Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

When you get called out by the National media for trying to hire a coach before you fire your current coach with a $32 million buyout it’s a mess.

I'm out of likes!

πŸ‘πŸΌ

Β 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man it's crazy how fast the rumor mill starts ramping up, this time a year. When for all anyone really knows, Gus could be on the road recruiting and Leath and Greene are just going about their business as usual.πŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I believe this is the play right now to be honest.

Β 

Also, I am worried this is doing damage to our recruiting class.Β  It's a dangerous game being played right now.

Not just this class ...future classes as well. Auburn right now looks like a university void of strong leadership in as it relates to athletics. It’s gonna be used on the trail until we prove we are unified and have some sort of direction. Just look at what the big thee programs including softball have been through over the past few years. Somebody needs to grab the athletic department by the horns and lead it in the right direction.Β 

13 minutes ago, keesler said:

Who approved the residence upgrades? And who's approving the payments for the upgrade?Β  Leath as to answer to a finance committee, and business managers for large projects like this.Β  Β Hell, Leath doesn't have autonomy relative to fully executing CGM's contract extension last year - he reports to a BOT and they have to approve expenditures that run up into the millions.Β Β 

Listen, I understand the frustration with the existing contract and the irritation with Leath's approval and recommendation to grant CGM the extension and buyout.Β  But at the end of the day, some of the very same people that 12 months ago approved that contract are very well the same folks working deals behind the President/Athletic Director and the current HC.

The Auburn Athletic Department and even the damn AU Presidency is still under the thumb of 1-2 boosters.Β  Are they rogue Boosters?Β  IDKΒ  Β But this latest leak to the media does nothing to help Auburn -- and if you aren't helping then your harming at this point.

So if your onΒ a board and your CEO comes to you with a no lose option to invest a million dollars and you take his word only to find out it was garbage later, do you not fire the CEO? If I’m sitting on that board he is gone in a blink of on eye.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Not just this class ...future classes as well. Auburn right now looks like a university void of strong leadership in as it relates to athletics. It’s gonna be used on the trail until we prove we are unified and have some sort of direction. Just look at what the big thee programs including softball have been through over the past few years. Somebody needs to grab the athletic department by the horns and lead it in the right direction.Β 

That should be the job of the AD and nobody else. If AG won't do that, he needs to be gone.

What ever is going on real or imagined has been brought under control for the moment.Β  Crickets.Β  Planned media splash would be for around sec champ game. Would have to be a bobby dazzler hire.Β  Oak Island.....could it be? More crickets.

9 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I agree...one way to show that direction is to make a splash hire like Stoops.Β  The negative reaction to the money to pay off GM and to pay BS would be short lived in my opinion knowing that you actually have a proven commodity AND a direction!Β  The recruiting would take care of itself.Β  If we stay with the status quo we are doomed for years...it will take that long to recover from the damage.Β  Almost like being on probation...

3 minutes ago, ausburn said:

What ever is going on real or imagined has been brought under control for the moment.Β  Crickets.Β  Planned media splash would be for around sec champ game. Would have to be a bobby dazzler hire.Β  Oak Island.....could it be? More crickets.

Jesus. You need a new picture. That profile pic is so 2016. Lol

3 minutes ago, ausburn said:

Well that would be one way to interject ourselves into conference championship week.

Stoops denial seems very definite. Others seem to think that he didn't totally close the door to it or that this is just part of the process. I hope those people are correct. I however am very doubtful of that. It is strange though that it has been so quiet. At the very least I would have expected some news on position coaches and coordinators but... nothing. something is up. Real considerations are occurring in regards to Malzahn;'s future. I want him gone. period. I would love for it to be Stoops to step in. I'm just not getting my hopes up. On a side note, where is the notion that DABO could come to Auburn coming from. Is it all a joke?

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Well that would be one way to interject ourselves into conference championship week.

Ahh the ol "we are waiting for the SECCG to hijack the news cycle" topic. Right on time. We Auburn folks are creatures of habit, we are.

I feel like Stoops really would've highlighted the fact that he's retired if there was no smoke to this. He could've driven the point home by saying he's out of coaching and intends to stay out of coaching.

Otherwise, what he told the media was merely protocol commenting on a job that is not officially open. Coaches just don't cross that line.

Gus is out recruiting.

Auburn is not going to respondΒ to unfounded crazy rumors.

All this does isΒ hurt Auburn more. We went from a "Gus bus" crash to a train wreck. Good luck to AG dealing with this mess. I bet he is like "get me the **** out of this crazy place".Β 

Even if Gus stays, which is probable, it is going to be terrible awkward. This sounds familiar.Β 

The whole situation is JABA.Β 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jesus. You need a new picture. That profile pic is so 2016. Lol

Hey...many wanted him (not I) just a reminder of how we go in cycles.Β  We could get him cheap now. Lol

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

Stoops denial seems very definite. Others seem to think that he didn't totally close the door to it or that this is just part of the process. I hope those people are correct. I however am very doubtful of that. It is strange though that it has been so quiet. At the very least I would have expected some news on position coaches and coordinators but... nothing. something is up. Real considerations are occurring in regards to Malzahn;'s future. I want him gone. period. I would love for it to be Stoops to step in. I'm just not getting my hopes up. On a side note, where is the notion that DABO could come to Auburn coming from. Is it all a joke?

There are two things I noticed about his statement:

1. Β He said he hadn't talked to Auburn but didn't say, "and no one who represents me talked to anyone from Auburn." Β And that language matters.

2. Β He didn't shoot down the notion of going back into coaching. Β He didn't say "I'm staying retired."

Now none of that means he's coming or a deal will get done. Β But it does seem rather carefully phrased.

1 minute ago, ausburn said:

Hey...many wanted him (not I) just a reminder of how we go in cycles.Β  We could get him cheap now. Lol

I'd rather have Rodney Garner than that nutcase. πŸ˜‚

34 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I love Tubs, but his comment that Auburn can't catch Bama and UGA is hilarious. Tubs is saying AU can't compete with Smart and Saban because HE couldn't compete with Smart and Saban.

and yet Auburn beat them both last year. If Auburn cant catch them why try? Just be happy with mediocre seasons and deposit the checks from their bowl appearances.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

There are two things I noticed about his statement:

1. Β He said he hadn't talked to Auburn but didn't say, "and no one who represents me talked to anyone from Auburn." Β And that language matters.

2. Β He didn't shoot down the notion of going back into coaching. Β He didn't say "I'm staying retired."

Now none of that means he's coming or a deal will get done. Β But it does seem rather carefully phrased.

But did he have to call it ridiculous?! That hurt!

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

2 minutes ago

BREAKING: Gus Malzahn is close to accepting changes to stay at Auburn (via )

Welp. That's that. Welcome to your own personal hell, Gus.

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Better than Gus being "guest analyst".

Archived