Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I wouldnt play the long game here. He doesn't have time for that. Look around you. Greene is getting blame for this debacle just as much as anyone, because it's his job to insure that this kind of garbage doesn't happen. Certainly not while Alabama is only getting stronger. This needs to be fixed fast or Auburn football is about to be busted for a long time. 

Who's blaming him that matters?  Have the money people lost faith in Greene?  Not one of our opinions on this board matters unless we happen to be a big time donor.

And he can try to ensure that these things don't happen, but if his boss does something and overrides him, what is Greene supposed to do?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is not probable but maybe Leathe and Greene are taking this 'buyout renegotiation' route in an attempt to manage the athletic department themselves instead of having the boosters do it.  On the surface, it seems like a fiscally responsible thing to do (having your purchased commodity commit to do their job or get fired for less money).  I think that CGM wants to be successful because pride is more important to him than money.  Their approach may not be the best one but maybe it's baby steps for us.  This is me being optimistic.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Can someone explain what IS the end game we are likely to see?

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

So he is calculating to stay completely out of this process? To include everything going on with the assistance etc.? That is calculating?

I think he may very well be, or at least he's being very quiet about his involvement.  And it would be smart to a degree.  Gus and Leath are likely gone within 12 months.  If that happens, then you get full control over the next hire without any blame from this debacle, all while having full support from the money people.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

I think we have competing factions each trying to use the press to get what they want.  It's up in the air who will prevail.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Who's blaming him that matters?  Have the money people lost faith in Greene?  Not one of our opinions on this board matters unless we happen to be a big time donor.

And he can try to ensure that these things don't happen, but if his boss does something and overrides him, what is Greene supposed to do?

You have been told what he is supposed to do. He is supposed to try everything in his power to insert him self in this process because he is the freaking athletic director!

I really don’t think that is asking too much!

So the big money people trust Greene but they’re gonna let the pres make this decision? without the AD? I’m sorry, but I’m pissed right now about the situation, and your logic makes no sense.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I think we have competing factions each trying to use the press to get what they want.  It's up in the air who will prevail.

There's only one way to settle this:

THUNDERDOME!

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If they lose the fans, they lose money. We are their bread a butter. And I assure you that there intelligent big money boosters that are going to be pissed with even Greene, if this goes down like this.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

You have been told what he is supposed to do. He is supposed to try everything in his power to insert him self in this process because he is the freaking athletic director!

I really don’t think that is asking too much!

So the big money people trust Greene but they’re gonna let the pres make this decision? without the AD? I’m sorry, but I’m pissed right now about the situation, and your logic makes no sense.

Ultimately the money people don't get to say what the President does.  They have sway, but aren't the be all, end all.  Donors make donations to political campaigns all the time, but an elected official may still vote against that donor's interests.  

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Sadly, :gofig: + :popcorn:is about all we can do as always. The train wreck that has historically been Auburn athletics administration. 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It sounds as if the only member of one competing faction is the %$^&-head prez and everybody else is the other competing faction.

This is actually pure genius. There is no way possible anyone takes a deal like this if they are going to stay. Just sit back and relax. Phase 2 will begin shortly. And in no way do I believe our President came up with this plan or deal. BTW as tongue and cheek as it sounded, Passthebiscuits prediction could actually come life with this plan.

5 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Next year Malzahn gets fired for sure. Past that, who knows. We are going to have to study (maybe visit) coaches all year preparing for the moment. By now, I think it is obvious that the AD’s trust in Gus is merely a formality and there will be no hurt feelings to worry about.

32 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It is his option. And if Leath has done anything to make him think it isn't his option, then he needs to man up and walk. What good is it to have a Director of Athletics if that guy cant have the coaches he wants? 

One would think that Leath's Gus deal gives Greene a lot of leverage on what happens next.

I wonder what the BOTs think of Greene?

Just now, AUFan21 said:

This is actually pure genius. There is no way possible anyone takes a deal like this if they are going to stay. Just sit back and relax. Phase 2 will begin shortly. And in no way do I believe our President came up with this plan or deal. BTW as tongue and cheek as it sounded, Passthebiscuits prediction could actually come life with this plan.

You underestimate the stupidity of Auburn power brokers. We shoot ourselves in the foot better than anyone 

1 minute ago, AUFan21 said:

This is actually pure genius.....Passthebiscuits prediction could actually come life with this plan.

His plan?

Well the national media that I've heard so far are almost speechless that Gus would even comtemplate such a deal. Most of them said he should have said then fire me and take the money and run.

12 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

As it seems always to be with AU. . .  TBD

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Well the national media that I've heard so far are almost speechless that Gus would even comtemplate such a deal. Most of them said he should have said then fire me and take the money and run.

Maybe given time to contemplate on the deal Gus will do the right thing and say no thanks.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's what I've been saying. Maybe this was a test to gauge Gus's intelligence. If he takes this deal, he's a complete window licker.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

There's got to be something to what Moon reported regarding the TUF portion of the contract.  If there's legal basis to lower or not pay that portion of his buyout, then he would be smart to lower it and get a fixed amount in an ironclad contract.

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's what I would do as well. 

Archived