Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not at all. What has Chip accomplished that would warrant a 100k bonus?

Chip has accomplished nothing at Auburn because he has been a good soldier and has followed the ridiculous, misguided orders he's been given. But the bonus was written into his contract before the season. It is not performance based. Perhaps an incentive to stay through the SECCG, not sure. But I think it's a fairly standard setup. And $100k isn't a huge number. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

What is being assumed? Don’t turn this into a pissing contest. And yes, if auburn is to make a change it would be before any bonuses. If Chip leaves on his on accord which I already stated it would be later. 

Hahaha, okay man. Happy Friday. 

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He's put up with Gus for two years? I think we all deserve 100k for that.

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

FWIW one of Chip's grad assistants told me he's (Chip) actively looking to leave for greener pastures. Literally the only "connection" I have with the program and he never tells me too much other than the "mood" of the staff/team. 

Yeah, he definitely wants out. Gus screwed him pretty badly. Fortunately other people in the business know that he wasn't running his own offense here. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Chip has accomplished nothing at Auburn because he has been a good soldier and has followed the ridiculous, misguided orders he's been given. But the bonus was written into his contract before the season. It is not performance based. Perhaps an incentive to stay through the SECCG, not sure. But I think it's a fairly standard setup. And $100k isn't a huge number. 

I'm not saying they should try to back out on it. But even if Gus took his clip board away and called all the plays, which I don't think is actually what happened. I think Gus and Chip shared play calling duties. Chip's players weren't well coached or prepared. He didn't just sit in his office and watch film all season. He was out there coaching at practice. And his QB regressed, his linemen got pushed around, his receivers dropped wide open balls, etc. He's at least somewhat responsible for this trash.

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Put up with Captain Micromanaging Dipshit for 2 years.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

FWIW one of Chip's grad assistants told me he's (Chip) actively looking to leave for greener pastures. Literally the only "connection" I have with the program and he never tells me too much other than the "mood" of the staff/team. 

My boss's son is friends and goes to school with Chip Lindsey's daughter at Lee-Scott I've been told. Apparently he's a pretty trustworthy confidante because he'll claim to have known things well before it's reached the public ear.

Of it's kinda like the time I heard from a co-worker who worked another job with the girlfriend of Jovon Robinson who said she was trying to help Jovon get out of the doghouse and back on the straight and narrow. (That was in Dec. 2015 At the time it seemed like he was making progress. Then July happened)

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

My boss's son is friends and goes to school with Chip Lindsey's daughter at Lee-Scott I've been told. Apparently he's a pretty trustworthy confidante because he'll claim to have known things well before it's reached the public ear.

Of it's kinda like the time I heard from a co-worker who worked another job with the girlfriend of Jovon Robinson who said she was trying to help Jovon get out of the doghouse and back on the straight and narrow. (That was in Dec. 2015 At the time it seemed like he was making progress. Then July happened)

Man what Jovon could have been...

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, he definitely wants out. Gus screwed him pretty badly. Fortunately other people in the business know that he wasn't running his own offense here. 

Exactly. It goes back to the “whole body of work”. When they were doing well before they came to you maybe it’s time for some self-reflection. 

Just now, Zeek said:

Exactly. It goes back to the “whole body of work”. When they were doing well before they came to you maybe it’s time for some self-reflection. 

Gus? Self reflection? Bahhh. Didn't you realize, he's done everything as perfect as a coach can do it. He just doesn't have the players.

41 minutes ago, AURealist said:

But.....  We have that part now.    :P

Haha whoops other way around but yes unless its Urban or Dabo I don't think its worth paying any other coach the max including stoops 

I'm not saying they should try to back out on it. But even if Gus took his clip board away and called all the plays, which I don't think is actually what happened. I think Gus and Chip shared play calling duties. Chip's players weren't well coached or prepared. He didn't just sit in his office and watch film all season. He was out there coaching at practice. And his QB regressed, his linemen got pushed around, his receivers dropped wide open balls, etc. He's at least somewhat responsible for this trash.

