Malzahn meets with Green today

ToomersStreet

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jluvah said:

If Gus gets canned he'll have a job almost immediately . He'll be an analyst for Saban at bama

I can see it now. Gus up in the booth just going to absolute town on that right nostril while Alabama has somehow fallen off offensively. Yes please!

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That’s lawyer stuff Gus won’t be directly involved in that.  

No matter what the lawyers do, Gus will have to be involved by accepting the deal or not. Just like his contract negotiations. I do expect, if this information is true, both sides to play hard ball.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No matter what the lawyers do, Gus will have to be involved by accepting the deal or not. Just like his contract negotiations. I do expect, if this information is true, both sides to play hard ball.

Those are things worked out after being fired not during your firing meeting.  If Greene and Gus do meet today you will start hearing very quickly about his status.  If he’s gone he’s gone.  If he is still around expect the next few days to see what changes are going to be made however none may be made until after the early signing period.

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

According to Marcello, the agency (CAA) that represents Gus was told yesterday to start trying to find Gus another job. Marcello got this from two high level sources of his.

I have a hard time ever believing Marcello.  His articles are always taken from posts on this board.  I even found him directly quoting one of WDE's posts on here and saying it was his "insider source."  I even posted it on here for everyone to see.

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

PMARSHONAU: Time for urgent action
High-level meetings Sunday involving Auburn athletics director Allen Greene, head football coach Gus Malzahn and administrators.

Per Longshore on AM740 out of Montgomery:

According to Marcello, the agency (CAA) that represents Gus was told yesterday to start trying to find Gus another job. Marcello got this from two high level sources of his.

What school in their right mind would pay Gus’s buy out?

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I have a hard time ever believing Marcello.  His articles are always taken from posts on this board.  I even found him directly quoting one of WDE's posts on here and saying it was his "insider source."  I even posted it on here for everyone to see.

Since he quit hanging out with Crepea, Marcello has been a likeable guy... But he's a hack.

35 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I have a bad feeling that Greene isn't going to do anything. Gus has us by the nads right now. 

Is there even a way to force him to fire Chip? Seems like Gus will just say, "if you want me to fire him, you'll have to fire me". Lol. Then we have to pay his stupid buyout. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I have seen a number of posters say that the PTB have a way to drag out and contest the buyout. I do not know what this entails it is a bunch of legal stuff.

14 minutes ago, jluvah said:

If Gus gets canned he'll have a job almost immediately . He'll be an analyst for Saban at bama

Because he's done such a great job at AU analyzing what, exactly?   Talent?  Defenses?  

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Saw on another board, 2nd hand from me, 1st hand from him on comments from Tubs: Gus gets fired today. TIFWIW

Has Tubs become the leader of the insider community at Auburn? Lol. He's always doing interviews on The Drive. He always makes comments. That guy is intertwined with Auburn so tight that nothing could break us up. He's the new Pat Dye!

4 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

What school in their right mind would pay Gus’s buy out?

Auburn will have to pay it if he's fired. Another school won't have to pick it up. The Malzahn contract is one of the worst in college football history.

If he voluntarily leaves Auburn, then he has to pay us, which I think we would waive. Hopefully he leaves on his own after some very strong words from the PTB. 

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Those are things worked out after being fired not during your firing meeting.  If Greene and Gus do meet today you will start hearing very quickly about his status.  If he’s gone he’s gone.  If he is still around expect the next few days to see what changes are going to be made however none may be made until after the early signing period.

The premise is that Gus’ agent was told to find Gus another job, therefore, the buyout could be negotiable. If they out right fire him, there’s not much to talk about.

Actual insider info here but it’s vague so speculate away: I was told this morning by someone personally connected to the team that Chip is already out( not exactly shocking) and we’re looking for a new OC. None of that is exactly edge of your seat stuff, I know, but does that mean the whole staff is gone (Gus fired) or does that mean Gus is staying and we’re attempting to band aid this debacle? I was also told that the offense was CONSTANTLY being pulled in two different directions between Chip and Gus and were confused who to listen to more often than not. Again, I know that any fan could probably guess this stuff but it does come from within the program.

26 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe Green will show a Gus a slide show presentation on the joys of living and coaching in Lubbock.

Will really have to doctor that slide show up.........bout the only good thing in Lubbock is a few great Mexican restaurants as well as some good steakhouse restaurants and one fantastic Italian restaurant

41 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well if we are going to fire him now, we need to do it before vacancies start getting filled. 

Thank you ! Stop with the BS and get it over with. I am starting to feel like Gus was gone as soon as we loss to Tennessee . 

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Will really have to doctor that slide show up.........bout the only good thing in Lubbock is a few great Mexican restaurants as well as some good steakhouse restaurants and one fantastic Italian restaurant

Where is the Italian? I’ve only been there twice, but I definitely missed that one.

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Maybe Tubs could put something together for him.  I’m sure he knows all the hot spots.

Just now, Zeek said:

Maybe encouraging him to take another job to lessen our burden. 

That’s not how it works with head coaches.  They are either kept or let go. There’s none of this we are encouraging you to find another job.  Unless they are working with him to stay at AU in another capacity.  That’s the only option that would come out in that meeting...

Lawyers and stuff would come in after a firing and try to work out the details on the contract which would be settled long after the firing.  

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh I'm well aware.  West Texas in general is terrible.

Didn't the president give Gus huge support and then sometime later, the AD did the same thing. Since Greene hasn't been at Auburn that long, I really doubt he'll go again the university president.

54 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Has Tubs become the leader of the insider community at Auburn? Lol. He's always doing interviews on The Drive. He always makes comments. That guy is intertwined with Auburn so tight that nothing could break us up. He's the new Pat Dye!

Thank you!  Tubs "acts" like he's close with AU with his interviews and opinion pieces.  How the hell can he be intertwined with many of the very same AU men that he hated when he was here?

Archived