Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DAG said:

So no indications of anything except Gus is and looks like will remain our coach? I am starting to think if there is even any truth to this redefined buy out agreement 

Man if we spent 123 pages on nothing, I'll feel really foolish. Slow week at work though, so it kept me pretty entertained. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man if we spent 123 pages on nothing, I'll feel really foolish. Slow week at work though, so it kept me pretty entertained. 

That’s exactly what it is . Ultimately nothing at the moment . 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

So no indications of anything except Gus is and looks like will remain our coach? I am starting to think if there is even any truth to this redefined buy out agreement 

As stupid and just downright dumb as this may be Gus has been giving the hard sell to harbert and leath that getting Kelly Bryant will just magically solve all of our issues for next season. I think they are waiting to see if Gus can land him. It would be so JABA.

Source: Auburn's Larry Porter a candidate at North Carolina

ByBRANDON MARCELLO 

AUBURN, Alabama — Larry Porter is considering a return to North Carolina as the Tar Heels' running backs coach, a source tells Auburn Undercover.

The Auburn tight ends and special teams coach has coached the last two seasons at Auburn after he previously severed on Larry Fedora's staff during the 2014-16 seasons as the running backs coach at North Carolina. Former North Carolina and Texas coach Mack Brown was hired to replace Fedora this week and the 67-year-old is quickly filling out his staff. Porter is considered one of Brown's top candidates to join the staff as a running backs coach. It's not certain if Fedora would accept the job if offered.

Kansas coach Les Miles has also been interested in interviewing Porter for a job on his staff.

Porter earned about $280,000 per season during his three-year stint at North Carolina. He joined the Auburn staff in February 2017. He added duties as special teams coordinator, which were relinquished by running backs coach Tim Horton, prior to the 2018 season.

Porter is paid $505,000 per season at Auburn. His contract is set to expire January 31, 2019, according to documents provided to Auburn Undercover.

Auburn's special teams experienced drastic improvements under Porter's leadership in 2018.

The Tigers improved from 115th nationally to No. 6 in net punting and kickoff coverage improved from last in the country (130th) to 47th nationally, while punt and kickoff returns ranked in the top 50.

Auburn's tight ends accounted for four catches for 49 yards and one touchdown in the regular season. Tight ends are rarely used in the passing game in head coach Gus Malzahn's system.

Porter is not the only Auburn assistant coach up for jobs elsewhere across the country. Offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey has reportedly interviewed for the same job at Tennessee on coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff.

Auburn finished Malzahn's sixth season with a 7-5 record and awaits its bowl destination, which will be announced Sunday afternoon.

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Clearly not well since it took us to the sec title game and he took it back from chip this season!!! lol

Almost seems like that's exactly what happened. 

We also saw flashes of Chip's plays throughout this season and more often than not they worked okay. Then, poof, they quickly vanished each time. 

Image result for you don't mow another man's lawn gif

this thread reminds me of campers outside best buy the night before black friday hoping to get a good deal when the doors open and then remembering you forgot you wallet.......

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

As stupid and just downright dumb as this may be Gus has been giving the hard sell to harbert and leath that getting Kelly Bryant will just magically solve all of our issues for next season. I think they are waiting to see if Gus can land him. It would be so JABA.

If Gus has been selling them on Bryant, then they should have asked a follow up question to him: what is your plan for 2020 and beyond?

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

It's something I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

I love Coach Larry Porter. SAVE YOURSELF COACH!!!!! Get out while you can. Do not go down with this sinking ship. He has been around long enough to know when he is at a clown show.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

i am afraid getting kelly might backfire on us and cause division within the team. i understand the competition thing but i wonder if willis has been promiised a fair shot? i keep thinking i heard or read where it was said gus would not take a grad transfer to sit on the bench. and i still think there was some division with the team this season but that is just my opinion and i have no facts to back it up.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I love Coach Larry Porter. SAVE YOURSELF COACH!!!!! Get out while you can. Do not go down with this sinking ship. He has been around long enough to know when he is at a clown show.

I didn't mean that in a anti Larry Porter way. I was just saying, at least it's some news about someone. 

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If Gus has been selling them on Bryant, then they should have asked a follow up question to him: what is your plan for 2020 and beyond?

That is just to much planning for Gus!! He needs to go to waffle house and map it all out! lol

Hilarious. I just don’t think I believe too much of this crap now. So we have a rogue president who just refuses to give up Gus , even in the face of losing tons of monetary support? Probably Public support as well? Not to mention , apparently we can pony up the money to end such a problem ? Instead , chooses to shrug off that and cause a war between sides ? Just doesn’t make sense 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i am afraid getting kelly might backfire on us and cause division within the team. i understand the competition thing but i wonder if willis has been promiised a fair shot? i keep thinking i heard or read where it was said gus would not take a grad transfer to sit on the bench. and i still think there was some division with the team this season but that is just my opinion and i have no facts to back it up.

Neither Kelly Bryant or Malik Willis moves the needle that much. I do get what you are saying. I am sure it would not go over well. IMO only Khalil Tate would be a game changer and really help us next season. That dude is a flat out electrifying stud.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

he would be hard to replace recruiting wise in my humble opinion.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Almost seems like that's exactly what happened. 

We also saw flashes of Chip's plays throughout this season and more often than not they worked okay. Then, poof, they quickly vanished each time. 

Image result for you don't mow another man's lawn gif

Great show 

Just now, DAG said:

Hilarious. I just don’t think I believe too much of this crap now. So we have a rogue president who just refuses to give up Gus , even in the face of losing tons of monetary support? Probably Public support as well? Not to mention , apparently we can pony up the money to end such a problem ? Instead , chooses to shrug off that and cause a war between sides ? Just doesn’t make sense 

It seems to be if it were not for those 2 dudes Gus would already be gone. They seem to be the only ones in his corner. MAN leath is a stubborn ol yankee.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

he would be hard to replace recruiting wise in my humble opinion.

Next year recruiting is tanked anyways if Gus is back. It does not really matter. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Yup. He and Chip will leave on their own free will because they are talented coaches who will get better offers. 

Will be interesting to see if Chip takes Kodi. He was bringing him to ASU before we hired both of them. Or maybe Kodi gets other offers. Will be interesting to see what happens there. I could see Kodi staying loyal to Gus. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I didn't mean that in a anti Larry Porter way. I was just saying, at least it's some news about someone. 

lol and I did not take it in a anti Larry Porter way. Only one I know who fights me on Larry Porter is Coarch.

Neither Kelly Bryant or Malik Willis moves the needle that much. I do get what you are saying. I am sure it would not go over well. IMO only Khalil Tate would be a game changer and really help us next season. That dude is a flat out electrifying stud.

I mentioned him in another post. If he does in fact transfer I think he would be a game changer for us.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Yup. He and Chip will leave on their own free will because they are talented coaches who will get better offers. 

Will be interesting to see if Chip takes Kodi. He was bringing him to ASU before we hired both of them. Or maybe Kodi gets other offers. Will be interesting to see what happens there. I could see Kodi staying loyal to Gus. 

Kodi def needs to go as well. He has shown he can recruit even when it defies reason for WRs to want to come here.

Archived