Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That's what I've been saying. Maybe this was a test to gauge Gus's intelligence. If he takes this deal, he's a complete window licker.

I have always thought so!

39 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Dear Iowa State University,

We're sorry.  We won't take any more things from you ever.  Please remove the gypsy curse from us and we will never bother you again.

Signed,

Auburn

Leath is the Trojan Horse (gift)  from Iowa State !

6 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Chip is the hinge-pin. There's no way he works another year under Gus, period. Why hasn't he been let go yet? 1)moving on to another job without being fired 2)the head fish is moving on, so it doesn't matter anyway. 

There's probably more scenarios, but this story has legs. 

I'm calling my shot:

By end of week, Gus takes job at Texas Tech with negotiated $ with Auburn. He leaves all nice and warm, saying Auburn is Cray cray and he's excited for the opportunity.

Chip moves on to the OC position at TN.

Auburn goes full-court press on their replacement (whom they have already received commitment from) and saves face with a splash hire...enduring two days of a bad press news cycle before turning hope around before Christmas.

put it on the board. 

If I'm wrong, pretend I'm Finebaum.

This right here.

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think we have competing factions each trying to use the press to get what they want.  It's up in the air who will prevail.

It could be the PTB are playing hard ball in looking for a new coach (Stoops) while Leath (the good cop) is trying to save face with Gus bringing his buyout down and making himself look better when the axe drops.  The two factions are still at odds and they both are feeding the media.  The end game is days away. 

Either way, Gus has been leveraged.  Sexton can’t save him this time.

Why would Gus take the deal?

It’s clear, Gus has finally seen the light and learned his lesson in humility and grace. . . Yes, some thought this happened after RL went his own way down the rugged path; others claimed it was after the Cox-whirly-bird, 12 QB clempson game; yes, others said it was after the bye-bye 20 point lead at lswho game; yes, still others said it was after the defeat of then #1 thuga; or, others opined it was actually after the defeat of then #1 bummer; yet, still others said it was after the 2 game skid to end last year with the talk of CL taking the reigns and JS having freedom to audible in the off-season; but no, alas, it is now, finally NOW that CGM has finally, unmistakably, undeniably, with shouts of “ Hallelujah “ chorus from the heavens learned his lesson!

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

1 minute ago, AUFan21 said:

This right here.

Makes about as much sense as anything else we’ve heard. One exception, I don’t think Tennessee wants Chip Lindsey unless Chip has compromising pictures of them as well.

56 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not trusting those who have been declared as "insiders".....their record is no better than some guys living down in Texas who just follow chat boards. 

JFYI, it's very possible one can live in Texas and still have connections at AU.

Just now, AU-24 said:

Makes about as much sense as anything else we’ve heard. One exception, I don’t think Tennessee wants Chip Lindsey unless Chip has compromising pictures of them as well.

Why would chip leave when supposedly there is 100k retention bonus 

Just now, bigbird said:

JFYI, it's very possible one can live in Texas and still have connections at AU.

I actually thought of you when I read that! 😀

49 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

The most oft repeated phrase of we poor AU fans, just ahead of “we’re young this year” is . . .  “Next year we’ll get it together “!

Yea but nobody and I mean nobody beats us at practice?

Just now, DAG said:

Why would chip leave when supposedly there is 100k retention bonus 

I know and I agree, I was just going off of his plan.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Pee pee tapes. Get it right.

from passthebiscuits:

Chip is the hinge-pin. There's no way he works another year under Gus, period. Why hasn't he been let go yet? 1)moving on to another job without being fired 2)the head fish is moving on, so it doesn't matter anyway. 

There's probably more scenarios, but this story has legs. 

I'm calling my shot:

By end of week, Gus takes job at Texas Tech with negotiated $ with Auburn. He leaves all nice and warm, saying Auburn is Cray cray and he's excited for the opportunity.

Chip moves on to the OC position at TN.

Auburn goes full-court press on their replacement (whom they have already received commitment from) and saves face with a splash hire...enduring two days of a bad press news cycle before turning hope around before Christmas.

put it on the board. 

If I'm wrong, pretend I'm Finebaum.

I am not going to take this apart, but I can't believe this will unfold.   Do you think TTU would really want Gus with his track record against rivals?  They would prefer an up and coming 'hot name,' I believe.   I read a thing today about their search and I don't recall an established HC on the list.  

Also, not sure firing Chip this week is needed.   Better timing would probably be after signing day, if we can't hire til then.   

We all agree on one thing - this is a mess.  And I think all the drama is over, time to move on.

38 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Nobody said he is ducking. He works for Leath and Leath wants to handle this himself. What would you like Greene to do? Resign?

There's something fishy here.  Leath wanted to fire Bruce Pearl in the wake of the FBI probe, Asst HC termination & 2 suspended players.....Greene said hell no, and he pushed Leath to keep BP on staff.

Now Greene basically has no say-so in his own head football (clean with the FBI/NCAA & no investigation or suspended players) coach's employment?  

Archived