Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's probably been in contact with some.  And perhaps in contact with some folks who know what the major donors are saying.  Why would that be so hard to believe?

Not necessarily hard to believe, I just fail to understand why Josh is so hot on the scoop now?  The dudes putting in overtime on this stuff.

Was he chiming in during the Sunny Golloway fiasco?  How 'bout the Corey/Clint Meyers scandal and how the AD handled that stinky situation?  Or the most recent basketball fiasco with the Persons indictment, 2 suspended players and Leath wanting to can Bruce over it all? 

Was he in contact with some folks in the know that were major honors and getting their take on how they planned to disburse their funds if Bruce had been fired?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, keesler said:

Not necessarily hard to believe, I just fail to understand why Josh is so hot on the scoop now?  The dudes putting in overtime on this stuff.

Was he chiming in during the Sunny Golloway fiasco?  How 'bout the Corey/Clint Meyers scandal and how the AD handled that stinky situation?  Or the most recent basketball fiasco with the Persons indictment, 2 suspended players and Leath wanting to can Bruce over it all? 

Was he in contact with some folks in the know that were major honors and getting their take on how they planned to disburse their funds if Bruce had been fired?

He is hot on the scoop because his sources/friends SHOVED this info at him. I guarantee he has done little to no work. The sources have come to him because it is advantageous to whatever side they have in this fight that the knowledge be public.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How in the sweet hell are people having a hard time believing that rich people don't want to pay millions of dollars for 7-5 and 31 point losses to bama?

I guess they are turned off on the buyout and the possibility of more 7-5’s after the buyout as well. It makes sense that they only want HR hires... 

Moon may reported exactly what he was told, but that doesn't mean it is true in any way. People lie all the time to create a story - He should know best, being in "politics." 

We all have our own right to believe or disbelieve what he tweeted - and until someone can prove one way or the other - we are all right lol.

I believe he tweeted what he was told.. but past that, who knows. Don't care anymore either. We are so beyond the Bob Stoops crap.. and now they just need to focus on keeping our recruiting class together and our players from jumping ship. Don't see any possible scenario where Gus will not be the HC. $30 million thrown away? hah.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm in catch up mode admittedly.

Don't sweat it, brother. Most of us here have more important things to do than spend all of our time thumb-swiping this thread.

Now somebody catch ME up...😂

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well he mainly does political reporting now, and the midterm and governors elections are all done so it’s not like he probably has a lot of political stuff on his plate right at the moment. And in this case he just happened to have a couple of rights sources that put him in the thick of it. I really don’t think it’s much more complicated than that. 

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Don't sweat it, brother. Most of us here have more important things to do than spend all of our time thumb-swiping this thread.

I have important things to do and Im hitting refresh every 10 minutes.  My kids have had and will have had so many Christmases...so what if my habits prevent them from getting presents this year?!

11 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Last edit. Us today. 

auburn-fans-be-like-malzahns-not-fired-o

Ok, I think I finally figured it out. We're sending Gus to the moon and Leath is putting $10 in 3.2 million fans stockings this Christmas and Greene is going to hold a press conference with Booster (Jingle All The Way)?! Right?! That's what I gathered anyhow.

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not the first time he thought not scoring points was the best strategy. 

Very true!

Oh, I failed to congratulate you on the new little 'loof.  What a joy and blessing during this holiday season ~ Warmest wishes to you & the Mrs.

:cheers:

1 minute ago, Auhud08 said:

Just fire him already. Pay the buyout. Go get bill clark or anyone for that matter. 

Hey that’s my line!

3 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Just fire him already. Pay the buyout. Go get bill clark or anyone for that matter. 

Damn! That's a good idea! Why didn't any of us think of that! Hey guys, we could just fire him and get another coach!

55 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

look im not going to get into argument with anyone everyone is entitled to their opinions. but why isn't moon revealing  the sources of all his info? he claims two AU powerbrokers met with Stoops. then wont even reveal their names ?  im not going to trash the man he may be right for all I know but ive seen what he writes long enough to know how credible he is its usually during a season like this where he waits to say something about Auburn. when we're having a good season he is unusually quiet

Not to seem rude, but do you understand the whole concept of "Sources"?  I mean, that is pretty basic 101 Journalism.  

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Damn! That's a good idea! Why didn't any of us think of that! Hey guys, we could just fire him and get another coach!

Maybe we can replace Gus with a HR hire that is also unemployed because that’s the only way Gus gets replaced. Gus outsmarted everybody and will keep his job. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

James Franklin might be a homerun. 

I gotta' call you on this one...not even warning track power.  His assistant coaches' wives may be home runs.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/11/13/penn-state-football-james-franklin-5-reasons-worst/1986050002/

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That'll be nice, but now that Gus has limited resources and and one more season, who can he bring in? OC Burns, here we come! Lol

He can bring in whoever he wants. If he wants a big name, its welcome to come out of his pocket. 

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

I can’t believe you are serious.  Journalists never give up their sources.  If they ever did, they would never again have sources. 

Seriously. I have to facepalm that comment, and was astounded someone had liked it.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Maybe we can replace Gus with a HR hire that is also unemployed because that’s the only way Gus gets replaced. Gus outsmarted everybody and will keep his job. 

You mentioned a podcast earlier. Is there a link to it? I went back and read from pg100 and didn't see a link. Did I just not go back far enough?

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus hasn't out smarted anybody since fooling people it was his offense and not Cam Newton(Nick Marshall) making all of his bad play calls look good and successful by being Cam Newton(Nick Marshall).   Gus is a classic case of the Dunning-Krueger Effect.  The dumber you are, the more confident you are that you are not actually dumb.

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You mentioned a podcast earlier. Is there a link to it? I went back and read from pg100 and didn't see a link. Did I just not go back far enough?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-auburnsports-com-rundown/id911904779?mt=2 

The most recent podcast was Tuesday.

Come on now, that’s a stretch. So he never put Cam or Nick in a position for a good play? Ever? Great players make everyone’s offense look better...just look what Tua has done @ Updyke U. 

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Gus hasn't out smarted anybody since fooling people it was his offense and not Cam Newton(Nick Marshall) making all of his bad play calls look good and successful by being Cam Newton(Nick Marshall).   Gus is a classic case of the Dunning-Krueger Effect.  The dumber you are, the more confident you are that you are not actually dumb.

Lol. Ok.

24 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I gotta' call you on this one...not even warning track power.  His assistant coaches' wives may be home runs.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/11/13/penn-state-football-james-franklin-5-reasons-worst/1986050002/

The “might” should have been emphasized. I think he’s a very good coach and recruiter. And more proven than the other up and comers I listed. But not a Stoops, Meyer, Dabo level guy for sure. 

Archived