Trump’s Christian Apologists Are Unchristian

homersapien

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What is their "agenda"?

Good question!

Probably - at least in 78's mind - it's to recruit innocent heterosexuals into their evil lifestyle. ;D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Brad, you know as well as Homer, that this type of behavior is specifically condemned by God. He made man and woman for each other in marriage, not people of the same sex.

Did I say stone them? Of course not, but  it was a great mistake by our courts to legalize, not legitimize  this life style. Especially after so many states approved by a vote of the people that marriage was between a man and a woman and not of the same sex.

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

it's to recruit innocent heterosexuals into their evil lifestyle. ;D

Stupid comment and the smiley is no good. Almost as stupid as Ben's little cartoon picture

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Stupid comment and the smiley is no good. Almost as stupid as Ben's little cartoon picture

Hey, look, Salty can't take a joke. Go figure. 

31 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

So you agree with 78 that homosexuality should be illegal? 

42 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

No, Brad, you know as well as Homer, that this type of behavior is specifically condemned by God. He made man and woman for each other in marriage, not people of the same sex.

Did I say stone them? Of course not, but  it was a great mistake by our courts to legalize, not legitimize  this life style. Especially after so many states approved by a vote of the people that marriage was between a man and a woman and not of the same sex.

No, I most certainly do not "know" that homosexuals  - or homosexual "behavior" as you so cluelessly refer to it - is condemned by God.  But I am not a religious wacko - just the opposite.

But I do appreciate your honesty in sharing your own beliefs, as scary as they are.  It's far preferable for you people to be vocal and up-front than lurk about in secret. 

44 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I was referring to PUB78's probable beliefs. (You forgot to include that part but I'm sure it was inadvertent.)

And I doubt PUB78 thinks it's "stupid", considering he would outlaw homosexual "behavior".  After all, it would logically follow that trying to recruit homosexuals would be illegal if homosexual behavior is illegal.   Correct?

Anyway, I don't think there is such a thing as a "homosexual agenda". PUB78 is the one who brought it up, so perhaps you should ask him.

56 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Well if you haven't noticed, our country thankfully isn't ruled by the laws, rules, or interpretations of the Bible or any other religious text.  If I wanted to live in a theocracy, I'd move to the Middle East or apply to live full time in the Holy See.

Here's my standard question.  How does a gay couple getting married and living their life affect you on an every day basis?  I'm going to guess it doesn't have one iota of influence on your life.

You should seriously ask these questions of the neighbors you are condemning:

- Are they nice people who treat others with respect?

- Are they law abiding citizens?

- Do they pay their taxes, just like you do?

If the answers are yes, then your opinion of their lifestyle is highly unimportant in the grand scheme.  If you disagree with their lifestyle, fine, let your maker judge them.  But it's not your place or anyone else's to tell them how to live when they are doing so peacefully.

I'll say, I've seen some pretty wild opinions here, but "ban the gays" has seriously got to be ranked pretty high for ridiculous crap I've seen on this site. 

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So you agree with 78 that homosexuality should be illegal? 

another stupid question. go back and read why and what i replied to. are you ok tonight Brother Homer.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

PUB78's probable beliefs

probable?

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't think there is such a thing as a "homosexual agenda"

you asked the question. Why?

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

another stupid question. go back and read why and what i replied to. are you ok tonight Brother Homer.

Well first, you replied to something I said but attributed it to PUB78.  So maybe you need to sort out your own posts before implying I am the one who is confused.

Secondly, based on the direction of the discussion, it was not a stupid question.  Do you think there is a homosexual agenda or not? 

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

probable?

you asked the question. Why?

Yes, probable.  But like I said, ask him instead of me.  I think the idea of a homosexual "agenda" as dangerously xenophobic.

I asked the question because you first asked me.  Turnabout is fair play, is it not?

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

I'll say, I've seen some pretty wild opinions here, but "ban the gays" has seriously got to bring ranked pretty high for ridiculous crap I've seen on this site. 

Sad to say, but I have reached the point where not much surprises me anymore.

In fact, this sort of explains the support for Trump.

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well if you haven't noticed, our country thankfully isn't ruled by the laws, rules, or interpretations of the Bible or any other religious text.  If I wanted to live in a theocracy, I'd move to the Middle East or apply to live full time in the Holy See.

Here's my standard question.  How does a gay couple getting married and living their life affect you on an every day basis?  I'm going to guess it doesn't have one iota of influence on your life.

You should seriously ask these questions of the neighbors you are condemning:

- Are they nice people who treat others with respect?

- Are they law abiding citizens?

- Do they pay their taxes, just like you do?

If the answers are yes, then your opinion of their lifestyle is highly unimportant in the grand scheme.  If you disagree with their lifestyle, fine, let your maker judge them.  But it's not your place or anyone else's to tell them how to live when they are doing so peacefully.

B-rad,

Your opinion of homosexuals doesn’t matter either. God will make the final judgement, not you or I.

40 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, I most certainly do not "know" that homosexuals  - or homosexual "behavior" as you so cluelessly refer to it - is condemned by God.  But I am not a religious wacko - just the opposite.

But I do appreciate your honesty in sharing your own beliefs, as scary as they are.  It's far preferable for you people to be vocal and up-front than lurk about in secret. 

Thank you Homer. You do know in your heart, despite your denial.

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

B-rad,

Your opinion of homosexuals doesn’t matter either. God will make the final judgement, not you or I.

First of all, my name is Brad.  If my mom would have wanted it hyphenated, she would have done so on the birth certificate.

Second, we're talking about how people are treated on this earth here and now.  If you believe in an afterlife judgement, so be it.  But that doesn't change the conversation of treating people equally and with respect now.

20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I'll say, I've seen some pretty wild opinions here, but "ban the gays" has seriously got to be ranked pretty high for ridiculous crap I've seen on this site. 

No one has has said "ban the gays". @PUB78 stated stated his reasoning. you guys did not even respond. proceeded as normal with attacks

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

First of all, my name is Brad.  If my mom would have wanted it hyphenated, she would have done so on the birth certificate.

Second, we're talking about how people are treated on this earth here and now.  If you believe in an afterlife judgement, so be it.  But that doesn't change the conversation of treating people equally and with respect now.

Didn’t mean any despect, our son-in-law is also a Brad, but we call him B-rad

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

No one has has said "ban the gays". @PUB78 stated stated his reasoning. you guys did not even respond. proceeded as normal with attacks

He literally said "outlaw them" when referring to homosexuality earlier in this thread.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He literally said "outlaw them" when referring to homosexuality earlier in this thread.

I know exactly what he said. If Pub does not believe in gay marriage so be it. You guys love to take an age old controversy like this and lay it at Trump supporters feet.

Hey, I would not see a Doctor that performs trans operations by choice.  

Archived