Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Could someone please read every single post for me on this thread and give me a summary of each page?  That would be 116 summaries please.  :laugh:  Such a long thread.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the waiting till the early signing period to end thing would have merit if it were only assistant coaches futures in limbo. I don't think you change the timing of making a move on the HC based on that. You're playing with fire doing that and that's total garbage to treat the recruits that way. 

13 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Meh.  Does anyone care about this guy's opinion?  These idiots like Marshall and Moon need to stop trying to move the story or be the story and stick to reporting on it.  We know we've imbecilic petty tyrants making poor decisions at AU.  That's not news. 

It was an just another "insider" giving his very vague opinion with absolutely zero substantive information.  If that makes him feel important, more power to him.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Could someone please read every single post for me on this thread and give me a summary of each page?  That would be 116 summaries please.  :laugh:  Such a long thread.

giphy.gif

You're welcome.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Page 1: It’s happening 

Page 2: It’s not happening 

Page 3: Factions are fighting, it’s going to happen

Page 4: The weaseling President won’t let it happen.

and so on....

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Page 1: It’s happening 

Page 2: It’s not happening 

Page 3: Factions are fighting, it’s going to happen

Page 4: The weaseling President won’t let it happen.

and so on....

lol this is pretty good actually

27 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

he appears to be an insider like Phil.  Marcello. Tate . etc don't know how good his sources are though

Not being sarcastic, but what have you seen that leads you to believe he’s an insider? All I’ve seen are articles where he says things we already know, so I’m truly curious if I’ve missed something.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I think the waiting till the early signing period to end thing would have merit if it were only assistant coaches futures in limbo. I don't think you change the timing of making a move on the HC based on that. You're playing with fire doing that and that's total garbage to treat the recruits that way. 

"No doubt."  And then that feeling lingers among their coaches and they'll remember it when Auburn comes calling in the future.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

After a good nights sleep, one question remains. If the school president also wants rid of Gus (under new buy-out terms) who is it that wants to keep him? Is there still a big donor on the side of Gus?

To me the President wants to keep Gus, at least for another year, if he can rework the buyout.  This is just Leath trying to make the contract he negotiated be acceptable to his bosses and save his job (or make him more hireable).  Heath is in it to make himself look respectable, not to make Auburn look good.  The BOT member on his side is also in it to save face.

If Gus stays, the spin will be the media acted on rumor and there is “nothing to see here”.  If Gus finds another job it is a win/win for Heath and the BOT.  The concern is if Gus is fired; how will it go down?  With the full buyout, a reworked buyout or does Auburn go to court and try to nullify the buyout?

As to renegotiating the current contract, Gus had a contract at the end of last season and Auburn agreed to renegotiate due to his performance during 2017, especially the last few weeks.  It would be just as reasonable for Auburn to ask to renegotiate with Gus because of his performance of 2018.   I still don’t know if he has signed anything or what the details are of this supposed renegotiated contract.  A lot of things the fans just don’t know.

It is entertaining, but I’m ready for this to end so we can argue about the decision made.  🤭

Leath is due back today. I hope the man will let the world know what is going or not going to happen. No doubt the damage that has been done is severe if not addressed in a way that will solidly confirm what the future of Auburn football will be.  If we are going to keep Gus, then give him the latitude to fire and hire asap or let the me ride off in the very rich sunset. Anything other than this is a recipe for disaster. In all sincerity, the horse needs to have its saddle on and ready to whisk Gus of into the sunset.

I hope AD Greene truly understands the magnitude of the situation and can talk sense into Leath and Harbert if this is possible at this point.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's not wrong and he's not moving the story so much as giving a brutally honest accounting of it.  He's especially right about the fact that there certainly is a lot of behind the scenes power struggle drama at other schools, but somehow Auburn is the one that always makes it into public drama.

The only things missing are the facts upon which his story rests.  The gist is that Gus can't survive this "fiasco" .  What fiasco?  There's only a fiasco if Bob Stoops is a liar and there's a hush-hush double secret contract signed somewhere that neuters Gus' power over his program.  But we know it's all true because, well....  people are saying things.  If you take away the rumors, the story becomes: 'Gus Malzahn is on the hot seat for going 7-5!'  But that's boring.  Rumors are so much more exciting.