Could he have done a better job? Probably. Nobody's perfect. But Tim Horton and JB Grimes are not Chip's guys. Those are Gus's guys. The route tree is not his route tree. That's Gus's route tree. You could go on down the line. Are he and Gus sharing play calling duties? Yup. Which means that he's not running his offense. There are so many things that have compromised Chip's ability to do his job that, no, this isn't his fault. 

Honest question: How much film have you watched of his offense at Arizona State?

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Gus? Self reflection? Bahhh. Didn't you realize, he's done everything as perfect as a coach can do it. He just doesn't have the players.

No that was Lefty, the year before we won the SEC and played for a national championship!

I guess Scott Loefler was right all along!

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

No that was Lefty, the year before we won the SEC and played for a national championship!

Damn...beat me by a hair lol

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Man what Jovon could have been...

Could've been the 2nd-best RB in this program's history if a couple things (like his brain) went a different way. 

After a good nights sleep, one question remains. If the school president also wants rid of Gus (under new buy-out terms) who is it that wants to keep him? Is there still a big donor on the side of Gus?

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How much film have you watched of his offense at Arizona State?

that would be a  good thing for the chip-haters to do...this garbage is not anything like his arizona offense

You know, the last time Al Borges left Auburn there was an offensive power vacuum...

Perhaps Al played a much bigger role in getting Auburn into competition form than we could've realized.

Maybe it's time to bring the real Big Al back to Auburn!

Could he have done a better job? Probably. Nobody's perfect. But Tim Horton and JB Grimes are not Chip's guys. Those are Gus's guys. The route tree is not his route tree. That's Gus's route tree. You could go on down the line. Are he and Gus sharing play calling duties? Yup. Which means that he's not running his offense. There are so many things that have compromised Chip's ability to do his job that, no, this isn't his fault. 

Honest question: How much film have you watched of his offense at Arizona State?

Look man. I'm not saying the offensive woes are all on Chip. Not at all. Anyone who follows Auburn knows better than that. But Im not going to give Chip a pass on what has happened this season. It's a coaching team effort to regresses this much in one season. I don't think any coach on the offensive side earned their pay. But the two biggest flops this season were JS and the offensive line. And Chip Lindsey was Jarrett's coach. So he's earned some heat.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I guess Scott Loefler was right all along!

New HC at Bowling Green. Jumped Va Tech's offense from down around where we are now up to respectability. Dude is probably more of an offensive genius than our head coach. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Look man. I'm not saying the offensive woes are all on Chip. Not at all. Anyone who follows Auburn knows better than that. But Im not going to give Chip a pass on what has happened this season. It's a coaching team effort to regresses this much in one season. I don't think any coach on the offensive side earned their pay. But the two biggest flops this season were JS and the offensive line. And Chip Lindsey was Jarrett's coach. So he's earned some heat.

Ok. 

Edit: I guess that's a no on the ASU film. I do recommend it. He did more with less with his QBs there. Makes you wonder what happened here. 

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

You know, the last time Al Borges left Auburn there was an offensive power vacuum...

Perhaps Al played a much bigger role in getting Auburn into competition form than we could've realized.

Maybe it's time to bring the real Big Al back to Auburn!

If you look at the offense that was recruited for Al Borges, then see how many of them were drafted in the NFL, big Al basically had an NFL team! And he did quite well with that talent!

Ok. 

Edit: I guess that's a no on the ASU film. I do recommend it. He did more with less with his QBs there. Makes you wonder what happened here. 

I've watched some when he was hired here. He was throttled. I know that. No arguing with you there. But sometimes things work at some schools and not at others. Van Gorder, Loeffler, Tony Franklin, etc. But I'm not going to just give some coaches a pass and **** on others. Especially not the OC. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

New HC at Bowling Green. Jumped Va Tech's offense from down around where we are now up to respectability. Dude is probably more of an offensive genius than our head coach. 

He definitely seems to have nine lives. You realize, you just said Bowling Green, correct?

Not trying to give you a hard time or be argumentative but When Terry Bowden took over the mighty Akron Zips, were you ready to bring him back to Auburn?

Archived