Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I don't know why it would be unwise.  If the man can score 40+ at Ole Miss against Saban twice, he'll have success just about anywhere as an OC.

Because everyone wants Gus gone yesterday. Do you really think it would be smart for Freeze to join a staff like that?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I don't know why it would be unwise.  If the man can score 40+ at Ole Miss against Saban twice, he'll have success just about anywhere as an OC.

Because if he doesn’t then Gus gets fired and then freeze is without a job 

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Because everyone wants Gus gone yesterday. Do you really think it would be smart for Freeze to join a staff like that?

The way we hire coaches, that's probably his quickest way to being our Head Coach. 

25 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

The main thing that keeps this hope alive in my mind is the fact that no AU reps have rushed to deny it.  At least not that I'm aware.

That's what I've been looking for in all this.  From a PR perspective, it would seem that if this story was misconstrued or just plain false, AU would slam the brakes immediately, but if it has legs, as it seems to, they'd wait and let it play out before making an announcement one way or the other.

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And the lack of a program.  Each year is a toss up. There is no guiding principle, no foundation, no direction, no focus, and no identity. We don't have a football program. Each year is unknown. We never seem to build or develop towards the future.

Had this same conversation with my *******INSIDER******* yesterday. We don’t have a program, we have a sloppily thrown together group of players and coaches who’s identity not only changes from year to year but game to game.

12 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Curious, why do you think so?  Conventional opinion is that Gus and Hugh would go together like shrimp 'n grits...

Because they are out to fire Gus. This is known. It is not known whether Gus and Freeze will make a difference. It’s a big risk. He be better off waiting to see what happens at Auburn then apply for the job if Gus gets fired lol.

1 minute ago, Weagle Beagle said:

That's what I've been looking for in all this.  From a PR perspective, it would seem that if this story was misconstrued or just plain false, AU would slam the brakes immediately, but if it has legs, as it seems to, they'd wait and let it play out before making an announcement one way or the other.

Yeah, the longer this thing goes on and grows without denial from AU, the more credible it looks.

Just now, chimes said:

Had this same conversation with my *******INSIDER******* yesterday. We don’t have a program, we have a sloppily thrown together group of players and coaches who’s identity not only changes from year to year but game to game.

I think this is why we look so bad in the first two to three games EVERY year, even the good ones. We just don't know who we are at the beginning of the season, which is... unfortunate.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Well they should allow Greene to do his job. But how can he do it, when allegedly the PTB/money people are meeting with Stoops and his reps behind the AD’s back. As long as Auburn operates this way the cycle will never ever end. You can have input but I think it’s bush league to be meeting with a potential coach without any input from the AD. The AD at that point becomes a figure head with responsibility for a coach he had no input on hiring. 

Thank you for posting this Poet!

Personally, I'm not excited or pleased with the fact that PTB/Money Men are meeting in a clandestine type situation with potential replacements behind the back of not only Allene Greene (probably the very week he publicly supported CGM) but they also went behind the Auburn Administration (Leath) as well.   This feels very 2003'ish to me.  

I was excited to get new blood in the Administration with Leath & Greene and felt Auburn had finally turned the corner and shed the GOB Network once and for all.  Sadly, it's the SOS and the "puppet masters" are pulling strings just like they always have, acting with their own agenda.

1 minute ago, AUinfusion said:

I think this is why we look so bad in the first two to three games EVERY year, even the good ones. We just don't know who we are at the beginning of the season, which is... unfortunate.

Yes.  Even in the seasons of our last two title games, we started very slowly and could have easily lost multiple games early, to average teams.

16 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I took you for one of the young ones.  I was born in 89 as well. 

Y'all are young...of course everyone is compared to Golf...just sayin.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because they are out to fire Gus. This is known. It is not known whether Gus and Freeze will make a difference. It’s a big risk. He be better off waiting to see what happens at Auburn then apply for the job if Gus gets fired lol.

But I'm wondering how much popularity this story has outside this forum.  The Stoops denial made the mainstream, but has this story spread like the wildfire it seems to be here?

3 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

which is... bad coaching.

2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

But I'm wondering how much popularity this story has outside this forum.  The Stoops denial made the mainstream, but has this story spread like the wildfire it seems to be here?

I don’t know about stoops . However, the one consistent rumor among our insiders is that Gus has very minimal support from the power brokers.

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Personally, I'm not excited or pleased with the fact that PTB/Money Men are meeting in a clandestine type situation with potential replacements behind the back of not only Allene Greene (probably the very week he publicly supported CGM) but they also went behind the Auburn Administration (Leath) as well.   This feels very 2003'ish to me.  

I was excited to get new blood in the Administration with Leath & Greene and felt Auburn had finally turned the corner and shed the GOB Network once and for all.  Sadly, it's the SOS and the "puppet masters" are pulling strings just like they always have, acting with their own agenda.

Who's to say that Greene didn't give them a wink/wink acknowledgement to go have this conversation?  Would make sense in some ways if he did that, as he could then advocate to Leathe that removing Gus is fine because we know there's a sure-fire replacement ready to go.  If I was an AD fighting against the President in this situation, that's exactly what I would do.  Unfortunately college athletics are shady as hell and you can't do everything out in the open.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don’t know about stoops . However, the one consistent rumor among our insiders is that Gus has very minimal support from the power brokers.

captain obvious.jpg

to me, it sounds like more and more the PTB want it to be known that "Auburn" wants Gus gone. maybe meetings have be held with someone, maybe not, it doens't matter. the important thing to them is for it to be known "Auburn" is looking at other people. my guess is the logic there is that Gus would not feel wanted or know that no matter what, he is gone after next year a a minimum and he might choose to leave on his own. I know, I know, the free money he will give up. i think it is a huge risk, but it seems like that is more likely what is going on here than Bob stoops wants to come coach here.

14 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

It’s infuriating. As a coach, it’s your responsibility to identify team strengths and weaknesses early on in preseason. You build on the strengths and work hard to correct or hide weaknesses. Gus has never been able to do this

24 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Rats leave a sinking ship, they don't climb aboard

13 minutes ago, keesler said:
2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Well they should allow Greene to do his job. But how can he do it, when allegedly the PTB/money people are meeting with Stoops and his reps behind the AD’s back. As long as Auburn operates this way the cycle will never ever end. You can have input but I think it’s bush league to be meeting with a potential coach without any input from the AD. The AD at that point becomes a figure head with responsibility for a coach he had no input on hiring. 

C'mon y'all.

Much like Gus' current Offense, it's a classic Auburn version of..... Misdirection....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And the lack of a program.  Each year is a toss up. There is no guiding principle, no foundation, no direction, no focus, and no identity. We don't have a football program. Each year is unknown. We never seem to build or develop towards the future.

Every time we have a good year and it's time to really build momentum, show people we are real.....we fold. Super frustrating

Archived