Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Just now, DAG said:

All they going to do is fire him next year smh 

That's what I am afraid of...just delaying the inevitable.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep what I figured. Leath trying to save face. If Gus Stays he is gone after next year. He thinks he can fool somebody again so he will take the bait. I still think we should fire Leath then fire Gus and then AU could start to repair the damage. Also notice negotiations are in RH’s hands.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

He might take this deal, but I'm still getting the feeling that the situation is just too toxic.  Auburn is basically putting the screws to him - reduce the buyout, no real opportunity to revamp the offensive staff, coming back on the hot seat next year.  He basically gives up all leverage just to buy himself one more year.

I'm just not sure he'll do it.

At the expense of next year football season. 

Just now, AU-24 said:

It means he was never leaving in the first place, and the Bob Stoops rumor was a bunch of BS!

Or it means that the Stoops rumors were accurate but they couldn't come to an agreement on numbers or other stipulations with him.

If what that article says turns out to be how things shake out, we've guaranteed a lame-duck coach situation. We've solidified a staff likely about as cohesive as a sandcastle. We will effectively nuke our recruiting for at least a couple of seasons, destroy nearly all enthusiasm with the boosters and fanbase and be back here again next season. I seriously doubt that buyout is coming down very much. 

Auburn is BY FAR its own worst enemy. 

Just now, wareagleguy said:

Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today?

Exactly.  All this is doing is buying Gus one more miserable year then we fire him.  Recruiting will tank this year if he stays.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So this SOB is going to get away with the absolute trash season without even having to sacrifice a staff member?! Ladies and Gents, we are losers here at Auburn. Might as well just accept it. 

Not so fast my friend.  Changes have to be revenue neutral.  Can spend less or equal to.

Ok the silver lining in this for me anyways is this is in a way forcing Malzahn to look elsewhere. If he doesn’t have the control that he wants then to him is it worth staying? At the same time this scenario honestly makes little sense in that EVERYONE stays. Can you imagine the turmoil next season if that’s the case?

My heart is sooo broken right now. Gus keeps doing this to me.

"Oh, look! He beat 2 #1 teams in a row by breaking all his stupid ass tendencies"

"Oh, look! We are serious about firing him and bringing in a rock star coach!"

SIKE, YOU THOUGHT!!!!

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Or it means that the Stoops rumors were accurate but they couldn't come to an agreement on numbers or other stipulations with him.

Or Gus let his pride get the best of him. Reduced buyout and effectively neutered his authority

Didn't the insiders say he left for Arky State because of his reduced authority over his supposed area of expertise? Maybe force him to start looking?

Though no agreement has been finalized and changes remain possible, Gus Malzahn is on the verge of accepting a reduced buyout and other limitations to remain

How is this information available to me?

3 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today?

Cause today it will cost 32 million or more with assets included. I’m thinking  nobody wanted to write that check.

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Ok the silver lining in this for me anyways is this is in a way forcing Malzahn to look elsewhere. If he doesn’t have the control that he wants then to him is it worth staying? At the same time this scenario honestly makes little sense in that EVERYONE stays. Can you imagine the turmoil next season if that’s the case?

Thats what im hoping.

Just now, Tiger said:

My heart is sooo broken right now. Gus keeps doing this to me.

"Oh, look! He beat 2 #1 teams in a row by breaking all his stupid ass tendencies"

"Oh, look! We are serious about firing him and bringing in a rock star coach!"

SIKE, YOU THOUGHT!!!!

This crap doesn’t even make sense. I guess financially it makes sense for Auburn by why would either party want to stay in this mess?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

The Stoops deal or anyone else will not begin in earnest till Gus is fired. As you see they are still not to that point. Just think how Dumb it would have been for Stoops to answer that question last night and then this info show up this morning. Bob is way smarter than that.

1 minute ago, ausburn said:

Not so fast my friend.  Changes have to be revenue neutral.  Can spend less or equal to.

In other words, they won't pay a buyout.  So it effectively ends the discussion of changes unless the coach in question doesn't have a buyout or the new coach coming in is willing to work for free.

The school pres is telling the head coach and putting in his contract the O coordinator must stay, and must have complete control of the offense? We have to be the laughingstock of the NCAA!

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Cause today it will cost 32 million or more with assets included. I’m thinking  nobody wanted to write that check.

Not sure, it seems the money was/is there, but que sera sera

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

OK.  

So we stick with Plan A.  Gus stays and we go 7-5 next season.  

Could this whole thing been cooked up to force Gus into negotiations?  Nope.  We're not that smart.

7-5. Ha. We'd be lucky to go 5-7. Auburn is run by idiots. We're going to lose millions from the disinterest from our fan base. I already have no interest in watching that stinking turnip run our program farther into the dirt than it already is. This has got to be the dumbest way to address this than I can think of. 

Archived