Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

11 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

The fact that nobody has said anything at all indicates that. 

Several times Auburn officials have come out and said things will be the same with Gus as our HC. People just don't want to listen. 

Alright then. I guess that's that. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does Marcello say Aubrun needs to pack it up its all over for recruiting this year? lol

12 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

The fact that nobody has said anything at all indicates that. 

Several times Auburn officials have come out and said things will be the same with Gus as our HC. People just don't want to listen. 

Are you referring to Greene stating weeks ago that Gus would be back? That has absolutely zero bearing on what’s going on right now. None.

13 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

someone on twitter said the coaches were called back from recruiting don't know where they saw that at though cant find it. if true that would be a sign of someone about to be axed  correct?

lets see the actual tweet and the name behind it. Then it will get maybe one point towards credibility.

3 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

lets see the actual tweet and the name behind it. Then it will get maybe one point towards credibility.

PM is saying that the assistant coaches are asking for answers on the situation while they are out recruiting. 

8 minutes ago, far_away_fan said:

PM is saying that the assistant coaches are asking for answers on the situation while they are out recruiting. 

As they should. Their reputations are on the line and a lot of solid recruiters build a reputation of being honest which helps kids trust them.

Ultimately though kids should be choosing the university and not the coaches. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm hearing from a very unreliable source that Auburn will fire Malzahn tonight at 11:03 PST and Urban Myer will be the coach with Mike Leach as OC and Nick Saban as DC. Take it for what it's worth. Personally, after hearing about Stoops, I feel like this wasn't our home run hire. JABA

Aujeff?

37 minutes ago, chimes said:

Are you referring to Greene stating weeks ago that Gus would be back? That has absolutely zero bearing on what’s going on right now. None.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/auburn-spokesman-nothing-has-changed-with-gus-malzahns-status-in-recent-weeks.html#incart_river_index

This was yesterday

People keep falling for this info coming out of pay sites. There is a reason they keep stirring up ish. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle10 said:

That could just mean, we have t fired him yet. Also, what are they supposed to say? "We're working out a deal behind the scenes to get rid of him".

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

That could just mean, we have t fired him yet. Also, what are they supposed to say? "We're working out a deal behind the scenes to get rid of him".

absolutely nothing. 

4 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

absolutely nothing. 

They probably wanted to get the heat off of them and shut everyone up. I understand what you're saying, buy I just don't buy it. Something fishy is going on.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Honestly, that's about the only positive I'm taking from this cluster**** right now.  Right or wrong, lucid or delusional, Gus believes this team is good enough to compete and be great next year and he's not only betting on himself, but he's betting that he's right about their talent and potential.  And he doesn't want some new guy to swoop in and reap the benefits of something he didn't build.  He wants to be the guy that shows everyone how wrong they are about this group of players.

I still don't think he's the guy to make it happen.  But I do admire his tenacity.

The only problem is he has thought the last 3 teams were going to win too. I mean after all they had good practices. According to Gus we have only been one play away from being great for three years. I do believe he thinks they will win but I also think Gus may not be playing with a full deck.  Remember genius to insanity is a very thin line . 😁

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The only problem is he has thought the last 3 teams were going to win too. I mean after all they had good practices. According to Gus we have only been one play away from being great for three years. I do believe he thinks they will win but I also think Gus may not be playing with a full deck.  Remember genius to insanity is a very thin line . 😁

He's a swindler. He coaches day to day with no vision. I really feel bad for the "I'll give him one more year, because he really thinks he can turn it around" folks. Good Lord. How many times can Auburn be swindled by the guy, before people see what's really happening?!

Lololol I actually am starting to feel bad for Gus, the man, at this point. 

Employer tries to weasel their way into not fulfilling the contract both sides agreed on in an attempt to shaft you out of money you are entitled to due to said agreement. Employer offers a sabatoging type of amendment to the original agreement, even though you know you're being mistreated you accept. Since they didn't want you to accept now they are going to just trying to make a move to move on anyway. 

The coach though? Nah he can get out. He ultimately brought this on to himself. If he didn't dick around so much he wouldn't be grasping for straws for the opportunity to coach this team next year. He knows our freshman are going to have potentially great careers but he screwed around one too many times and is probably regretting it right now. He knows what he needs to do to utilize his talent (see how we ended the regular season last year) but flatly refused to. I'm over it. 

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

someone on twitter said the coaches were called back from recruiting don't know where they saw that at though cant find it. if true that would be a sign of someone about to be axed  correct?

Aw hell nah, there's more three star TE's to be hauled in.  You know that's exactly why Gus is willing to reduce the buy-out.

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He's a swindler. He coaches day to day with no vision. I really feel bad for the "I'll give him one more year, because he really thinks he can turn it around" folks. Good Lord. How many times can Auburn be swindled by the guy, before people see what's really happening?!

Gus philosophy was as clear as day on that driving plains series during the summer with Marcello. He basically said he rather run 4 or 5 plays to perfection than have a bunch of plays that they run well. Dude is never going to change. He thinks nothing needs to be changed and the players just need to execute better. HEY BUB, How about you actually recruit 1 freaking sec level lineman and let your OC do his freaking job and run what he wants to. It is groundhog day every year with Gus. I love the movie but I hate the reality it has us in now! lol.

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lololol I actually am starting to feel bad for Gus, the man, at this point. 

Employer tries to weasel their way into not fulfilling the contract both sides agreed on in an attempt to shaft you out of money you are entitled to due to said agreement. Employer offers a sabatoging type of amendment to the original agreement, even though you know you're being mistreated you accept. Since they didn't want you to accept now they are going to just trying to make a move to move on anyway. 

The coach though? Nah he can get out. He ultimately brought this on to himself. If he didn't dick around so much he wouldn't be grasping for straws for the opportunity to coach this team next year. He knows our freshman are going to have potentially great careers but he screwed around one too many times and is probably regretting it right now. He knows what he needs to do to utilize his talent (see how we ended the regular season last year) but flatly refused to. I'm over it. 

Yeah I would normally feel bad for someone in this situation but....

1. He can always just refuse to negotiate and make them fire him. Then he'll get paiddddd.

And 

2. His ego and poor choices got him into this situation. This isn't his first rodeo with the hot seat. He knew what he needed to do after the Lashlee thing and he just couldn't do it, because he thinks he's the smartest man in the world. This is completely his fault and he needs to suffer the consequences for his poor choices, just like any other employee at Auburn University would.

And that crap he pulled in the second half of the Iron Bowl pushed him past the point of ever being able to redeem himself. It was down right cowardous to give up like that, and the players, fans, and ex players deserve better.

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They probably wanted to get the heat off of them and shut everyone up. I understand what you're saying, buy I just don't buy it. Something fishy is going on.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong🤷🏻‍♂️

You have boosters, who want Gus out, stirring up stuff as much as they possibly can.  Why do you think all of this started right before the early signing period? IF something was really going on, it would have been kept quiet until after the dotted line had been signed.

Archived