Which Players are Leaving?

AUght2win

On 1/9/2019 at 2:02 PM, AUght2win said:

It's cool. I could have worded it better. I just mean that comparatively being a guy that can run fast doesn't mean much because lots of NFL prospects can run fast. 

McLoofus is right. It isn't either-or. Slayton WILL get a shot due to his exceptional athleticism. But he is not regarded that highly as an NFL prospect. I think metafour or someone quoted a draft ranking that had Slay as the 5th highest ranked receiver. If Slay is the 5th (or sooner) taken receiver I'll rip my dick off and throw it in the river. (I contractually reserve the right to eat crow as an alternate to dick-ripping).

So Slay went late 5th, 17th receiver taken. Happy for him. Happier for my reproductive organs.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

So Slay went late 5th, 17th receiver taken. Happy for him. Happier for my reproductive organs.

Yep. He got drafted right where I thought he would. 

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. He got drafted right where I thought he would. 

Still wish he would've come back, maybe upgrade his stock a bit. But idk that he would have gotten to expand his game that much with a new QB. So probably a good decision. 

Next year could be a pretty ridiculous draft for AU. 

D Brown is pretty much a lock top 10 pick if he doesn’t get seriously injured.

Nick Coe has the potential to be a top 15 pick too.

Prince Tega could go really early also.

i don’t think Marlon is gonna go super early but he’ll still be a 2nd day pick.

Guys that could really explode up boards are Boob Whitlow and Noah Iggy imo. 

Javaris Davis should also get drafted

Theres also the legit possibility of guys like KJ Britt or Big Cat Bryant or TD Moultry having huge years and leaving as well. Never know but all those dudes are very talented 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I thought the orthodoxy was that CGM couldn’t get players in the league! I’m confused 🤷‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, toddc said:

I thought the orthodoxy was that CGM couldn’t get players in the league! I’m confused 🤷‍♂️ 

lol that is def not the knock on Gustav. It is that he does not get enough out of his talent. Of course. I try and post something positive and you try and take advantage in my moment of kindness. COME ON TODD! TODD! TODD!! TODD!! WHAT YOU DOING MAN?!?!?! haha WHY YOU GOT TO DO ME LIKE THAT?! lol. I did not expect that from youuuuuuuuu sir!!!!!

tc.gif

cp3.gif

On 4/28/2019 at 5:56 AM, Gene Loblaw said:

Next year could be a pretty ridiculous draft for AU. 

D Brown is pretty much a lock top 10 pick if he doesn’t get seriously injured.

Nick Coe has the potential to be a top 15 pick too.

Prince Tega could go really early also.

i don’t think Marlon is gonna go super early but he’ll still be a 2nd day pick.

Guys that could really explode up boards are Boob Whitlow and Noah Iggy imo. 

Javaris Davis should also get drafted

Theres also the legit possibility of guys like KJ Britt or Big Cat Bryant or TD Moultry having huge years and leaving as well. Never know but all those dudes are very talented 

Brown will be a 1st rounder. Maybe Tega. Coe I doubt. Not enough speed. Marlon 3rd-5th. Javaris is 2nd or 3rd. I don't think anyone else can come out.

25 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Brown will be a 1st rounder. Maybe Tega. Coe I doubt. Not enough speed. Marlon 3rd-5th. Javaris is 2nd or 3rd. I don't think anyone else can come out.

Possibly Boobee

18 hours ago, toddc said:

Correct

13 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Boobee ain't coming out as a RS Soph unless he goes over 1600 yards. Then, by all means...

Agreed. Or maybe if a family situation comes up + he gets some bad advice, which seems to happen every other year or so. 

I think an emerging Shivers, DJ and/or MAR would only help him next year, in terms of production and draft value. I suppose the new OL might be something to take into consideration but hopefully the stability elsewhere in the offense- same QB(s), fellow RBs, WRs, scheme, OC(s)- will mitigate that. 

Archived