Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

LOL @ people talking about Lindsey being given full control of the offense this time.  Like Charlie Brown lining up to kick that football, we never learn that Gus is Lucy and that will never happen.  When the pressure is on, Gus reverts to taking control.  That will never change.

Oh I don't disagree.  It sucks too, because the evidence is there that when Gus actually gives up control of the offense, we do well.  2016 under Rhett and last year under Chip.

Just now, auburnphan said:

If you could think of the worst way to have this work out for Auburn, you nailed it with this crap.  My head is about to explode if this is what happens.  

Seriously. This scenario is unfathomable.

"We really wanna fire you and the poor staff choices you make but instead, why don't you stick around but you're not allowed to fire any of these guys. How's that sound?"

WUT?

Folks need to lay off of Greene. He has no dog in this fight. The contract was between Gus, Leath and Harbert. Probably if he was asked he would tell them they made their bed so lay in it. If I was him I would stay clear . I feel confident if it was Greene’s call Gus would have already been packing.

Could Gus potentially agree to this deal in an effort to make him more accessible to another school since it would cost less for them to hire him with a decreased buyout?  Plus the fact that he'd be limited to what he can do as far as staff changes - it might make him more likely to pursue other jobs.  I'm just still trying to wrap my head around this because it's too bizarre to be taken at face value, at least from the press it's received so far.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Seriously. This scenario is unfathomable.

"We really wanna fire you and the poor staff choices you make but instead, why don't you stick around but you're not allowed to fire any of these guys. How's that sound?"

WUT?

No problem hey really want him to resign so they will use what power they have to make his stay miserable.Dont doubt for a minute everyone wants Gus to leave.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Chip has gotten it done.  When left to call and develop game plans, our offense has been fantastic.  From all reports, the run we went on after LSU last year was all Chip on O.  Gus took the reigns back over the week of the SECC and hasn't given them back since.

What reports?

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

From all reports, the run we went on after LSU last year was all Chip on O.

So why then is it that Gus gets the blame for running Kerryon into tbe ground?  I figure those reports to be bogus anyways. 

30 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

It seems to me the guy with the biggest checkbook wants Gus to stay. I mean how damn hard is it to fire someone, especially if everyone says the money is not an issue. Fire him and move on or stop with all this foolishness. 

Here, here. I agree.

2 minutes ago, Weagle Beagle said:

Could Gus potentially agree to this deal in an effort to make him more accessible to another school since it would cost less for them to hire him with a decreased buyout?  Plus the fact that he'd be limited to what he can do as far as staff changes - it might make him more likely to pursue other jobs.  I'm just still trying to wrap my head around this because it's too bizarre to be taken at face value, at least from the press it's received so far.

The drop in buyout is from AU to him . They would probably drop all his buyout if he left.

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Folks need to lay off of Greene. He has no dog in this fight. The contract was between Gus, Leath and Harbert. Probably if he was asked he would tell them they made their bed so lay in it. If I was him I would stay clear . I feel confident if it was Greene’s call Gus would have already been packing.

My issue with Greene is that it doesn't matter if he has a dog in the fight. It's his athletic program. He needs to run it. Even if he has an excuse to not get involved with something, he should do it anyway, because that's what he is paid to do. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

So why then is it that Gus gets the blame for running Kerryon into tbe ground?  I figure those reports to be bogus anyways. 

Play call was Chip’s personnel playing was and has been Gus’s call why do you think we waste all those time outs.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

There's certainly precedent for Gus running a back into the ground.  Kerryon is one I'm honestly unsure about.  He was never that durable (look at this season for example in the NFL).

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Play call was Chip’s personnel playing was and has been Gus’s call why do you think we waste all those time outs.

Go to grammar school bud. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My issue with Greene is that it doesn't matter if he has a dog in the fight. It's his athletic program. He needs to run it. Even if he has an excuse to not get involved with something, he should do it anyway, because that's what he is paid to do. 

I agree here. Greene didn't hire almost ALL of the coaches/staff on the athletic department. Are you guys now trying to say that he should have no say for all of them? Just because HE didn't hire them?

That's crazy talk.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Insiders on this board and others.  Sorry, should have worded that better.

Not trusting those who have been declared as "insiders".....their record is no better than some guys living down in Texas who just follow chat boards. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Remember AG works for Leath. For te present I would rather AG not get fired. Like I said I think if it was his option he would fire Gus because he is savvy enough to understand keeping him will cost us mornin the long run.

What a $hit show all of this is.. #frustrated.  

We can’t be normal.. we just can’t. We find ways to screw it up. Just fire the damn man.. pay him his money and move on.. that is what normal programs do.. 1st you give him and off the chain buyout.. (Leather should be fired for that alone) expect different results and what you get is Gus being Gus.. he will never change.. grow a pair and cut ties before the damage sets us back 20 years. 

SMH

Just now, Ryan Sanders said:

I agree here. Greene didn't hire almost ALL of the coaches/staff on the athletic department. Are you guys now trying to say that he should have no say for all of them? Just because HE didn't hire them?

That's crazy talk.

Yeah I haven't agreed with a lot of the stuff said here all day but I do with this. If Greene is "just staying out of it" because Malzahn wasn't his hire or this wasn't his bed than he was a poor choice for an AD. It's a leadership role. Be a leader. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Not trusting those who have been declared as "insiders".....their record is no better than some guys living down in Texas who just follow chat boards. 

Apparently WDE is tbe gospel around these here parts.

Archived