Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I am not going to take this apart, but I can't believe this will unfold.   Do you think TTU would really want Gus with his track record against rivals?  They would prefer an up and coming 'hot name,' I believe.   I read a thing today about their search and I don't recall an established HC on the list.  

Also, not sure firing Chip this week is needed.   Better timing would probably be after signing day, if we can't hire til then.   

We all agree on one thing - this is a mess.  And I think all the drama is over, time to move on.

Ok. So insert any team in that plan, I am sure Texas Tech was the first team to pop in his head because they have an opening. I never said it was fool proof but plausible.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beaker said:

I am not going to take this apart, but I can't believe this will unfold.   Do you think TTU would really want Gus with his track record against rivals?  They would prefer an up and coming 'hot name,' I believe.   I read a thing today about their search and I don't recall an established HC on the list.  

Also, not sure firing Chip this week is needed.   Better timing would probably be after signing day, if we can't hire til then.   

We all agree on one thing - this is a mess.  And I think all the drama is over, time to move on.

Would TTU want a coach that has a 67% winning percentage, an SEC title, and another divisional title, all while playing the spread?  Yeah, I think they'd go for that in a heart beat.  They want to win, but the pressure there isn't as bad as it is at AU.  Leach mostly had 7-8 win seasons there and was a freaking God.

Just now, keesler said:

There's something fishy here.  Leath wanted to fire Bruce Pearl in the wake of the FBI probe, Asst HC termination & 2 suspended players.....Greene said hell no, and he pushed Leath to keep BP on staff.

Now Greene basically has no say-so in his own head football (clean with the FBI/NCAA & no investigation or suspended players) coach's employment?  

Who says Greene isn’t pushing for Gus to be gone? Leath is trying to save face and so is RH. That’s some might big folks to go against . Just hang tight I think PTB is exactly right. I think by weeks end most folks will be satisfied.

7 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

"This is the worst deal in the history of deals, maybe ever."

Besides his extension last year...just wait till year 3

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

There's something fishy here.  Leath wanted to fire Bruce Pearl in the wake of the FBI probe, Asst HC termination & 2 suspended players.....Greene said hell no, and he pushed Leath to keep BP on staff.

Now Greene basically has no say-so in his own head football (clean with the FBI/NCAA & no investigation or suspended players) coach's employment?  

I think Greene doesn't believe Gus is worth going to bat for and he's letting Leath take the bullets here.

3 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

Ok. So insert any team in that plan, I am sure Texas Tech was the first team to pop in his head because they have an opening. I never said it was fool proof but plausible.

Texas Tech would love Gus. He's a veteran SEC coach that runs a spread offense and has the ability to get pretty good DC's. Texas Tech would be a top 5 big 12 team with ol Gustavo.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Texas Tech would love Gus. He's a veteran SEC coach that runs a spread offensebamd has the ability to get pretty good DC's. 

Defense..in the Big 12...🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

JFYI, it's very possible one can live in Texas and still have connections at AU.

Yeah, but they would have to be some kind of jacked up humanity that nobody would listen to

😜

37 minutes ago, AUnMS said:

I know this is not probable but maybe Leathe and Greene are taking this 'buyout renegotiation' route in an attempt to manage the athletic department themselves instead of having the boosters do it.  On the surface, it seems like a fiscally responsible thing to do (having your purchased commodity commit to do their job or get fired for less money).  I think that CGM wants to be successful because pride is more important to him than money.  Their approach may not be the best one but maybe it's baby steps for us.  This is me being optimistic.

Leath left town for a meeting in Washington DC and left the buyout renegotiation's to a big $$ Booster on the BOT with the AD (Greene) apparently left out of the picture altogether. 

What gives you the notion that Leath/Greene are managing this athletic department themselves and leaving the Boosters out of it?  The Auburn Administration has done absolutely nothing to show an ounce of fiscal responsibility in the last 12 months.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Would TTU want a coach that has a 67% winning percentage, an SEC title, and another divisional title, all while playing the spread?  Yeah, I think they'd go for that in a heart beat.  They want to win, but the pressure there isn't as bad as it is at AU.  Leach mostly had 7-8 win seasons there and was a freaking God.

And apparently Big12 DC's are slobbering neanderthals compared to godlike SEC DC's.  Gus could probably do well there....

Dangit, I said I was done.  Sorry...

Can’t believe I’ve been attached to my phone most of the day today hitting refresh waiting for the glorious news of Gus’ departure only to have him stay... what a punch in the gut.

2 hours ago, meh130 said:

You must have missed my qualifier as having overachieved as a head coach.

I did. My apology. I thought you had said underachieved rather than over

14 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

"This is the worst deal in the history of deals, maybe ever."

this and the Hershel Walker deal.   We may be right there with the Vikings.

gun.gif

camilla.gif

arch.gif

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Who, in this thread, knows what they're talking about?  With so many new posts, just trying to make sure I read the right ones.

Your reading selection is going to be very, very limited.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man it's crazy how fast the rumor mill starts ramping up, this time a year. When for all anyone really knows, Gus could be on the road recruiting and Leath and Greene are just going about their business as usual.😂

Someone's making trouble.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Who, in this thread, knows what they're talking about?  With so many new posts, just trying to make sure I read the right ones.

Everyone, duh.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

This whole thing is effed up. Just pray that we only have half the facts for now. 

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

crickets....

So basically Auburn football does not matter at all until 2020 at the earliest? Great. That is basically what Gus coming back under these terms is telling us. Next year literally does not matter at all. 

Archived