Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

moon is a bammer I wouldn't really put much stock into what he says

Ahhh that's right.  Shoot the messenger when it's something you don't want to hear.  Never mind that he and the other AU beat guys are all singing a very similar tune on this one.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Honestly, that's about the only positive I'm taking from this cluster**** right now.  Right or wrong, lucid or delusional, Gus believes this team is good enough to compete and be great next year and he's not only betting on himself, but he's betting that he's right about their talent and potential.  And he doesn't want some new guy to swoop in and reap the benefits of something he didn't build.  He wants to be the guy that shows everyone how wrong they are about this group of players.

I still don't think he's the guy to make it happen.  But I do admire his tenacity.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ahhh that's right.  Shoot the messenger when it's something you don't want to hear.  Never mind that he and the other AU beat guys are all singing a very similar tune on this one.

moon has never had any love for auburn at all just stating facts I don't like the silence   either. but moon is the last person i'd trust when it comes to info regarding Auburn

1 minute ago, KnightTiger said:

moon has never had any love for auburn at all just stating facts I don't like the silence   either. but moon is the last person i'd trust when it comes to info regarding Auburn

It's not a reporters job to "have love" for anyone.  It's their job to report information.  If you want a love fest, go listen to Sports Call.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

It's not a reporters job to "have love" for anyone.  It's their job to report information.  If you want a love fest, go listen to Sports Call.

Andy and Randy here! *In a really country voice*

24 minutes ago, AU-24 said:
Let me answer many of my Auburn folks' DMs: No one knows what's going to happen at this point. No one is happy about any of this. Malzahn is worse. Auburn is worse. The fans are pissed. Major donors are threatening to hold back donations. And there's no good path out of this.

So Moon has been in contact with AU's major donors?  And he's gathered enough information to come to the conclusion that no one knows what hell is going on, yet the Major Donors are making threats to cut Auburn off the Christmas giving list?

Honestly, this is the most action I've seen from Josh Moon on an sports topic since he blew up Prattville High School's shady recruiting tactics back in '12.

19 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

moon is a bammer I wouldn't really put much stock into what he says

No he's not and quit using this lame excuse anytime someone in state doesn't flatter Auburn properly enough for you.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

So Moon has been in contact with AU's major donors?  And he's gathered enough information to come to the conclusion that no one knows what hell is going on, yet the Major Donors are making threats to cut Auburn off the Christmas giving list?

Honestly, this is the most action I've seen from Josh Moon on an sports topic since he blew up Prattville High School's shady recruiting tactics back in '12.

He's probably been in contact with some.  And perhaps in contact with some folks who know what the major donors are saying.  Why would that be so hard to believe?

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

look im not going to get into argument with anyone everyone is entitled to their opinions. but why isn't moon revealing  the sources of all his info? he claims two AU powerbrokers met with Stoops. then wont even reveal their names ?  im not going to trash the man he may be right for all I know but ive seen what he writes long enough to know how credible he is its usually during a season like this where he waits to say something about Auburn. when we're having a good season he is unusually quiet

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

He's probably been in contact with some.  And perhaps in contact with some folks who know what the major donors are saying.  Why would that be so hard to believe?

Probably the same ones that told him about Stoops. Lol

I don’t know about Josh, but I personally know a major donor who has significantly cut back on his contributions because of his disgust with Gus and has informed me of others doing the same thing.  

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Probably the same ones that told him about Stoops. Lol

Maybe.  Has it occurred to you though that the Stoops stuff was 100% accurate but they just couldn't come to an agreement?  Or that he considered it and ultimately decided to remain retired?  All that was reported on it was that Auburn had reached out to Stoops and that some interest was expressed.

You guys act like just because something ends up not happening that there was never anything true about it to begin with and that's just not reality.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Maybe.  Has it occurred to you though that the Stoops stuff was 100% accurate but they just couldn't come to an agreement?  Or that he considered it and ultimately decided to remain retired?

You guys act like just because something ends up not happening that there was never anything true about it to begin with and that's just not reality.

Woahhh. You missunderstood me. I'm literally saying that whoever knew about the Stoops thing and leaked it to Moon was probably the one leaking the other info. Easy there killer.

2 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

but why isn't moon revealing  the sources of all his info? he claims two AU powerbrokers met with Stoops. then wont even reveal their names ?  

I can’t believe you are serious.  Journalists never give up their sources.  If they ever did, they would never again have sources. 

5 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

look im not going to get into argument with anyone everyone is entitled to their opinions. but why isn't moon revealing  the sources of all his info? he claims two AU powerbrokers met with Stoops. then wont even reveal their names ?  im not going to trash the man he may be right for all I know but ive seen what he writes long enough to know how credible he is its usually during a season like this where he waits to say something about Auburn. when we're having a good season he is unusually quiet

All due respect, you seem to lack a fundamental understanding of how reporting works. 

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That we did. But his game plan in the mid 3rd quarter and 4th quarter was a gameplan of a man who gave up and tried not to make matters worse. He started running the clock out, so Saban would lay off of the beating. 

Oh, Gus adjusted in the second half alright....Once Tua went off on our defense and chalked up a couple of TD's Gus adjusted and intentionally milked the clock.  He essentially laid down, slow rolled the offense while his defense got torched from every angle.  

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Woahhh. You missunderstood me. I'm literally saying that whoever knew about the Stoops thing and leaked it to Moon was probably the one leaking the other info. Easy there killer.

My bad.  Getting so used to the smartasses who snark at anything that they either don't like hearing, or that isn't broadcast from the heavens by the Holy Trinity as baseless rumor and made up crap by bammer reporters, I read you wrong.

Just now, keesler said:

Oh, Gus adjusted in the second half alright....Once Tua went off on our defense and chalked up a couple of TD's Gus adjusted and intentionally milked the clock.  He essentially laid down, slow rolled the offense while his defense got torched from every angle.  

Not the first time he thought not scoring points was the best strategy. 

7 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but opinions ought to have some kind of solid basis for them.  And while you're still entitled to hold an opinion based on nothing but your feelings, you're not entitled to not have that publicly expressed opinion critiqued.

Also, "reveal his sources?"  Really?  That's not how this works.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not the first time he thought not scoring points was the best strategy. 

That strategy always works out so well for the offensive wiz. /s

11 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

So look, you seem uneducated on this topic.  I don't mean that as a slight.  I'm uneducated on molecular biology for example.  I have two degrees in communication and went to school specifically for journalism before going another route with my career.  I began working in newsrooms at the age of 15.  Only telling you this so you understand that I'm not talking out of my ass here on an opinion, but rather how things actually happen.

Unless a source wants to be named, you don't name them.  However, you typically need at least two sources to run with a story in that scenario.  My bet is that Moon has multiple sources on this, but they dont' want to be named because they are likely key players in what's happening behind the scenes.  If he outs them, he loses those sources.  Moon is also primarily a political reporter and many of those same money people/power brokers are connected politically in Alabama, so he has double reason to protect the sources.

He's an incredibly reliable reporter.  Used to do sports full time before focusing more on politics, which is why he's often quiet with regards to AU football.  I mentioned earlier in this thread, but go look at his investigative work from a few years ago around Alabama State University and the corruption that was happening there.  His reporting practically blew that place apart because it was accurate.

11 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Why won't he reveal his sources?

Moon: *reveals sources

Sources: WHAT THE F*** MOON, I WILL NEVER GIVE YOU ANY GOOD INFO AGAIN. ALSO. SUING YOU.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Archived