Mack Brown back to North Carolina

GwillMac6

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Gus as his OC?

Unfortunately, no.  Kingsbury is the rumor.

I was living in NC part of the time he was there the first go around. Will be interesting to see how things go this time.

I've got a couple Tarheels in the family and they are less than excited....but then again, being typical UNC fans, football is just something for them to follow while waiting on basketball season to start....

That's a relief.  Just glad they didn't hire anyone that we might want to hire next year...

Just glad he won't be commentary anymore. Not quite as excited as when Bob Davies got back to coaching

2nd best Recruiter on staff besides our boy D craig. Mack Brown sticks it to TAMU one last time lol.

56 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Not so fast.....

Anybody know what the backlash was, other than G Rob had been out of football for two freakin' years?

I would imagine a lot of power people are unhappy about hiring old, has-been Mack Brown much less compounding it with old has-been Greg Robinson.

Who's next?  Lou Holtz as OC?

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Not so fast.....

Anybody know what the backlash was, other than G Rob had been out of football for two freakin' years?

Tommy Thigpen is the co-defensive coordinator for Brown. Not sure who he is Co to now though.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/UNC-Football-Tabs-Greg-Robinson-Tommy-Thigpen-as-Co-Defensive-Coordinators--125566934/

1 hour ago, fredst said:

This hire makes me wonder if Jay Jacobs is the secret AD at UNC, lol

Since Jay is at florida in some capacity now we can expect him to push Ron Zook to be the next coach at at florida after Mullen! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived