Malzahn meets with Green today

ToomersStreet

At some time today I  expect we all will get some answers.  Gus will have his weekly meeting Allen Green.  What will come  of it?   We have known for at least  the last four if  not five weeks Gus plans on booting Chip(right or  wrong).   Gus fired Ellis Johnson 24hrs after  losing the 2014 Iron Bowl.  I felt if Gus was staying Chip would  have been let go yesterday.  I assess the reason Chip has not been let go yet is he is Gus does  not know if he will be around to  fire Chip himself.  Time will tell but my best guess is Gus is  still waiting to  find out if he will remain our  coach. 

I was told  by someone who was once well connected to  several influential trustees that "all" the boosters wanted Gus gone win or  lose the Iron Bowl.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I was told  by someone who was once well connected to  several influential trustees that "all" the boosters wanted Gus gone win or  lose the Iron Bowl.

Could you expound on this sentence?  "One well connected" implies that he or she is no longer connected, so how does that person know what the current thinking is?  Just curious.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Could you expound on this sentence?  "One well connected" implies that he or she is no longer connected, so how does that person know what the current thinking is?  Just curious.

Thanks

I think its humorous when one of the 99% (those with no inside info) try to come across as one of the 1%. Now if Toomers can do as you request and provide better info than he did that would be a very notable exception.

The easy thing will be to allow Gus to make his excuses and to accept his hollow promises that the team will perform better next season.  He'll be given a free hand to make staff changes.  He'll fire some people.  He'll make some more promises.  He'll say he's changing things up.  The future will be bright. His fans will cheer, knowing that we are at last on the right track.  "It's not like Gus has forgotten how to coach..."

We'll lose our bowl game.

But that's OK!   Gus is righting the ship that those fired incompetents so carelessly destroyed.  And bowl games don't matter.

7-5 next season.

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Thanks

Sorry.  I meant to type "once well  connected"  And YES they are no longer directly  connected  with those individuals.  Sorry, best intel  I  can give you.

it has been very quiet.

I can imagine Greene’s first words as Gus walks in: “If you tell me you had a good week of practice, that’s fireable with no buyout.”

Being reported by Marcello that Gus’s agency has been told to start looking for a new gig for him. Wondering if the wheels are turning for a mutual parting of ways to save face.

11 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I think its humorous when one of the 99% (those with no inside info) try to come across as one of the 1%. Now if Toomers can do as you request and provide better info than he did that would be a very notable exception.

Here’s the deal about the 1%ers. If they provide better information on this board, they won’t be 1%ers any more.  The only way I think a poster is “connected to the program” is watch who posts what and, in time, see what information turns out to be correct.  The board runs on speculation and opinion.  That’s what makes it great.  JMO.

Just now, ToomersStreet said:

Exactly.WHY?

they are going to try and find a way to lessen the fallout i can only assume regardless of which way things go as to keeping or firing him. i can only assume gus will be kept because of the money thing? that is no reason to keep a coach if we have plenty of money to right the ship. personally i think leath should get the boot because he did ALL this. people want to be mad at gus for taking the contract? lol ok wid that. all of you to a man would except that huge pay raise if it was offered. the fact is all of y'all hating on gus are hating on the wrong person. gus wants to be a winner and wants to be loved by auburn as much as he loves auburn. the sad fact is a new leak springs up every single year to dismantle the team and gus has not handled it very effectively resulting in more leaks. having to consider firing coaches every single year almost means he hired the wrong people to do the job unless the powers that be have forced some coaches on him which i doubt. as for some of you haters the way you make things personal with gus like his man hooters or picking his nose or bashing his personality are just taking joy into smearing a man and make it more personal than just big coaching mistakes. and some of you take great joy in belittling gus on things that have nothing to do with his coaching record. in other words you tend to lose credibility by cheap attacks instead of focusing on the real problems.

PMARSHONAU: Time for urgent action
High-level meetings Sunday involving Auburn athletics director Allen Greene, head football coach Gus Malzahn and administrators.

Per Longshore on AM740 out of Montgomery:

According to Marcello, the agency (CAA) that represents Gus was told yesterday to start trying to find Gus another job. Marcello got this from two high level sources of his.

I have a bad feeling that Greene isn't going to do anything. Gus has us by the nads right now. 

Is there even a way to force him to fire Chip? Seems like Gus will just say, "if you want me to fire him, you'll have to fire me". Lol. Then we have to pay his stupid buyout. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

High-level meetings Sunday involving Auburn athletics director Allen Greene, head football coach Gus Malzahn and administrators.

According to Marcello, the agency (CAA) that represents Gus was told yesterday to start trying to find Gus another job. Marcello got this from two high level sources of his.

I'd be so happy. Not only would Malzahn be gone, but this forum is at its best when Auburn is looking for a new coach! Entertainment for days!

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that makes no sense. So Auburn has given permission for other schools to contact Gus?

Don’t know who these people are other then the reporters that say they have told Gus’ agency to start looking for another job.   That’s not how this works.  

It’s usually we are going in a different direction or you’re fired.   They don’t give you an opportunity to look for another job as the head coach.  

Just a personal opinion but I think Gus will be back with some new offensive staff changes.  

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Well if we are going to fire him now, we need to do it before vacancies start getting filled. 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Don’t know who these people are other then the reporters that say they have told Gus’ agency to start looking for another job.   That’s not how this works.  

It’s usually we are going in a different direction or you’re fired.   They don’t give you an opportunity to look for another job as the head coach.  

Just a personal opinion but I think Gus will be back with some new offensive staff changes.  

Stop killing our dreams, you dream killer!

I have true inside info.

99% of highly influencial message board posters want Gus gone.

1% of them want him to stay.

:beer2:

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

job.   That’s not how this works.  

Sounds to me like they’re trying to wiggle out of some of the buyout if true.

Too bad Mack Brown's no longer available.  Ptttt...

UNC pulled a JABA.

Maybe that's a sign that Auburn will quit Clemsoning.

:cheers:

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Sounds to me like they’re trying to wiggle out of some of the buyout if true.

That’s lawyer stuff Gus won’t be directly involved in that.  

Just now, AUsince72 said:

I have true inside info.

99% of highly influencial message board posters want Gus gone.

1% of them want him to stay.

:beer2:

Who here is an influential message board poster? Apparently I’ve been wasting my time on the peasants like you.

Apologies, olive branch, hugs, rinse, repeat.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Who here is an influential message board poster? Apparently I’ve been wasting my time on the peasants like you.

Apologies, olive branch, hugs, rinse, repeat.

HaHa!

Yes, it was an oxymoronic joke 😁

Archived