 13 snaps as a junior in 2018.

I wish him the best if he does transfer.  Go find that playing time.

On 1/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, AUght2win said:

Looks like I'll have to pull out the ol' fact-stick and rap your knuckles with it. Below are the rankings from last year's combine. Couple of things to note - it isn't fully correct as Chark went in the 2nd round and Valdes-Scantling went in the 5th. However, Robert Foster showed freak athleticism and went undrafted. So did the 6th fastest player Jester Weah. And Byron Pringle. Meanwhile, you look down and see guys who are 2 tenths slower than Foster getting drafted. It is not just about athleticism at receiver. The measurables are much more important for lineman, whose athleticism, size and strength trump technique. If technique were king, Dismukes (the Remington winner!) wouldn't have gone undrafted. You just don't know what you're talking about. 

Buddy, your entire argument is devolving into whataboutism.

I never stated that running fast was some golden ticket that guaranteed you a high draft position, so I fail to see what you are "debunking".  Did you even bother to look into the background of Robert Foster? Robert Foster did virtually nothing at Alabama, battling injuries and otherwise failing to produce in his entire career.  In his draft year he caught a pathetic 14 passes for 174 yards and 1 touchdown.  In his entire CAREER he caught just 35 passes for 389 yards.  Despite virtually zero production he was still invited to the Combine, where his athleticism shined.  Yes, he still went undrafted...but wouldn't you say that his general lack of production was the primary factor? Very few if any players get drafted with as little on-field production as Foster showed, so you aren't proving anything by trying to use him as an example.  In fact, Robert Foster actually DEBUNKS your own argument.  Despite doing nothing at Alabama, and despite being undrafted, Foster not only made an NFL roster but he actually caught 27 passes for 541 yards and 3 touchdowns as a rookie for the Bills.  At ~20 yards per reception, he proved to be an extremely dangerous deep threat.....BECAUSE OF HIS ATHLETICISM.  He was more productive in his rookie season in the NFL than he was in his entire collegiate career, and the only reason why he even got a shot to play in the NFL in the first place was because of his athletic upside, not because he showed some extreme "technical" ability in his otherwise completely forgettable collegiate career LMAO.

The reason why Slayton is intriguing is because the NFL is always in high demand for receivers who can stretch the field and create separation.  Its why brick-handed Sammie Coates went in the 3rd round.  That "skill" requires outright athleticism, you can't "technique" your way to running past a DB down the field.  To state that athleticism doesn't matter at the receiver position is utter nonsense.  The guys who aren't particularly elite runners make their way by presenting other physical traits, almost always size and strength.  Yes, you can get away with being a 4.5-4.6 receiver....if you are 6'3+ and 215+ pounds.  If you have any sense of draft history then you will know that NFL teams have disproved your asinine statement a million times already.  The top drafted receivers ALWAYS display a certain combination of "athleticism" and physical stature.  And it is entirely measurable.  Look at Laquon Treadwell who was seen as a Top 10-15 talent until he ran slow as hell and tested poorly on his Pro Day; he dropped to the late 1st round.  Then look at Washington's John Ross who was a late 1st round pick until he ran a ridiculous 4.22 at the Combine, which ultimately led to him being drafted 9th overall.  He actually strained his calf during the 40 and couldn't do much in terms of position drills, so his "rise" after the Combine couldn't have had anything to do with him showing any sort of "technical" ability LOL.  He got drafted high solely because of his innate speed.  Now look at the ELITE receivers in the NFL.  Find me even one guy who is "average" athletically and yet is still able to perform at an elite level.  You think that Julio Jones is as good as he is because of his "craftiness" LMAO? How about he kid from Kansas City, Tyreek Hill? Calvin Johnson? Randy Moss? All of these guys obviously possess technique and "skill", but to pretend like their innate freakish athleticism isn't the driving force behind their dominance is beyond silly.  Even guys like Larry Fitzgerald are top-level athletes.  Fitzgerald ran in the 4.48-4.50 range at his Pro Day, which is very impressive once you consider that he measured 6'3 225 pounds (again, physical size and strength is another TOOL).

You seem to be completely over-exaggerating what I'm even saying about Slayton.  Not once did I claim that he was going to be a 1st round pick.  I said that he has a chance to go as high as the 3rd round if he tests as well as some people are claiming he will.  The reason why I brought him up is because if you've read this thread, the general consensus among people here is that he will be lucky to even get drafted.  Nothing I've stated is even remotely out of the realm of possibility as NFL teams "overdraft" athleticism every single year.  If you've actually watched the games, Slayton has beaten guys deep consistently even on plays where he ultimately didn't even catch the ball.  There were LOTS of plays this year wherein Stidham simply missed him, including another pass against Purdue that would have been a 4th touchdown (early in the game).  Those go as incompletions on the stat sheet, but they don't go unnoticed by NFL scouts.  His speed routinely shows in games, and if he runs in the 4'3's at ~6'2 then you better bet that there is at least one team that takes the risk on his athletic upside, even if it just means using him as a deep threat.