I get MMarshall is an Auburn alum and he's as sick of the poor management as the rest of us, but nobody in the media should be calling a man's career ruined because of unsubstantiated rumors.  

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Kind of how we're all feeling...

Screenshot_20181130-094318~2.png

AKA Leath and Harbert want to keep him and everyone else basically wants him gone.

5 minutes ago, Weagle Beagle said:

"No doubt."  And then that feeling lingers among their coaches and they'll remember it when Auburn comes calling in the future.

Yup. We already made ourselves look like an unattractive place to coach at with this entire ordeal, that would just be pouring gas on the fire.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

AKA Leath and Harbert want to keep him and everyone else basically wants him gone.

This guy's obscure tweets are infuriating. If you don't have anything to say, just don't talk. Good grief. 

7 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You haven't been paying attention.

I assume what you mean is that since Saban has been at bama, we have never gotten a major recruit that he wanted....no matter who our coach has been. 

JMO but as long as Saban is there, that's not gonna change.   

As for Kirby?    Too soon to tell but he is a good recruiter and has natural advantage in the state of Georgia. If I recall, we make a big deal of hiring assistants who are good recruiters.  HCs are often the "closers"...but assistants do the heavy lifting. 

Just now, AURealist said:

The only things missing are the facts upon which his story rests.  The gist is that Gus can't survive this "fiasco" .  What fiasco?  There's only a fiasco if Bob Stoops is a liar and there's a hush-hush double secret contract signed somewhere that neuters Gus' power over his program.  But we know it's all true because, well....  people are saying things.  If you take away the rumors, the story becomes: 'Gus Malzahn is on the hot seat for going 7-5!'  But that's boring.  Rumors are so much more exciting.

I get MMarshall is an Auburn alum and he's as sick of the poor management as the rest of us, but nobody in the media should be calling a man's career ruined because of unsubstantiated rumors.  

The fiasco is that all of this stuff is being leaked.  Sure, the story would just be "Gus Malzahn is on the hot seat for going 7-5," but the powers that be at Auburn can't keep their ******* mouths shut.  And all this skullduggery going public is making it more and more unlikely that Gus can come back.  But it is also screwing Auburn in that it will make getting an obvious upgrade to Gus that much harder.

And let's not stick our heads in the sand here.  The Stoops stuff and attempt to make Gus want to leave under onerous new oversight isn't just bull**** somebody made up.  You have to be supremely naive to think that the things being said aren't substantially and essentially true.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

This is so damn dumb. From literally all parties. The Prez for not looking out for what's best for AU, the money guys for making this a joke of a public mess, and Gus for even entertaining a stupid ass offer like the one Leath offered him. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I've watched some when he was hired here. He was throttled. I know that. No arguing with you there. But sometimes things work at some schools and not at others. Van Gorder, Loeffler, Tony Franklin, etc. But I'm not going to just give some coaches a pass and **** on others. Especially not the OC. 

I used to say the EXACT SAME THING about Lashlee. People on here tried to tell me, but I didn't listen. What mattered to me was Lashlee was the OC and he was paid to do the job. After Lashlee left and Chip came in, and the offense was just as predictable as when Lashlee was here, it became quite obvious. As I've said countless times, it's time to stop blaming the variables (Lashlee, Lindsey, Stidham, Sean White, JJ6) and start blaming the constant (Malzahn.)

30 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

They could be waiting until early signing period to make coaching changes.

That would be a bad move 

If changes are made, it needs to be soon, so the incoming coach can try and salvage the class.

My guess is if Monday comes and goes without a new coach, Gus will be back.

I still think that the story leak about Stoops has basically saved Gus’s job. Any change after whiffing on Stoops looks discouraging to the fan base 

Unless we didn't whiff on Stoops. You never know. Saban denied that he would be Bamas coach a thousand times. Tuberville said he would only leave Ole Miss in a pine box a matter of DAYS before he became Auburns coach. 

Of course Stoops would deny having ANY conversation with Auburn when Auburn still has a head coach. No coach will say they "yes I have been in contact with Auburn even though they still have a coach."

Archived