Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, WarEagle10 said:

You have boosters, who want Gus out, stirring up stuff as much as they possibly can.  Why do you think all of this started right before the early signing period? IF something was really going on, it would have been kept quiet until after the dotted line had been signed.

I agree on the boosters, but I'm not so sure the Auburn University folks aren't envolved too.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

His ego and poor choices got him into this situation. This isn't his first rodeo with the hot seat. He knew what he needed to do after the Lashlee thing and he just couldn't do it, because he thinks he's the smartest man in the world. This is completely his fault and he needs to suffer the consequences for his poor choices, just like any other employee at Auburn University would.

Reminds me of one of my all time favorites....

demotivator+(29).jpg

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yeah I would normally feel bad for someone in this situation but....

1. He can always just refuse to negotiate and make them fire him. Then he'll get paiddddd.

And 

2. His ego and poor choices got him into this situation. This isn't his first rodeo with the hot seat. He knew what he needed to do after the Lashlee thing and he just couldn't do it, because he thinks he's the smartest man in the world. This is completely his fault and he needs to suffer the consequences for his poor choices, just like any other employee at Auburn University would.

You ain't wrong. I just wish Leath, on behalf of AU, didn't pull the shadiest move possible by offering a disingenuous amendment to his contract. 

That part really makes me salty 

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You ain't wrong. I just wish Leath, on behalf of AU, didn't pull the shadiest move possible by offering a disingenuous amendment to his contract. 

The way I look at it, is Gus gave them a reason to want to give him that buyout and he didn't live up to his end of the bargain. Not just with wins, but with his cowardly iron bowl showing. He's instilled false confidence in his ability to compete consistently, one too many times. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Still not beleiveable that a highly intelligent man would make that kind of offer (on a dare?) to another fairly reasonably intelligent man and it would be accepted.  Natural selection works everywhere on the planet except in the 36849.

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The way I look at it, is Gus gave them a reason to want to give him that buyout and he didn't live up to his end of the bargain. Not just with wins, but with his cowardly iron bowl showing. He's instilled false confidence in his ability to compete consistently, one too many times. 

Yeah but don't do him dirty, just fire him. 

He deserves to be fired. 

Just now, Tiger said:

He deserves to be fired. 

I'll say this. If he's dumb enough to actually take that deal, they shouldn't do it. Because it would be like taking advantage of a simpleton. 

9 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Still not beleiveable that a highly intelligent man would make that kind of offer (on a dare?) to another fairly reasonably intelligent man and it would be accepted.  Natural selection works everywhere on the planet except in the 36849.

LOL seriously. It's some twilight zone stuff. 

Dare is a perfect way to put it, too. It's like this whole thing is scripted 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'll say this. If he's dumb enough to actually take that deal, they shouldn't do it. Because it would be like taking advantage of a simpleton. 

It would be a hate crime 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

He deserves to be fired. 

If Gus wants another year to prove himself and is willing to reduce the buyout, and accept the offer, I really don’t have a problem with it. TUF trying to delegitimize the contract or whatever would’ve been dirty. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

As much as I'm goofing on him, I really do wish him the best. He seems like a good guy  and the players seem to love him. That's why they never give up. I just don't think he's cut out for head coaching in the SEC. It's just time for Auburn and Gustavo to part ways. It's been toxic for a while and there really is no coming back. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think it's still safe to say Auburn is working on something. The fact that nobody has said anything at all indicates that. 

"The fact that there is absolutely no evidence of the conspiracy....merely shows how deep it really goes."

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If Gus wants another year to prove himself and is willing to reduce the buyout, and accept the offer, I really don’t have a problem with it. TUF trying to delegitimize the contract or whatever would’ve been dirty. 

How about this. Pay him what he's owed, but part ways. He DOES NOT deserve another chance at this. Like I've said, this isn't his first time being in this position with Auburn. If it was, I'd be pissed that they didn't give him a shot at redeeming himself. But at this point he's doing his coaching experiments at the literal cost of peoples time and money. And his players careers. He cost Jarrett Stidham a first round spot with his experiments. And he's pretty much cost Malik Willis his shot at being a legitimate SEC QB.

Why should Auburn trust him if he can't even trust his coaches and players?

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

As much as I'm goofing on him, I really do wish him the best. He seems like a good guy  and the players seem to love him. That's why they never give up. I just don't think he's cut out for head coaching in the SEC. It's just time for Auburn and Gustavo to part ways. It's been toxic for a while and there really is no coming back. 

I am afraid he is coming back for 2019. I think what has been said has been said all of this is going to die on the vine with nothing changing. I do think it is time to part ways but do not think it is going to happen until maybe 2019.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am afraid he is coming back for 2019. I think what has been said has been said all of this is going to die on the vine with nothing changing. I do think it is time to part ways but do not think it is going to happen until maybe 2019.

You may be right. I'm not saying he will 100% be gone, but I do think he's going through some stuff right now, and I do think the University is treading lightly with him.

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Pay him what he's owed, but part ways. He DOES NOT deserve another chance at this.

I agree he does not deserve a year. However he doesn’t want to be fired and that’s worst to him than taking money away. I’m only pushing back against Tiger’s stance that taking some buyback protection away in return  for another year is doing him dirty. Gus gets his wish, and the athletic department can take back some of the control that Malzahn has over Auburn. Both parties can come out okay. 

Again, not saying that Gus deserves another year. He’d already be gone if no contract. 

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I agree he does not deserve a year. However he doesn’t want to be fired and that’s worst to him than taking money away. I’m only pushing back against Tiger’s stance that taking some buyback protection away in return  for another year is doing him dirty. Gus gets his wish, and the athletic department can take back some of the control that Malzahn has over Auburn. Both parties can come out okay. 

Again, not saying that Gus deserves another year. He’d already be gone if no contract. 

I'm really referencing stripping him of power, saying the school wouldn't pay for assistants buyouts etc. Trying to tie his hands behind his back I thought was dirty

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm really referencing stripping him of power, saying the school wouldn't pay for assistants buyouts etc. Trying to tie his hands behind his back I thought was dirty

But Gus doesn’t care about money, right? That’s what everyone is saying. If that’s so true, then he’ll gladly pay the buyout for any assistant he wants to fire. So his hands aren’t tied behind his back...

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I have to think that Auburn relaxes on those demands. The program is betting against itself doing stuff like that.

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I have to think that Auburn relaxes on those demands. The program is betting against itself doing stuff like that.

Setting him up to fail. 

I don't like that was the original plan we went with.

24 minutes ago, feindav said:

But Gus doesn’t care about money, right? That’s what everyone is saying. If that’s so true, then he’ll gladly pay the buyout for any assistant he wants to fire. So his hands aren’t tied behind his back...

lol cmon man what other P5 school is putting this type of stipulation on their HC?

27 minutes ago, feindav said:

Regardless of what happens with Gus, what quality coach is going to want to come to a university where the administration/boosters/bots intentionally set coaches up to fail cause they don't want to honor contracts? I don't think many coaches are looking for jobs where they have no control these days.

Lol, and I got labeled sunshine pumper, Gus lover, etc etc cause my reasoning for keeping him was to let him flame out on his own cause Auburn would f' it up and make the job less desirable. Thank God I was wrong.

Maybe they pull a rabbit, but I doubt it.

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I said something similar to Marcello and he blocked me on Twitter. I don’t even know why. It’s pretty obvious that he is a slob that probably eats too much bacon. Bless his heart. 

Blocked you too? I tweeted he was writing about Auburn lately (before this week's fiasco) "as if he had an axe to grind, either that or he's half-bat and smells blood" and he blocked me.

Derp.

Archived