8 minutes ago, metafour said:

Buddy, your entire argument is devolving into whataboutism.

I never stated that running fast was some golden ticket that guaranteed you a high draft position, so I fail to see what you are "debunking".  Did you even bother to look into the background of Robert Foster? Robert Foster did virtually nothing at Alabama, battling injuries and otherwise failing to produce in his entire career.  In his draft year he caught a pathetic 14 passes for 174 yards and 1 touchdown.  In his entire CAREER he caught just 35 passes for 389 yards.  Despite virtually zero production he was still invited to the Combine, where his athleticism shined.  Yes, he still went undrafted...but wouldn't you say that his general lack of production was the primary factor? Very few if any players get drafted with as little on-field production as Foster showed, so you aren't proving anything by trying to use him as an example.  In fact, Robert Foster actually DEBUNKS your own argument.  Despite doing nothing at Alabama, and despite being undrafted, Foster not only made an NFL roster but he actually caught 27 passes for 541 yards and 3 touchdowns as a rookie for the Bills.  At ~20 yards per reception, he proved to be an extremely dangerous deep threat.....BECAUSE OF HIS ATHLETICISM.  He was more productive in his rookie season in the NFL than he was in his entire collegiate career, and the only reason why he even got a shot to play in the NFL in the first place was because of his athletic upside, not because he showed some extreme "technical" ability in his otherwise completely forgettable collegiate career LMAO.

The reason why Slayton is intriguing is because the NFL is always in high demand for receivers who can stretch the field and create separation.  Its why brick-handed Sammie Coates went in the 3rd round.  That "skill" requires outright athleticism, you can't "technique" your way to running past a DB down the field.  To state that athleticism doesn't matter at the receiver position is utter nonsense.  The guys who aren't particularly elite runners make their way by presenting other physical traits, almost always size and strength.  Yes, you can get away with being a 4.5-4.6 receiver....if you are 6'3+ and 215+ pounds.  If you have any sense of draft history then you will know that NFL teams have disproved your asinine statement a million times already.  The top drafted receivers ALWAYS display a certain combination of "athleticism" and physical stature.  And it is entirely measurable.  Look at Laquon Treadwell who was seen as a Top 10-15 talent until he ran slow as hell and tested poorly on his Pro Day; he dropped to the late 1st round.  Then look at Washington's John Ross who was a late 1st round pick until he ran a ridiculous 4.22 at the Combine, which ultimately led to him being drafted 9th overall.  He actually strained his calf during the 40 and couldn't do much in terms of position drills, so his "rise" after the Combine couldn't have had anything to do with him showing any sort of "technical" ability LOL.  He got drafted high solely because of his innate speed.  Now look at the ELITE receivers in the NFL.  Find me even one guy who is "average" athletically and yet is still able to perform at an elite level.  You think that Julio Jones is as good as he is because of his "craftiness" LMAO? How about he kid from Kansas City, Tyreek Hill? Calvin Johnson? Randy Moss? All of these guys obviously possess technique and "skill", but to pretend like their innate freakish athleticism isn't the driving force behind their dominance is beyond silly.  Even guys like Larry Fitzgerald are top-level athletes.  Fitzgerald ran in the 4.48-4.50 range at his Pro Day, which is very impressive once you consider that he measured 6'3 225 pounds (again, physical size and strength is another TOOL).

You seem to be completely over-exaggerating what I'm even saying about Slayton.  Not once did I claim that he was going to be a 1st round pick.  I said that he has a chance to go as high as the 3rd round if he tests as well as some people are claiming he will.  The reason why I brought him up is because if you've read this thread, the general consensus among people here is that he will be lucky to even get drafted.  Nothing I've stated is even remotely out of the realm of possibility as NFL teams "overdraft" athleticism every single year.  If you've actually watched the games, Slayton has beaten guys deep consistently even on plays where he ultimately didn't even catch the ball.  There were LOTS of plays this year wherein Stidham simply missed him, including another pass against Purdue that would have been a 4th touchdown (early in the game).  Those go as incompletions on the stat sheet, but they don't go unnoticed by NFL scouts.  His speed routinely shows in games, and if he runs in the 4'3's at ~6'2 then you better bet that there is at least one team that takes the risk on his athletic upside, even if it just means using him as a deep threat.

Especially if he has a high vertical as well

Archived