Malzahn meets with Green today

ToomersStreet

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Didn't the president give Gus huge support and then sometime later, the AD did the same thing. Since Greene hasn't been at Auburn that long, I really doubt he'll go again the university president.

When questioned, Greene came out and rather than give a mealy-mouthed comment on CGM, he backed him pretty strongly (the week of the UGA game) - then when questioned, Leath came out and supported not only CGM but AD Greene as well.

Their open support doesn't mean much in the wide scheme of things, if the Auburn Administration and financial supporters feel they can hire better than the current staff on hand, then a decision will be made pretty quickly.

Call me a skeptic ~ I'm reminded that this same Auburn Admin & money men hog tied AU to the current financial obligations only 12 months ago.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Don’t know who these people are other then the reporters that say they have told Gus’ agency to start looking for another job.   That’s not how this works.  

It’s usually we are going in a different direction or you’re fired.   They don’t give you an opportunity to look for another job as the head coach.  

Just a personal opinion but I think Gus will be back with some new offensive staff changes.  

If this is going to be a mutual deal where Gus gets to be hired somewhere else and excepts a sum of money from AU and no buyout to new team. I think Gus still walks away with 15 mil anyway. Win/ Win

Well with everyone having insider sources contradicting each other's sources we will find out who actually has sources.  Or nothing happens today and everyone loses credibility.  :laugh:

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

If gus is let go do you think he asks for his donation to the  football operation building back? 

That would be a very bad PR move on his part. So, no. I don’t think he would. 

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

If gus is let go do you think he asks for his donation to the  football operation building back? 

Did he ever actually scratch out a check, Or did he simply make a pledge?  

Furthermore, I can't imagine why he'd be willing to pony up $2mm for AU facilities upgrades that he won't even be around to utilize. Who knows maybe he has a generous heart?:dunno:

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Did he ever actually scratch out a check, Or did he simply make a pledge?  

Furthermore, I can't imagine why he'd be willing to pony up $2mm for AU facilities upgrades that he won't even be around to utilize. Who knows maybe he has a generous heart?:dunno:

It is the giving season after all. 

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It is the giving season after all. 

Tbh probably part of the contract he signed to make everything look much “better”

I have no insider information, and if I did, nobody would believe it anyway.  Here is what I do know.....Having known and been involved with Auburn alumni for over 45 years of my life.  I find it very very hard to believe that the influential boosters will allow this to continue, knowing the outcome for next year will be the same at best, or marginally better or even worse. The program will likely be forced into the same situation next year, and another recruiting year in turmoil.  The pressure for the team and staff next year would be an untenable situation for all involved.  Having said that, in those same 45 years I have learned that NOTHING Auburn does surprises me.  Either way, War Eagle.  And we wait.......... 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Will really have to doctor that slide show up.........bout the only good thing in Lubbock is a few great Mexican restaurants as well as some good steakhouse restaurants and one fantastic Italian restaurant

No ... ??

348s.jpg

No Más.

6 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

I have no insider information, and if I did, nobody would believe it anyway.  Here is what I do know.....Having known and been involved with Auburn alumni for over 45 years of my life.  I find it very very hard to believe that the influential boosters will allow this to continue, knowing the outcome for next year will be the same at best, or marginally better or even worse. The program will likely be forced into the same situation next year, and another recruiting year in turmoil.  The pressure for the team and staff next year would be an untenable situation for all involved.  Having said that, in those same 45 years I have learned that NOTHING Auburn does surprises me.  Either way, War Eagle.  And we wait.......... 

well said. Auburn is Auburn so who knows what happens today.

I can't see them canning Gus after a "horrible" year of 7 wins. I'm not sure who the last coach was that Auburn fired who won at least 7 games (or winning season). Plus, he just signed a new contract last year, so it'd look bad on EVERYONE who signed off on it.

If next year is more of the same, then sure i could see him being canned.  But a winning season and recent (enormous) contract? No way.

They need a competent OL, which honestly still doesn't look promising with the current recruiting class. But, i don't think we're far away from being back at a 10 win program. Just sign some top ranked JUCO guys for the OL to save face for next year.

1 hour ago, chimes said:

Actual insider info here but it’s vague so speculate away: I was told this morning by someone personally connected to the team that Chip is already out( not exactly shocking) and we’re looking for a new OC. None of that is exactly edge of your seat stuff, I know, but does that mean the whole staff is gone (Gus fired) or does that mean Gus is staying and we’re attempting to band aid this debacle? I was also told that the offense was CONSTANTLY being pulled in two different directions between Chip and Gus and were confused who to listen to more often than not. Again, I know that any fan could probably guess this stuff but it does come from within the program.

Oh I’m fully expecting the band aid route. 

39 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I want everyone gone. The entire coaching staff needs to be cleaned out.  #fireeverybody

Removed video due to profanity.  Can't post that here. - The Mgmt

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'd be so happy. Not only would Malzahn be gone, but this forum is at its best when Auburn is looking for a new coach! Entertainment for days!

This could reach the Will he/Won’t he Muschamp thread or, though I doubt it possible, the Seastrunk epic thread! 😁

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Will really have to doctor that slide show up.........bout the only good thing in Lubbock is a few great Mexican restaurants as well as some good steakhouse restaurants and one fantastic Italian restaurant

What about Waffle House? If they have a quality Waffle House, Gus may just take the gig.

Archived